ADVERTISEMENT

2024/2025 Seniors, Top College Prospects by Position in Missouri

The old arbitrary crap shoot and college coaching hive mind, where promotion, hype, and nonsense take front and center. I try to wrap my head around top D1 recruits for the WR and RB positions that allegedly run a "4.4" but when faced with FATs on the track, they can't get under 11 seconds. Even Veer2 would not contradict me on that point. Track times = objective standard. That's why college coaches, at least the good ones, care about it. Too much attention to the height and weight metrics. Seen way too many duds get multiple offers when they don't have the mental side--and it shows on a Friday night. But they "look like they could" be the thing we need. Okay.
Just saw this thread which is a lot of people going off on this subject.

Just saw this thread which is a lot of people going off on this subject.

And then you get to Fall Camp, and the 3star and 4stars are shocked when a baller that got a walk on is faster, can squat 150 pounds more, and outplay them any day of the week. Happens all the time. Then its transfer portal time. A roll of the dice at best. But they fit the archetype the hive mind develops. So someone else brings them in...pats themselves on the back for getting the 3star, only to find out the same thing. Its the circle of college coaching life.

""The only move he got is a jump cut. Yeah, he run a 4.3, but he got no moves and bricks for hands."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT