ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Worthy

What do you think of the Xavier Worthy pick?

• Great pick!

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Bad pick!

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I don't care because it's the Chiefs

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

trumanbulldog42

Sep 26, 2019
Interested to see what you guys think. The only issue I've read about Worthy is drops. Not an ideal problem to have for the Chiefs. Thoughts?

Interested to see what you guys think. The only issue I've read about Worthy is drops. Not an ideal problem to have for the Chiefs. Thoughts?
I hope it works out. I just fear we have so many of the same type of guy. I was a McConkey fan and hoped we would trade out of Rd 1 and pick up a few more picks and go him in early Rd 2. But if Worthy turns out to be similar to DeVonta Smith then watch out!

Worthy's career drop rate in college was 5.4-6.2% (I've seen numbers within this range from multiple sources) and the league average is 6.7% according to NFL Operations Stats. It was also noted that a lot of his drops were on longer passes which he will obviously need to clean up to utilize his speed to the fullest amount. At worst he is an average NFL WR. I think his floor vs ceiling potential for production makes him a solid 1st round pick. I would also assume there were no IOL or OT's left that they felt strongly about. Time will tell but I am optimistic based on those numbers I listed and Andy Reid's track record of utilizing guys like Worthy (exception maybe being Sky Moore if that is a comparison you want to make)

I hope it works out. I just fear we have so many of the same type of guy. I was a McConkey fan and hoped we would trade out of Rd 1 and pick up a few more picks and go him in early Rd 2. But if Worthy turns out to be similar to DeVonta Smith then watch out!
We? I didn’t know you were with the team!!
What is Taylor really like?

We? I didn’t know you were with the team!!
What is Taylor really like?
21-trans-wives-2.nocrop.w529.h997.jpg

Veer2 hates it. Fastest guy of ALL TIME in the 40. Doesn't matter according to the Veer2 brain trust.

AL DAVIS LOVES IT

"You make sure the opposing defense goes to bed the night before the game knowing, fearing that they will be facing somebody who can beat them deep on any play. Let them stay awake all night worrying about it."

Last edited:
If he drops, then he is a flop! But does fit right in with the KC receivers. Hell they even started rubbing of on Kelce for a while... But if drops lead you to a SB win, keep doing your thing.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Wilson played significantly better last year. Even had the Broncos on the verge of the playoffs. So you gotta start with Wilson. Things go bad, Fields is just waiting in the wings.

i just don't think Fields is good enough even if Wilson goes bad. Fields is an unbelievable athlete, for sure, and probably serviceable with a good amount of help, though, but does he have the help?

The really funny part was pointed out last night as the Chiefs moved up to get this pick trading with (drum roll) the now Diggs-less Buffalo Bills.

Veer2 hates it. Fastest guy of ALL TIME in the 40. Doesn't matter according to the Veer2 brain trust.

AL DAVIS LOVES IT

"You make sure the opposing defense goes to bed the night before the game knowing, fearing that they will be facing somebody who can beat them deep on any play. Let them stay awake all night worrying about it."
Run Away GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Fort80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT