ADVERTISEMENT

Open Boys Basketball Head Coaching Jobs

Well unless they get some transfers Catholic won't be very good next year. Of course they may get a few transfers now.

Reactions: da bears 25
I'll put in my wooden nickel's worth here...

Poo/Nixa

Ozark/Republic

Parkview

Willard/Glendale/Branson

Central/Hillcrest

Not a huge difference between Parkview, Willard/Glendale/Branson, Central/Hillcrest. Their talent level runs in cycles and they are basically interchangeable depending on that talent level at a given time. The first four teams listed have talent every single year, seems like

Ranking the jobs in the Ozark Conference and COC would be interesting …

Ranking the jobs in the Ozark Conference and COC would be interesting …
I'll give it my best shot. Think it's all about perspective obviously. I'm going to factor everything, and not just hoops. Some stuff off the top of my head...location, pay, facilities, the district itself (I'll be the first to admit, I'd want not much to do with SPS), building demographics, reputation...you get it, not just the basketball part itself.

1. Nixa
  2. Ozark
  3. Republic
  4. Kickapoo (I feel like they're a little insulated from the SPS garbage)
  5. Willard
  6. Branson
  7. Bolivar
  8. Waynesville
  9. Camdenton
  10. Webb City
  11. Carthage
  12. Joplin
  13. Glendale
  14. Parkview
  15. Rolla
  16. Lebanon
  17. West Plains
  18. Hillcrest
  19. CJ
  20. Neosho
  21. Central
For me, it gets a little messy about halfway through or so. I feel like top 7 were somewhat easy, then next handful got tough, and then the last handful or so were almost toss ups.

That is correct, his brother is also the Supt. there as well.
Thanks Trim, I didn't know what David was doing besides coaching. Between them they may wear the gym floor out running up and down in Delta. Toby said their dad lives near there, Chaffee I think, and now they can both be around to help him out.

Reactions: Trim78
Thanks Trim, I didn't know what David was doing besides coaching. Between them they may wear the gym floor out running up and down in Delta. Toby said their dad lives near there, Chaffee I think, and now they can both be around to help him out.
Fun times ahead for Delta Basketball fans!

I thought maybe diamonds coach got the Lamar job? Diamond posted about a week ago, and I heard he use to be an assistant there?

Hillsboro job is open.
UPDATED 05/04/2022 at 7:47 am

Here is what I know (per MoTeaching):
Billings (Opened again according to MoTeaching on 04/04)
Bradleyville
Brookfield
Cassville
Cole County (Russleville)
Delta
Fair Play
Green City
Greenfield
Henry County
Humansville
Jackson
Kennett
Knob Noster
La Monte
Lamar
Laquey
Lee's Summit North
Lesterville
Lincoln College Prep
Leeton
Macks Creek
Miller
Moberly
Naylor
Neelyville
New Franklin
Northeast Nodaway Co.
North Shelby
Orrick
Pettis County
Salem
Shelby County
Smith-Cotton
Southland
Stockton
Scott County Central
Trenton
Valley
Viburnum (Iron County)
Winston

Hires:
Alton: Anthony Caruso
Arcadia Valley: David Prater
Ava: Riley Jenkins
Bakersfield: James Denton
Bell City: Luke Bixler
Blue Eye: Trey Patton
Branson: Pete McBride
Camdenton: Daniel Eidson.
Clever: Zach Kleine
Conway (Laclede Co.): Craig Campbell
Crocker: Steve Scholfield
Fordland: John Vickers
Gainesville: Chris Randolph
Hermitage: Matt Mulder
Liberty (KC): Joe Price
Marshfield: John Cherne
Mountain Grove: Nick Openshaw
Monett: Jeremy Neville
Nixa: Brock Blansit (Retired: Jay Osborne)
Parkview: Jack Simpson
Principia: Jay Blossom
Seneca: Cort Hardy
Springfield Catholic: Jay Osborne
Willard: JJ Adamson

What's the latest in Lamar? Heard the JV Coach from Willard turned it down.

Stockton has hired their principal as HC?!

What's the latest in Lamar? Heard the JV Coach from Willard turned it down.

Stockton has hired their principal as HC?!
Hadn’t heard that about Lamar.

Stockton usually keeps everything pretty close to the cuff. I knew until a couple of weeks they were still looking. Recently talked to a person who said they hired someone but couldn’t remember his name. If it was the principal you would think he would have remembered that. But who knows for sure!

Are they bringing back men's basketball at Jeffco?
I hadn't heard it either. It's going to be D2. Women's are also cutting back to D2. That's not surprising. I wouldn't be surprised to see others go that way. It's all about making money now. You can't do that by handing out full rides. MAC added two D2 soccer teams for that very reason. Giving full rides to kids from all over the world doesn't really benefit the college. Especially in this day of budget problems.

I had heard they might do all that but wasn't sure it if it was true. I wonder if Jeff softball will drop to D-2 also? Region 16 is goin down the tubes, they will be conference games but region games are getting hard to come by. West Plains is adding D-2 softball this fall/spring and baseball next year.

Weren't/aren't the STLCC programs all D2?
Meramec/FloValley/Forest Park; now solely STLCC Archers?.

It was different in different sports until they all got thrown in together. Meramec was really good in baseball and softball for along time in Juco D-1. Their basketball teams were pretty good at times too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT