ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1: West Plains @ Bolivar

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
Since maxpreps & MSHSAA have started keeping track, West Plains and Bolivar have met 7 times with the Zizzers leading the series 5-2.
West Plains has won the last 3 meetings by a combined score of 117-14 including a 45-0 shutout in last years Class 4 district title matchup on their way to the programs first semifinal appearance since 1969 and first quarterfinal win ever.
Bolivar has a new coach this year in Jamie LaSalle who has been successful just about everywhere he’s went.
This game will be played @ Bolivar. The last time the Zizzers traveled to Bolivar, the Z handed the Liberators a 56-7 drubbing @ SBU in a regular season matchup in 2021.

Coach Wyatt and the Zizzers were victorious in both clashes with Bolivar last year.

I’ll give WP the edge on this one. I went to their jamboree, I still think they have some work to do with their O Line, but that will come.
Their skill players are better than I expected with as much as they graduated.
Hughston(signed w/ Northern Iowa) is obviously their primary receiver at 6’6 230 lbs but the QB Jones looks better than I had expected and WP will have a strong ground game once again anchored by FB Dawson Howell at 6’3 240 lbs.
WP tailbacks both looked nice as well. Not as big as the last few years but they ran hard.

I expect something like 35-14 or 28-14 WP in this one. But who knows..? That’s why we play the game.

I won’t be attending, I’ll be out in SCA land watching a week 1 matchup there but I’ll watch the stream over the weekend I’m sure.

Reactions: thetophat2021
200w.gif

Since maxpreps & MSHSAA have started keeping track, West Plains and Bolivar have met 7 times with the Zizzers leading the series 5-2.
West Plains has won the last 3 meetings by a combined score of 117-14 including a 45-0 shutout in last years Class 4 district title matchup on their way to the programs first semifinal appearance since 1969 and first quarterfinal win ever.
Bolivar has a new coach this year in Jamie LaSalle who has been successful just about everywhere he’s went.
This game will be played @ Bolivar. The last time the Zizzers traveled to Bolivar, the Z handed the Liberators a 56-7 drubbing @ SBU in a regular season matchup in 2021.

Coach Wyatt and the Zizzers were victorious in both clashes with Bolivar last year.

I’ll give WP the edge on this one. I went to their jamboree, I still think they have some work to do with their O Line, but that will come.
Their skill players are better than I expected with as much as they graduated.
Hughston(signed w/ Northern Iowa) is obviously their primary receiver at 6’6 230 lbs but the QB Jones looks better than I had expected and WP will have a strong ground game once again anchored by FB Dawson Howell at 6’3 240 lbs.
WP tailbacks both looked nice as well. Not as big as the last few years but they ran hard.

I expect something like 35-14 or 28-14 WP in this one. But who knows..? That’s why we play the game.

I won’t be attending, I’ll be out in SCA land watching a week 1 matchup there but I’ll watch the stream over the weekend I’m sure.
Hmmmm cannot find a good SCA matchup this week. Family etc down that way starting to call WP the BOLTS. Have you heard this one?

• Wow
Reactions: Cards1968
New coach at Bolivar with good record and plenty of experience in smaller schools. Will be interesting to see what he gets done.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Hmmmm cannot find a good SCA matchup this week. Family etc down that way starting to call WP the BOLTS. Have you heard this one?
I’ll be at the Harrisburg @ Cabool game. Was a close one last year.
Cabool brings back both their RBs. One was 1,600+ last year and the other was 800+.
It’ll be the first time I’ve seen Cabool play since Spittler took over and turned things around there.

I believe one of the new team mottos is “Bolt Up”. I’ve seen t shirts and some stuff on the football Facebook page.

Haven’t heard anyone refer to them as “the Bolts” though.

But I am very glad that they brought back the lightning bolt on the helmet finally. I don’t think they ever should have went away from that personally.

From what I have heard and seen WP is better than I expected. But I expect this one to be a good one. New Bolivar coach is a good one and they have some good returning players. I am thinking like a 35-34 game either way.

Never heard them called The Bolts. That would be extremely lame. They have used Bolt up as a catch phrase.

Chaotic, speaking of Cabool I have heard their really good RB is struggling with some injuries. You heard anything on this?

Liberty and Strafford would be the SCA team/game I would want to see this week if I was picking.

From what I have heard and seen WP is better than I expected. But I expect this one to be a good one. New Bolivar coach is a good one and they have some good returning players. I am thinking like a 35-34 game either way.

Never heard them called The Bolts. That would be extremely lame. They have used Bolt up as a catch phrase.

Chaotic, speaking of Cabool I have heard their really good RB is struggling with some injuries. You heard anything on this?

Liberty and Strafford would be the SCA team/game I would want to see this week if I was picking.
I know they’ve been having an injury issue with one of their guys, but I’m not sure which one honestly. With Harrisburg and Skyline to start the season, I’m sure they’ll be able to keep whoever it is, healthy.
Harrisburg graduated A LOT to my understanding
And skyline is not the skyline we’ve grown accustomed to over the years

Going, just like last year, to Kearney's first three games. Tomorrow at 8 PM home vs. Platte County. Not expecting this one to be like yours, though.
I’m going to Harrisburg @ Cabool on Friday
MG @ FG on Saturday and then sometime over the weekend I’ll watch WP @ Bolivar online.

I’ll be cheering Fair Grove on for the record. Idk if I could ever bring myself to root for Mtn Grove lol.

I think the favorites this year are Liberty and Ava. Grove will be in the mix but I think the champ for the SCA will be the Eagles or the Bears.
Best QB in the conference is Liberty QB and Ava probably has the best backfield.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Yeah I would say Ava is the slight favorite right now. Liberty really close for 2nd. Then Grove and Thayer next. Heard Thayer looked pretty good at the Jam.

Yeah I would say Ava is the slight favorite right now. Liberty really close for 2nd. Then Grove and Thayer next. Heard Thayer looked pretty good at the Jam.
Thayers got some athletes out that didn’t play last year and that’s all it takes is a couple guys and it can change everything for a team.

Not too bad, was pretty close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT