ADVERTISEMENT

Show-Me Showdown Attendance Streaks

nwhoopsfan

Jan 21, 2006
I'm just one of many people who travel to the Show-Me Showdown each year to watch some great games. Obviously I was dissappointed this year to not be able to attend for the first time in over 28 years. I first went in 1988 and went again in 1989. I missed two years and then went again in 1992. I haven't missed a year since, until now.

I saw that Dogfather posted he has attended every year since 1987.

How long were some other streaks?

Did any of you get lucky enough to have your team there this year, and you were able to get one of the 150 cherished tickets to keep your streak alive?

I've attended at least 1 session every year beginning in 1978 (go North Shelby Lady Raiders!) with the exception of '84 (out of town), '89-'91 (never considered going to Springfield, went to Big 8 tourney, watched TV college hoops),'18 (woke up sick the day I was going) and '20 (planned to go both Saturdays).

I've lived in Columbia for 40 years, so going to Hearnes and Mizzou Arena was easy. I usually went to a LOT of games. I believe my record is 2006, out of 40 possible games, I attended 36 complete games, half of 3 games, and skipped the last game of the 2nd weekend (back when 3rd place games were played after the title games. Oh, and I believe Dogfather and the Silver Fox ate Saturday breakfast at our house one of those weekends.

Lots of fun, lots of friends, lots of nachos and large sodas.

Reactions: Deer85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT