ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5 District champion predictions

cardsfan200306

Nov 4, 2022
D1 Farmington travels to Cape Central where they took a 35-0 loss end of September. Cape Central prevails again by 14+

D2 Eureka travels to Rockwood Summit, Eureka keeps it within 10 but Rockwood wins

D3 MICDS makes the trip over to Cardinal Ritter, MICDS seems to really be growing and playing good ball but Ritter is still tough and wins by 14+

D4 Ft. Zumwalt North travels to St. Dominic and loses by 7

D5 Cap City travels to Helias Catholic, before both outcomes Friday Night I would have had Helias winning big, however with no time to watch both games I will say Helias wins in a good game

D6 Republic travels to undefeated Lebanon and upsets them by 7

D7 Carthage travels to Webb City. I understand a few weeks ago however Jackson is back and they are a different team with him in.
D8 Platte County travels to Grain Valley and loses again. PC may be improving however GV can run it up the gut, pass to multiple WR, pass to the TE or if everyone is covered the QB has feet, its almost unfair.

While many will disagree and that is the point of a discussion board please put some thought into the reply so we can have a good week of discussion.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I would argue the bigger difference for Webb this go around will be Johnson being completely healthy. Yeah he had the big run the first game but he also didn’t do much else besides that. He’s a heck of an athlete and if Carthage can’t contain him and they go down 14-0 quick like they did last night, it’ll be a quick night next week.

I would also say that regardless of the outcome, Carthage should feel good about this year. It’s obviously been well documented the lack of winning their senior class went through in pee wee and Jr High ball. The fact they pulled it together after DEFCON 1 against Branson and are playing for another district championship speaks volumes. Combine the returning juniors and sophomores from this year’s team with a very good freshman group, Carthage should be stout again next year.

Cape Central
Rockwood Summit
Cardinal Ritter
St. Dominic
--
Helias
Lebanon (game of the week right here - geez I'd love to see it!)
Webb City
Grain Valley

My state champion prediction still stands: Grain Valley vs. Cardinal Ritter

D1 Cape Central over Farmington

D2 Rockwood Summit over Eureka

D3 Cardinal Ritter over MICDS

D4 Ft. Zumwalt North over St. Dominic

D5 Helias Catholic over Capital City

D6 Republic over Lebanon. I wouldn’t call this an upset. Since some inter-conference games have been played here in the district playoffs, Lebanon’s wins look much less impressive. Not a good matchup for the Jackets. Republic is not flashy but solid. Solid enough to hang within 3 of a physical Nixa team. If Republic takes care of the ball and avoids the dumb penalties, they win by 14.

D7 Webb City over Carthage. I like both teams as they both seem to have improved throughout the season and both are coming off confidence boosting games. WC is at home, and while that advantage isn’t what it once was, it’ll give them the edge this week along with the revenge factor. Cards by 7. (Disclaimer: Tigers win if WC tries to be cute with too many multiple formations and meaningless motion)
D8 Grain Valley over Platte County.

D1 Cape Central over Farmington

D2 Rockwood Summit over Eureka

D3 Cardinal Ritter over MICDS

D4 Ft. Zumwalt North over St. Dominic

D5 Helias Catholic over Capital City

D6 Republic over Lebanon. I wouldn’t call this an upset. Since some inter-conference games have been played here in the district playoffs, Lebanon’s wins look much less impressive. Not a good matchup for the Jackets. Republic is not flashy but solid. Solid enough to hang within 3 of a physical Nixa team. If Republic takes care of the ball and avoids the dumb penalties, they win by 14.

D7 Webb City over Carthage. I like both teams as they both seem to have improved throughout the season and both are coming off confidence boosting games. WC is at home, and while that advantage isn’t what it once was, it’ll give them the edge this week along with the revenge factor. Cards by 7. (Disclaimer: Tigers win if WC tries to be cute with too many multiple formations and meaningless motion)
D8 Grain Valley over Platte County.
Motion on first play of the game for Webb last night looked like a Chinese fire drill 😂😂

Motion on first play of the game for Webb last night looked like a Chinese fire drill 😂😂
Cards could’ve worn pink tutus and invoked the mercy clock last night. Tigers won’t be distracted but will be ok with delay of game penalties, use of unnecessary timeouts, indecisiveness and players turning the wrong direction.

You all should be ashamed, not giving MICDS a shot, I’m not either, but you all should be ashamed

You all should be ashamed, not giving MICDS a shot, I’m not either, but you all should be ashamed
Half or more of the people on this board gave Ritter the state championship before a snap was even played. I would love for micds to make them eat crow. However I don't think micds is the one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT