#4 Carthage 14 Webb City 13 - Final

carthagefan2006

Nov 2, 2009

RECORDS
-------
CARTHAGE (7-1, 7-1 COC, 4-0 COC WEST)
WEBB CITY (3-5, 3-5 COC, 2-2 COC WEST)

Last edited:
Webb City ran their own scoreboard down to zero. Everyone in the stadium saw it.
You can call the timeout and by the time the ref blows the whistle time ticked off but since there was time still on the clock when he blew it, still counts but you do you boo

Reactions: mosofan
Or they called it while there was 1 second left on the clock as was the case but you do you boo
Don't even try to claim Webb doesn't get away with nonsense all the time.
I'm surprised they didn't let the ball carrier on thay last play get up and keep running until he got into the endzone.

Throughout the year Carthage pulls aways in the second half. I don't see that changing tonight.

Webb scores on a long run, but special teams woes continue to cost them as a missed PAT has them down 1 with Carthage driving to start the 4th

I got blasted several weeks ago by the other Carthage fans for saying Webb would all of a sudden show up in the Carthage game.
Right again.

Well Webb has really improved over the year with a lot of underclassman starting . That's good coaching . They played great tonight . They won't win state ....may not make it out of districts but they aren't gonna be an easy out . This team is pretty decent / good despite their record .

Reactions: Flint222
Well Webb has really improved over the year with a lot of underclassman starting . That's good coaching . They played great tonight . They won't win state ....may not make it out of districts but they aren't gonna be an easy out . This team is pretty decent / good despite their record .
😂

Spirit win for the Webb crowd. A 2 win Webb team is “pretty decent/good” in a conference that has one legit football team. Cool story.

I was really surprised by this score. Might have driven over if I thought it would have been this close. Outside of Hitch, the comments on here and my text messages seem to indicate coaching. IDK? Has the WC D coordinator been around for a while or is he new too?

😂

Spirit win for the Webb crowd. A 2 win Webb team is “pretty decent/good” in a conference that has one legit football team. Cool story.
With this playoff system regulare season matters not at all . Start winning week 10 and you have as much chance of winning it all as anyone

With this playoff system regulare season matters not at all . Start winning week 10 and you have as much chance of winning it all as anyone
Yes but it is harder the worse seed you have. Webb will play a better team in the semis than they usually do.

Like I said this game went more or less exactly as I expected. Webb made just enough big plays to put some points on the board. Defensively they are tough to score on, same as always and expose how thin the Carthage playbook and roster is.

I sat on the Webb side and they were pretty excited during the 1st quarter but dang it was awkwardly quiet towards the end. Kept hearing people making trump like comments about Carthage crowd size. They may not realize maple leaf is to Carthage as football is to Webb city.

I heard screaming about Carthage getting away with one penalty or another on literally every play of the game. obviously the one or two flags called on Webb were totally bogus.

As I understand it WC is basically a lock for the 4 seed so almost certain to travel to Carthage for the semi final round. Sorry to the Carthage fans but I would favor Webb heavily in a rematch as they will continue to get better, might get a key player back from injury and have now seen basically everything Carthage is capable of, so it’s just a matter of studying the film of this game and adjusting.

Yep with GV having Truman next week there is no way for WC to get the 3 spot and then leap frog neosho to 2 from H2H result.

WC will beat raytown and play ctown in a rematch.

GV and Neosho lineup in the other semis and that should be interesting if palmer is healthy by then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT