ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joseph and Missouri Western to host Football State Championships

Look at the press release... St Joe was approached by MSHSAA in December to bid after the first bidding process in which not a single NCAA program in the state applied.... Mizzou was NOT going to host with the 12 team playoff.. MSU, SEMO, MoST, MO Southern, UCM, Northwest, Truman, LIndenwood, or Missouri Western, William Jewell bid the first time. MSHSAA had to go find a partner this time. NCAA playoffs are the reason it can't be centrally located. I would not be surprised if Missouri Western doesn't have a clause to escape if they do host a NCAA playoff game. Home field with that many dollars on the line, it makes sense. The Dome is a no-go due to the Motocross. Jefferson City HS bid, and it is a wonderful state track experience, but horrible bleacher set up for a state football games. The only other option would be NAIA locations and Large HS stadiums or multiple locations like Kansas. MSHSAA worked their tail off to make the one site location happen... Kudos to them.

Springfield is centrally located? Get the maps back out...
Maps are Fact. Not up for debate.
missouri-5bfd8d.jpg

Springfield "somewhat" centrally located? Should have had it at Truman since it is centrally located as well.

Only problem with that is that you have a very high chance of the great "public" school of Blair Oaks having a home game
Hey it's MSHSAA.

Blair Oaks needs to get with the program and get an admin on the Board of Directors and a coach on the football committee.

J/K: that shouldn't be allowed.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
I was just about to post this.

I can’t believe they’re having it in St Joe of all places. I can’t imagine they will have the lodging to accommodate. Not to mention it’s the least centrally located venue they’ve used to host it in awhile.
I hope they play inside that new practice facility as cold as it will be in December there! I bet numbers will be way down in attendance.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
MO State is not centrally located. Ask Clark County if they think it is.
And it would still be closer for Clark County to go to MO State than it is for Hillsboro, Park Hills Central and Valle to go to St. Joe. All 3 of which played in the title games last year.

All this talk is proof that Missouri has indeed become the "Show-Me Disappointment" State. No one seems capable of developing a decent facility. Even the Chiefs want to go to Kansas. When your only alternative is Kansas.... smh. And yet, we were the state that also actually lost access to it's STATE TAXPAYER-funded dome that hosted the games in a climate-controlled environment.

And yes on the parking craziness at games. Carthage had a wonderful opportunity with their new high school and nice stadium, but they engineered the worst parking lot possible. It only has outlets on one side, although there are side streets adjoining. However, it could be okay if folks in that town actually knew how to zipper merge. They don't.

And yes, I agree on Jeff City... if they could tweak a facility as necessary, they'd be a decent host town. It is literally in the middle, and the stadiums could have that small town, big crowd feel. Maybe someday...

And it would still be closer for Clark County to go to MO State than it is for Hillsboro, Park Hills Central and Valle to go to St. Joe. All 3 of which played in the title games last year.
Again:

5 hours for valle to go to St. Joe.

pierce city laughs at 10 hour round trips. They do that as a warmup in districts

Again:

5 hours for valle to go to St. Joe.

pierce city laughs at 10 hour round trips. They do that as a warmup in districts
P.S. Valle literally always hosts Semi games so they could use the miles.

Since 2011, Valle has been involved in 9 semis and hosted each one.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoopsTournament
Springfield "somewhat" centrally located? Should have had it at Truman since it is centrally located as well.
I guess I should've been more clear that it is more centrally located by travel. Realistically, the longest trip for a school to Springfield is going to be 4.5 hours. The two most populated cities in the state are 2.5 and 3.5 hours away. Any school in the STL region is now 4-4.5 hours away. Imagine when Jackson went to back to back state title games, that's a 6 hour trip. Hayti would've been 7. No team would have to travel near that far to get to Springfield.

I think in the last 10 years, there would've been 7 teams that traveled farther than 4 hours if the games were in Springfield. With the farthest being 4.5 hours.

This is specifically about 11 man.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
Big question: Who put in bids to MSHSAA. If you do not put a bid in, you will not be considered.

Big question: Who put in bids to MSHSAA. If you do not put a bid in, you will not be considered.
According to MLCcoach up above, MSHSAA approached St Joe.

" St Joe was approached by MSHSAA in December to bid after the first bidding process in which not a single NCAA program in the state applied.... Mizzou was NOT going to host with the 12 team playoff..

Lincoln use to be a great stadium. Could do it like they use to do in Idaho. Both teams in state championship played at a college close to them. We usually played at Idaho State. If you were to the north you played at university of Idaho. Some played at Boise State but it was not a dome and most wanted to play in a dome.

About 7 min closer for Hillsboro and 35 minutes closer for the other 2. Springfield is not centrally located. Neither is St. Joe, but you act like MSHSAA has ever concerned themselves with travel time or location.

I guess I should've been more clear that it is more centrally located by travel. Realistically, the longest trip for a school to Springfield is going to be 4.5 hours. The two most populated cities in the state are 2.5 and 3.5 hours away. Any school in the STL region is now 4-4.5 hours away. Imagine when Jackson went to back to back state title games, that's a 6 hour trip. Hayti would've been 7. No team would have to travel near that far to get to Springfield.

I think in the last 10 years, there would've been 7 teams that traveled farther than 4 hours if the games were in Springfield. With the farthest being 4.5 hours.

This is specifically about 11 man.
If Springfield is somewhat centrally located then I should never hear Springfield area school complain about location or travel ever again.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT