ADVERTISEMENT

Best Kansas City high school team ever?

quadzilla200

Feb 21, 2020
Since I can't figure out how to completely delete a thread I started on the wrong page. I will change the topic.

Last edited:
Interesting, I did not know there was a football game today. High scoring too.

Since I can't figure out how to completely delete a thread I started on the wrong page. I will change the topic.
Lots of candidates. Not sure about best team very hard call but best year in this Metro was 2003. Harrisonville, Kearney, Park Hill and Blue Springs all won and three of them were all time greats in their respective classes (3-4-6).

Reactions: HomeyR
Lots of candidates. Not sure about best team very hard call but best year in this Metro was 2003. Harrisonville, Kearney, Park Hill and Blue Springs all won and three of them were all time greats in their respective classes (3-4-6).
I'd say the year before would have an argument.

5 state champs from KC metro with Webster Groves slipping by Ray-Pec 23-22 to salvage one for the least side.

5 state champs from KC metro with Webster Groves slipping by Ray-Pec 23-22 to salvage one for the least side.
Yes remember that year all too well but the wins were not on the order of 43-zip. KC metro had other highlight years like 2007 and 2015. What memories................

Reactions: Missouri Kid
2013 Blue Springs. Dominating season against one of the hardest schedules in recorded Missouri history.

Last edited:
Outside of the classic vs. LSW I don't recall that schedule being all that difficult. Rock was really down that year and they faced a very overmatched Rock Bridge in the Dome.

This team beat 13-1 LSW, the #2 team in all classes. The Class 5 Champ. A classic game, 42-35

They beat #3 in all classes Lee's Summit who was #2 in Class 6, 10-2, 63-14 and 40-7. They had a quarterback; you might have heard of by the name of Drew Lock (Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks)

They beat #4 in Class 6, Liberty 38-21, who also beat Rock Bridge.

A lot of turbo clock wins in the other games, on some pretty good teams...

#328 Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO) (35-14),
#372 Blue Springs South (Blue Springs, MO) (40-0), #372 Blue Springs South (Blue Springs, MO) (35-0),

#434 Rockhurst (Kansas City, MO) (22-7),
#930 Park Hill South (Riverside, MO) (49-14),
#980 Raymore-Peculiar (Peculiar, MO) (41-14),
#1071 Eureka (MO) (42-14),
#2113 Lee's Summit North (Lee's Summit, MO) (27-3), #2113 Lee's Summit North (Lee's Summit, MO) (42-0), #2450 Central (St. Joseph, MO) (41-6)

The only bottom dwellers they faced were LSN, and Central.

This team beat 13-1 LSW, the #2 team in all classes. The Class 5 Champ. A classic game, 42-35

They beat #3 in all classes Lee's Summit who was #2 in Class 6, 10-2, 63-14 and 40-7. They had a quarterback; you might have heard of by the name of Drew Lock (Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks)

They beat #4 in Class 6, Liberty 38-21, who also beat Rock Bridge.

A lot of turbo clock wins in the other games, on some pretty good teams...

#328 Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO) (35-14),
#372 Blue Springs South (Blue Springs, MO) (40-0), #372 Blue Springs South (Blue Springs, MO) (35-0),

#434 Rockhurst (Kansas City, MO) (22-7),
#930 Park Hill South (Riverside, MO) (49-14),
#980 Raymore-Peculiar (Peculiar, MO) (41-14),
#1071 Eureka (MO) (42-14),
#2113 Lee's Summit North (Lee's Summit, MO) (27-3), #2113 Lee's Summit North (Lee's Summit, MO) (42-0), #2450 Central (St. Joseph, MO) (41-6)

The only bottom dwellers they faced were LSN, and Central.
BAD Kearney memory vs. Lock on Thursday Night 77-55 crazy loss. If I recall right the KDogs trailed by 5 scores at half. I concede Drew was outstanding but I was not all that impressed by them later in the season.

The 2013 Blue Springs team definitely has to be considered. Not that it matters but three guys who saw or are currently seeing significant NFL time. Another team that I felt like was really fun to watch but fizzled out in the playoffs was the 2008 Rockhurst team with Nate Scheelhaase.

The 2013 Blue Springs team definitely has to be considered. Not that it matters but three guys who saw or are currently seeing significant NFL time. Another team that I felt like was really fun to watch but fizzled out in the playoffs was the 2008 Rockhurst team with Nate Scheelhaase.
Great point because only the elite of the elite ever play in the NFL.

Chad "the monster" Harberts was my absolute favorite HSFB reporter/commentator in KC he put together a really outstanding 2002 Championship video wish that was available somewhere..........

Reactions: HomeyR
Are you asking for the best KC team or the best KC area team? Just asking since most of these teams being listed off are 20-30 min from actual Kansas City

Blue Springs and Lee's Summit City limits border Kansas City, and some of the students actually live in the KC City limits. So they are Kansas City teams. Liberty North has 70% of their students that live in the Kansas City city limits, NOT Liberty. FYI. School district areas and city-limit areas are different.

dj-racer-flr.gif

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021
Blue Springs and Lee's Summit City limits border Kansas City, and some of the students actually live in the KC City limits. So they are Kansas City teams. Liberty North has 70% of their students that live in the Kansas City city limits, NOT Liberty. FYI. School district areas and city-limit areas are different.
DOes not matter anymore with OPEN ENROLLMENT.. Warrensburg could be a KC school.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
So none of these schools are Kansas City School District cause they all suck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT