ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Roster

giphy.gif

Because they are afraid to play Adrian with less guys on roster? So they just want to win? Would be best for program to play real 11 man football

• Haha
Reactions: Wsquirrel15
Why are they playing 8man football with 30 guys on their roster?
Cant win in 11 man football? Drop to 8 man! Cant sleep? Drop to 8 man! Congratulations to Archie on their first state championship. Well earned and deserved! Congratulations to the citizens of Archie on enjoying the best nap in their lifetime! Although, with a 7PM kick off, they might have just went to bed.

Reactions: shoot90draw
Because they are afraid to play Adrian with less guys on roster? So they just want to win? Would be best for program to play real 11 man football
Real 11 man football? That's both arrogant and stupid on your part.

Cant win in 11 man football? Drop to 8 man! Cant sleep? Drop to 8 man! Congratulations to Archie on their first state championship. Well earned and deserved! Congratulations to the citizens of Archie on enjoying the best nap in their lifetime! Although, with a 7PM kick off, they might have just went to bed.
Penn State has applied for 8 man I am hearing

the target has moved around... usually programs that have had continued success... its almost ALMOST like kids like playing for winning teams.
Great observation Captain!!! Hard to disagree!!! Yet, on this board, it could happen…..

Archie is like most small schools in that their participation will be vary greatly. Why not just play 8 man and stay there instead up moving up and down every year.

Reactions: Ap2493
Archie is like most small schools in that their participation will be vary greatly. Why not just play 8 man and stay there instead up moving up and down every year.
I'm pretty sure they will stay down.
They will be ok next year but after that I'm not seeing it.

Someone else mentioned how difficult it is to schedule when you hop back and forth and how it alienates both your 11 man opponent options and your 8 man opponent options. Now what's the likelihood that OP here is a Worth Coutny feller??

With those kind of numbers, Archie was so big they could actually scrimmage 8 on 8 in practice everyday with all upperclassmen!

Someone else mentioned how difficult it is to schedule when you hop back and forth and how it alienates both your 11 man opponent options and your 8 man opponent options. Now what's the likelihood that OP here is a Worth Coutny feller??
Platte County

Question....... Does 8 man teams play a JV schedule?
College Heights played one JV game this fall, against Liberal. With the numbers most programs have and a lot of frosh and sophs getting field time on Friday nights, I don't know how there would be enough for Monday nights and not get into "quarters played" situations.
If a school is under the MSHSAA number for 8-man and they get a big number out for football, then good on'em. Apparently the coach has done a good job promoting the program. 8-man is just as important to these small, rural farming communities as it is to the powerhouse class 5 and 6 programs. Probably more so, even, as the towns hang their dwindling identity on the school and the athletic programs. Besides, these kids deserve the oppty to play this wonderful sport as much as anyone and getting their heads beat in by bigger, deeper Class 1 and 2 teams isn't going to do anything to grow the game.
But I'm like you or someone else who posted it, either go 8-man or go 11-man, but make a decision and stick with it.
Have a great championship weekend everyone. Safe travels to those attending and congrats for making it To MSHSAA, waiting for my $15 for the TV package...keep waiting.
Out.

Reactions: Baldguy
College Heights played one JV game this fall, against Liberal. With the numbers most programs have and a lot of frosh and sophs getting field time on Friday nights, I don't know how there would be enough for Monday nights and not get into "quarters played" situations.
If a school is under the MSHSAA number for 8-man and they get a big number out for football, then good on'em. Apparently the coach has done a good job promoting the program. 8-man is just as important to these small, rural farming communities as it is to the powerhouse class 5 and 6 programs. Probably more so, even, as the towns hang their dwindling identity on the school and the athletic programs. Besides, these kids deserve the oppty to play this wonderful sport as much as anyone and getting their heads beat in by bigger, deeper Class 1 and 2 teams isn't going to do anything to grow the game.
But I'm like you or someone else who posted it, either go 8-man or go 11-man, but make a decision and stick with it.
Have a great championship weekend everyone. Safe travels to those attending and congrats for making it To MSHSAA, waiting for my $15 for the TV package...keep waiting.
Out.

I'm with you. I think it's great for the sport that we're doing whatever it takes to allow the kids to play.

I don't really expect this to happen, but while most folks in SWMO probably lament the trickle of 8-Man flooding in at places like Greenfield, I'm more optimistic about what it could mean for the dozens of towns in Southern MO that could one day compete in 8-man.

I can promise you 8-Man would be better than nothing.

Do these communities also have 8-man mighty mite programs? Might be a stupid question but it's one I hadn't considered before.
From what I've seen, there is an 8-man mighty mite league that includes Jasper, Liberal, Lockwood, Greenfield, and believe it or not, Sheldon (who doesn't have a high school team).

Reactions: _slo_mo_
From what I've seen, there is an 8-man mighty mite league that includes Jasper, Liberal, Lockwood, Greenfield, and believe it or not, Sheldon (who doesn't have a high school team).
Didnt sheldon try to coop with NEVC but stockton blocked it?

Am I misremembering?

Didnt sheldon try to coop with NEVC but stockton blocked it?

Am I misremembering?
Yes, that’s what I heard. I wonder if Sheldon could eventually build up enough interest in district to form their own team, then they’d be free to coop with NE, or another neighbor?

I'm with you. I think it's great for the sport that we're doing whatever it takes to allow the kids to play.

I don't really expect this to happen, but while most folks in SWMO probably lament the trickle of 8-Man flooding in at places like Greenfield, I'm more optimistic about what it could mean for the dozens of towns in Southern MO that could one day compete in 8-man.

I can promise you 8-Man would be better than nothing.
I completely agree. I have talked to some coaches that act like 8 man is the worst thing ever. I don't get it. I would rather see kids and schools playing 8 man than not having football at all. I have always hoped to see some 8 man take off SW MO.

Reactions: Arcola and Baldguy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT