ADVERTISEMENT

Open Boys Basketball Head Coaching Jobs

Not that most care about such things, but that gym is one of the best in SWMO.

Mtn. Grove has gone 40-64 since their great run between '15-'18 (87-11 - 3rd in '18, 4th in '17 & 3rd in '16).

Reactions: jac57
Where is the Camdenton Coach going?
Camdenton has to be one of the most thankless jobs in the state. You have a beautiful facility and the resources but you are an after thought at the school and the community. Hard conference as well. Football team has 2 radio stations and tv station does every single on their games. Basketball team is lucky to get a game on any of the local stations and they normally have to play one of the other Lake schools or Lebanon to get that. The 3 Tri-County schools at the Lake get a ton of pub for basketball. Heck even the little Class 1 schools get as much coverage as Camdenton. True redhead step sister job if there is one in the state.

Camdenton has to be one of the most thankless jobs in the state. You have a beautiful facility and the resources but you are an after thought at the school and the community. Hard conference as well. Football team has 2 radio stations and tv station does every single on their games. Basketball team is lucky to get a game on any of the local stations and they normally have to play one of the other Lake schools or Lebanon to get that. The 3 Tri-County schools at the Lake get a ton of pub for basketball. Heck even the little Class 1 schools get as much coverage as Camdenton. True redhead step sister job if there is one in the state.
Huh?

i think I might be confused.

What does the amount of media coverage have to do with anything? Here’s a fact — more coverage wouldn’t improve the results. It would only make more people more aware of the results.

Be careful what you wish for … the last thing most struggling programs want is to be under the microscope.

Huh?

i think I might be confused.

What does the amount of media coverage have to do with anything? Here’s a fact — more coverage wouldn’t improve the results. It would only make more people more aware of the results.

Be careful what you wish for … the last thing most struggling programs want is to be under the microscope.
My point is its an afterthought program in its own school and community that's buried behind the football program.

um....does Camdenton have a youth basketball program up and going? They've had some decent teams (16-12 in '18-'19, 14-12 in '14-'15, 14-14 in '13-'14, 16-8 in '10-'11), so it's not a hopeless situation. If they hire the right person and the whole community is willing to work their butts off, they could be decent most years.

When the Future Falcons program went down the toilet about 6 years ago, I knew Glendale would be in trouble and sure enough, we're 48-53 the last four years and will probably be 18-42 the next two years.

Why did Future Falcons go down the toilet? The worker bees retired and nobody picked it up? Or was it more of a "everybody do their own travel team" thing?

Kevin Baker (who was the 8th grade coach at Pershing Middle School and officially/unofficially ran the Future Falcons deal) left the area when his one son started playing college ball up in the St. Louis area and it just died.

Basically, the Glendale Boys Basketball Program that existed from 1963 until about 2012 is dead. We're going to be a lot more like Parkview, Hillcrest, and Central have been over the decades than what Glendale was for about 50 years. If we're lucky enough to have some talent, we'll win a little here and there, but mostly it looks like we're going to be the fifth or fourth "best" program in the city from now on and for MANY MANY years to come. That's why, after 26 years, I think I'm done. I have NO DESIRE to see Glendale go 3-23 or 6-20 or whatever. I've got better things to do with my time and I'm going to do them!

Reactions: da bears 25
Kevin Baker (who was the 8th grade coach at Pershing Middle School and officially/unofficially ran the Future Falcons deal) left the area when his one son started playing college ball up in the St. Louis area and it just died.

Basically, the Glendale Boys Basketball Program that existed from 1963 until about 2012 is dead. We're going to be a lot more like Parkview, Hillcrest, and Central have been over the decades than what Glendale was for about 50 years. If we're lucky enough to have some talent, we'll win a little here and there, but mostly it looks like we're going to be the fifth or fourth "best" program in the city from now on and for MANY MANY years to come. That's why, after 26 years, I think I'm done. I have NO DESIRE to see Glendale go 3-23 or 6-20 or whatever. I've got better things to do with my time and I'm going to do them!

Coach Baker is one of the greatest basketball teachers I have ever been around. At any level. I've heard his classroom teaching skills matched. I was extremely fortunate to spend time around Coach Baker early in my career. Those types of guys don't grow on trees. Sad for the program that he doesn't do it anymore.

um....does Camdenton have a youth basketball program up and going?

If they hire the right person and the whole community is willing to work their butts off, they could be decent most years.

You've hit the nail on the head. That's the key to consistency most anywhere, but it's paramount there. That and getting, and keeping, the kids out that need to be out. The community and the district have to be willing to support the program, but the person in charge of the program has to be willing to work their butt off too. And that's almost a chicken and egg debate there over the years. Problem is, they've had some good people willing to work but the roadblocks were ridiculous. And they've had some just willing to live the lake life, put in time, and get the results the available talent gets them. I don't know if they'll ever get it right, but I hope they do one day. When the HC, school district, and community get on one page with the commitment it will be something they can all be proud of.

msubearssuperfan before you put down Hillcrest basketball maybe Glendale should win a state championship in basketball. I am pretty sure Hillcrest has 2 state championships and Glendale has zero.

Didn't Baker also run/coach the girls Future Falcons?

Any word on a new Glendale girls coach yet?

msubearssuperfan before you put down Hillcrest basketball maybe Glendale should win a state championship in basketball. I am pretty sure Hillcrest has 2 state championships and Glendale has zero.

You don't have to tell me about that. Trust me, there isn't a single person on this planet more aware of Glendale's empty trophy case than myself.

As far as Hillcest goes (and the other schools listed) I was talking about overall W-L records, not post-season success. Glendale holds a commanding 79-40 lead over Hillcrest all-time. Hillcrest has had 24 losing seasons versus only four for Glendale.

Have no connections whatsoever with Hillcrest but I am pretty sure Hillcrest would rather have the 2 state championships vs a somewhat irrelevant regular season won-loss stat

Hillcrest does have 2 more state titles then Glendale......they won them with a Glendale castoff and the biggest waste of talent in the history of sw Missouri

Reactions: FOURPLAY
Hillcrest does have 2 more state titles then Glendale......they won them with a Glendale castoff and the biggest waste of talent in the history of sw Missouri
lying-coming.gif

Didn't Baker also run/coach the girls Future Falcons?

Any word on a new Glendale girls coach yet?
Yes he did. He was an "old school" guy, but kids responded to him. No matter what their gender was. I asked him about it one time and he said something like "I don't discriminate when it comes to butt chewings" lol.

Only three Hillcrest players scored in that state championship victory of Oakville...two of them started their careers at Glendale. That's right up there with Deven Mitchell going to Pershing, yet playing at Kickapoo.

Only three Hillcrest players scored in that state championship victory of Oakville...two of them started their careers at Glendale. That's right up there with Deven Mitchell going to Pershing, yet playing at Kickapoo.
I thought in Springfield you couldn't switch schools after you started high school?

I thought in Springfield you couldn't switch schools after you started high school?

Nope. Thomas Whittaker transferred from Glendale to Hillcrest as a senior. The coaching staff wanted to check the box that it was being done for athletic reasons, but they were told not to. Trey Starks also transferred as a senior. I believe a hardship waiver was granted in his case. Taylor Sade's family actually moved to the Hillcrest attendance area.

Reactions: AC100
Is the MO Teaching Job site down? I been trying to look to see if any new jobs been posted and I cant get the site to load

It's not down but trying to get on the site brings up a security alert. There's a way to bypass that and get to the site though. Nothing really new on there as far as basketball jobs in the past week or two

I had just heard that they offered the job out. Don't know who to. Branson is just assumption that they are on a similar timeline with applications and interviews.

Trey Starks played at Central, Glendale, and transferred to Hillcrest in January of his Senior year, after being dismissed from the Glendale team for a rules violation. Hard to understand the validity of that hardship.

Heard they offered it to the guy from Catholic but he turned it down, then another guy turned it down from out of the area. Supposedly the third guy they offered it to has accepted it.
Out of area guy from Wichita?

Job openings have been updated. If there are any additional job openings or hirings please reply to this post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT