ADVERTISEMENT

NO DRONES IN PLAYOFFS??

OHS_tigers

Jun 25, 2020
This is our first year with a drone, but why are they not allowed in the playoffs but we can use them all season. I know many programs who have replaced their EZ camera with a drone for their replay stuff during a game. Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

This is our first year with a drone, but why are they not allowed in the playoffs but we can use them all season. I know many programs who have replaced their EZ camera with a drone for their replay stuff during a game. Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.
you VILL do VAT VE SAY!

Honestly there is likely a way to stream off the drone and that might cost M$H$AA some dollars off the poor saps that pay to watch.

They may interfere with helmet communications.

They may interfere with helmet communications.
giphy.webp

It is on pg 123 of the MSHSAA handbook. If it is off the grounds it is OK. Over the facility, it is not. Comes down to legal liability. If it goes down during a regular season game and causes injury, the local school is responsible. If it goes down during postseason, MSHSAA becomes part of the lawsuit.
Been to many a small school site where there was enough fire power in the pickups in the parking lot to give somebody the idea to take the annoying buzzing thing down.

It is a completely stupid rule. Either ban them all together or they should be allowed for post season

It is a completely stupid rule. Either ban them all together or they should be allowed for post season
Again, if your local district wants to be responsible then fine. If post system and MSHSAA is involved, and they are involved then think. As a formal administrator, then no, nothing good will happen if something goes wrong in this litigious society.

Again, if your local district wants to be responsible then fine. If post system and MSHSAA is involved, and they are involved then think. As a formal administrator, then no, nothing good will happen if something goes wrong in this litigious society.
It still remains stupid. Then if that is really the issue then just ban them all together.

With all these schools doing this, has there been even the case of a drone coming down in a game much less hurting someone?

It still remains stupid. Then if that is really the issue then just ban them all together.

With all these schools doing this, has there been even the case of a drone coming down in a game much less hurting someone?
I have seen a drone come down in practice and hit a player in the helmet. Speed flex 1 Drone 0.

Not yet. Easy to say when you are not financially or legally responsible which is what you you pay administrators to do for you.
Again, at my school, they could be 20 yards from the field and not on school grounds so no way to stop them. But if I was 10 miles away at another school, I could not get within 200 yards of the field.

Again if it is that big of a risk then just ban them all together. Don't let a team use them all season and then come districts say no.

Again if it is that big of a risk then just ban them all together. Don't let a team use them all season and then come districts say no.

If they're that risk-averse, maybe instead of banning drones, they should ban, oh, I don't know, football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT