ADVERTISEMENT

Smithville at Kearney part deux for all the marbles

Hey Bosko you really ARE losing weight! Didn't know you were that good of a shot, though.............
That is NOT ME!!! I added that GIF for the SOLE purpose of adding HUMOR!!! NICE TRY BOZO!
DAYAM Sheldon ! What size are those pants ? 🐖🐖🐖
That is obviously NOT ME. Actually that looks like @HomeyR! HA! NICE TRY!! Speaking of @HomeyR I have NO IDEA what size of pants that man is wearing because, it IS NOT ME!!!!

Reactions: shoot90draw
That CLOWN @HomeyR does that enough already! This place isnt big enough for TWO CLOWNS!!
tumblr_osyb6e3xl61rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Hard stop. Let's get back to the game! Again my bad, folks. I should know better.

Again, previous result fairly meaningless.

1) it was many weeks ago.
2) K only had a total four carries by their #1 and #2 RBs because of injury/issues. That required them to move #14 as a tail, preventing him from being a TE and blocking.
3) Smithville has probably had time to work on the kicking game since then.
4) Smithville had a group on the O line that were new, now they have had a whole season of practicing together.
5) Likewise, K has a lot of underclassmen that started on D at various positions, that now have had an entire season to get better since week 3.
6) Keys is TOP for K. Their scoring efficiency per minute is much better that Smithville was in game 1. But they made a lot of mistakes, gave up the ball, and had too many three-and-outs in the first half. Ball control.
7) Smithville dominated the run game the first time. Could move the ball, but the only score they put up in the 1H was a broken defensive play with some 2s on the field. No 2s will be on the field this week.
8) Passing game: Kearney won the passing game the first game--only because they did it 1/3 as much as Smithville. It is tempting to throw vs Kearney, but remember, there are four all-state track athletes there, and they have averaged a pick a game. Some games two picks. So take a risk?

Reactions: thetophat2021
I wonder how big a factor the cold will be vis-a-vis TACKLING this Friday? It seems, again from the stands view, this is an issue especially when it has been mild all season and we suddenly flip to this situation.

I wonder how big a factor the cold will be vis-a-vis TACKLING this Friday? It seems, again from the stands view, this is an issue especially when it has been mild all season and we suddenly flip to this situation.
Looks to be in the mid 20's-low 30's, at least in my part of the state. Unless there is also a lot of precipitation or wind, that's just not that big of a deal. Should be expected this time of year. Not extreme enough to alter the game.

Looks to be in the mid 20's-low 30's, at least in my part of the state. Unless there is also a lot of precipitation or wind, that's just not that big of a deal. Should be expected this time of year. Not extreme enough to alter the game.
With everything on the line and the adrenaline pumping you could be right it is just such a crazy fall kinda reminds me of 2017 when I didn't even wear a jacket all season then BAM the Lafayette playoff game was bundle up big time and that tackling issue seemed to be in play but maybe it was just a case of a pair of teams not playing particularly well.

I would agree. Both groups of kids will be amped up for this one. The only cold kids on the field will be the ones on the sidelines who are only there to be apart of the team. The kids doing the heavy lifting will be unaffected by the weather. At least that is my guess

So feed him the ball 36 times Friday night KTown wins 70-0 deal!

Well, the first game he had 10 touches and 2 TDs on Smithville, so maybe ratchet that down a bit? That is a 1 out of 5 ratio. That's some Tony Van Zant sh*t

Well, the first game he had 10 touches and 2 TDs on Smithville, so maybe ratchet that down a bit? That is a 1 out of 5 ratio. That's some Tony Van Zant sh*t
As you know I was being totally facetious. Also interested to see if Hedgecorth has some Mahomes magic in him given I "think" Smithville has improved that passing game.

Why yes, my good man. The Democrats proclaimed this is a "vote to save democracy." Well, I say this is a vote to save our way of life. The economic destruction of Biden and his cadre of leftists in two years has been remarkable. He's done more damage than any walking mummy I ever saw portrayed in a cheap "B" thriller on Saturday morning. The red wave that will hit in tonight's results will no doubt be a harsh rebuke of this nonsense.
I have not followed any election results except for MO and KS. Was there a red wave on Tuesday?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Was there a red wave on Tuesday? Will there be a purple and gold wave or a green and white wave on Friday?
Tossup. This could, as stated in my original text, swing any number of ways. Heart says KTown head still says SVille because of all that championship experience. Less than 48 hrs. til we find out..............

Tossup. This could, as stated in my original text, swing any number of ways. Heart says KTown head still says SVille because of all that championship experience. Less than 48 hrs. til we find out.............
All that can be known for sure is this will most likely be an "instant classic". Per some social media posts on other sites it seems that Kearney may have some kids that are still recovering from last week. Having said that, I would imagine that SVille does as well. Also not sure how much credit I would give to those said social media posts. If this isn't a game for the record books I will be surprised. Hate the cold but probably going to make it for this one

Reactions: thetophat2021
All that can be known for sure is this will most likely be an "instant classic". Per some social media posts on other sites it seems that Kearney may have some kids that are still recovering from last week. Having said that, I would imagine that SVille does as well. Also not sure how much credit I would give to those said social media posts. If this isn't a game for the record books I will be surprised. Hate the cold but probably going to make it for this one
I don't ever read any of that social media (Twitter, FB in particular). Again this is year ONE of the new HC anything K does is pure gravy. Hint that won't be the case next year when they are likely a strong favorite in C4 and could move to C5 and still be one in 2023.

Not a social media thing really, but I know a lot of old refs that don't want to deal with the Smithville coach.
Good refs control that. If he's that bad, especially in a huge game, a pen or two will control it. Funny I literally have NEVER heard anyone say this about Ambroson.............

Good refs control that. If he's that bad, especially in a huge game, a pen or two will control it. Funny I literally have NEVER heard anyone say this about Ambroson.............

I will leave this here, just in case:

MSHSAA
Respectful Communication Between Coaches and Game Officials
If the primary mission of high school football was to win state championships then, by design, 99 percent of all teams would
never fulfill the goal. If winning games was the primary goal then, for sure, 50 percent of teams would never be fulfilling the goal. All
NFHS sports rules books include a “Mission Statement” (Appendix A in the NFHS Football Rules Book) that clearly states the
primary goals as promoting “leadership, respect, integrity and sportsmanship.” To that end, coaches and game officials should always
be communicating with each other in a manner that models such behaviors for the student-athletes. Guidelines to model such Page 92
communication is always included as Appendix F (for Coaches) and Appendix G (for Officials) in the NFHS Football Rules Book.

NFHS Football Rule 9-8-1 states that it is unsportsmanlike conduct and thereby clearly illegal for any non-player (coach) to “attempt
to influence a decision by a game official
l” such as screaming for holding by a defensive coach over and over, or consistently asking for a pass interference call by an
offensive coach. The rule further defines that it is unsportsmanlike conduct to “indicate an objection to a game official’s decision.”

While it is likely not appropriate to be calling such a foul unless it is an extreme case, game officials and coaches need to keep in mind
that young student-athletes are watching their every move. If a coach disagrees with a decision, he or she should be requesting a
“conference time-out” and respectfully presenting his or her case. Note that this procedure calls for both coach and game officials to
discuss any disagreement specifically “in front of the team bench” (as a learning opportunity for players to see how adults respectfully
speak with other adults) as opposed to some secret screaming session in the middle of the field. If they are not sure enough about their
position to risk a time-out, then they need to abide by NFHS Football Rule 9-8-1

I will leave this here, just in case:

MSHSAA
Respectful Communication Between Coaches and Game Officials
If the primary mission of high school football was to win state championships then, by design, 99 percent of all teams would
never fulfill the goal. If winning games was the primary goal then, for sure, 50 percent of teams would never be fulfilling the goal. All
NFHS sports rules books include a “Mission Statement” (Appendix A in the NFHS Football Rules Book) that clearly states the
primary goals as promoting “leadership, respect, integrity and sportsmanship.” To that end, coaches and game officials should always
be communicating with each other in a manner that models such behaviors for the student-athletes. Guidelines to model such Page 92
communication is always included as Appendix F (for Coaches) and Appendix G (for Officials) in the NFHS Football Rules Book.

NFHS Football Rule 9-8-1 states that it is unsportsmanlike conduct and thereby clearly illegal for any non-player (coach) to “attempt
to influence a decision by a game official
l” such as screaming for holding by a defensive coach over and over, or consistently asking for a pass interference call by an
offensive coach. The rule further defines that it is unsportsmanlike conduct to “indicate an objection to a game official’s decision.”

While it is likely not appropriate to be calling such a foul unless it is an extreme case, game officials and coaches need to keep in mind
that young student-athletes are watching their every move. If a coach disagrees with a decision, he or she should be requesting a
“conference time-out” and respectfully presenting his or her case. Note that this procedure calls for both coach and game officials to
discuss any disagreement specifically “in front of the team bench” (as a learning opportunity for players to see how adults respectfully
speak with other adults) as opposed to some secret screaming session in the middle of the field. If they are not sure enough about their
position to risk a time-out, then they need to abide by NFHS Football Rule 9-8-1
Do you leave this account logged in on a laptop by your desk or do you 'old school' it and log into your other account manually each time that one posts?

• Wow
Reactions: HomeyR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT