ADVERTISEMENT

Now that largest classes 4-6 are underway..............

If I remember right, the district seeding means C5 might see Burroughs vs Lutheran St. Charles in the semis. That's probably for the title.

True, and LSC has lost to Lift for Life, Burroughs (double digits) and IWA (not close) this year. I definitely thing Burroughs is the favorite and should be hungry after losing too early last year, but LSC is probably the second best team in C5? Who am I discounting with that assessment? Regardless, I think your original point stands.

As it stands today Class 5 district by district synopsis:

1 - Farmington and Hillsboro heavy favorites to face off for this one. The former, though, lost a number of blowouts and the latter played a very localized schedule.

2 - John Burroughs heavy favorite but darkhorse is Ritter who, like their boys, played a very impressive out of state schedule and did play Burroughs tight the one time they met.

3 - Not a clue except I see no contenders there.

4 - Lutheran St. Charles all the way.

5 - Rolla or Helias Catholic. The former lost to LSC.

6 - Marshfield or West Plains. CJ must have lost pretty much everyone. This region produces outstanding teams I would watch whichever survives.

7 - Going 3 seed St. Teresa's here. Have seen all three contenders actually least impressed with 1 seed RS. Grandview is a hard one to figure.

8 - Platte County or Smithville with a major darkhorse in host Kearney. Yeah I know only 7 wins but they have played a number of good teams tight including both PC and SVille. That being said don't see them beating them both but watch Friday's semi. Extreme hard to say which of the two Hwy 92 favorites survives but don't see anyone here contending for the title.

Last edited:

1 - Farmington and Hillsboro heavy favorites to face off for this one. The former, though, lost a number of blowouts and the latter played a very localized schedule.

2 - John Burroughs heavy favorite but darkhorse is Ritter who, like their boys, played a very impressive out of state schedule and did play Burroughs tight the one time they met.

6 - Marshfield or West Plains. CJ must have lost pretty much everyone. This region produces outstanding teams I would watch whichever survives.

7 - Going 3 seed St. Teresa's here. Have seen all three contenders actually least impressed with 1 seed RS. Grandview is a hard one to figure.

8 - Platte County or Smithville with a major darkhorse in host Kearney. Yeah I know only 7 wins but they have played a number of good teams tight including both PC and SVille. That being said don't see them beating them both but watch Friday's semi. Extreme hard to say which of the two Hwy 92 favorites survives but don't see anyone here contending for the title.
That major D8 darkhorse upsets 21-4 ranked Platte County 37-33! Have said this over the years will again and again NOBODY outcoaches KMO HC Ressler....................on to Monday wow.

Last edited:
True, and LSC has lost to Lift for Life, Burroughs (double digits) and IWA (not close) this year. I definitely thing Burroughs is the favorite and should be hungry after losing too early last year, but LSC is probably the second best team in C5? Who am I discounting with that assessment? Regardless, I think your original point stands.
In the public schools realm I pretty much always suggest looking at SC-SWMO so those would currently be Rolla and Marshfield.

Congrats to very deserving C5 D8 champ Smithville! Ditto Kearney who left it all on that floor just flat ran into a buzzsaw tonight. That Wohlford kid is something special! Up next (as predicted shameless plug LOL) is D7 3 seed St. Teresa's at Smithville for a berth in CoMo.

Attended this one in person was extremely enjoyable and what an atmosphere! Now gotta gear up for a huge DH at Tonka for the Boys C5 and C6 D8 title games!

Final Four prognostications: John Burroughs, Lutheran St. Charles, Marshfield, Smithville.

Final Four prognostications: John Burroughs, Lutheran St. Charles, Marshfield, Smithville.
Class 4: Ursuline Academy (will be a very good one vs. PH Central), Aurora (pure flat out guess), Lift for Life, Chillicothe.

Class 6: Cor Jesu, Kickapoo, IWA, Staley (another potentially very good one vs. perennial power Rock Bridge).

In class 6 Kickapoo will lose the state title game to IWA...a complete joke

Class 4: Ursuline Academy (will be a very good one vs. PH Central), Aurora (pure flat out guess), Lift for Life, Chillicothe.

Class 6: Cor Jesu, Kickapoo, IWA, Staley (another potentially very good one vs. perennial power Rock Bridge).
Aurora has a nice record (25-4) but a look under the hood shows that their schedule has been pretty weak and they got beat by Marshfield by 31. But although they have a VERY good coach, they will have a tough game vs Owensville and the Daniels girls.

Owensville is "only" 21-7 but check out their schedule - St James twice (won one, lost one), Helias (they just beat Rolla, 2 pt loss), Ft Zumwalt West (25-4 record, lost 35-17), Marquette (21-8, lost 47-32), Fatima (21-7, lost 41-31), Lutheran St Charles (24-4, lost 67-37), Montgomery County (22-6, won 56-51), Union (20-8, lost 41-25).

Owensville is far more battle tested than Aurora is but anything can happen in one game

Last edited:
Reactions: thetophat2021
Aurora is a hard team to read. I am very curious how their game with Oville goes. 3 wins in a season over a really taletned Rogersville team is pretty impressive.

Agreed, it's hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. Rogersville was a good team, not a great one.

But Aurora did get trounced by Marshfield (Rogersville only lost to them by 12) and they played some really bad teams so just not sure where they are at compared to Owensville. And of course this has the usual caveat of not knowing if any of their better players didn't play certain games or not.

I plan on watching it on MSHSAA TV so I'm expecting it to be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT