ADVERTISEMENT

NIL in basketball?

quadzilla200

Feb 21, 2020
How come we don't here more about NIL in basketball outside the Cooper Flags or Zions. You see basketball players faces I would think there is substantial NIL but all I ever hear about is football.
Also I've noticed football offers tons of GameDay official visits but very rarely do I see high school players post that about basketball?
Maybe I'm a little shortsighted as to basketballs popularity because I live in Big 12 country

Because football carries everything.... its just a matter of time though

Maybe the one and done plays into it. Alumni don't want to dish out as much knowing they are gone in a year? Talent is much tighter for 5v5. No guarantee you can make run at a championship so why spend the money?

How come we don't here more about NIL in basketball outside the Cooper Flags or Zions. You see basketball players faces I would think there is substantial NIL but all I ever hear about is football.
Also I've noticed football offers tons of GameDay official visits but very rarely do I see high school players post that about basketball?
Maybe I'm a little shortsighted as to basketballs popularity because I live in Big 12 country
A friend of mine has a son being recruited heavy by Indiana. He was there for the Kansas game with a bunch of kids Indiana is recruiting.

Maybe the one and done plays into it. Alumni don't want to dish out as much knowing they are gone in a year? Talent is much tighter for 5v5. No guarantee you can make run at a championship so why spend the money?
No. It’s happening. You just don’t hear about it. The going rate for a top 20 kid is 1.5 million a year. And it goes down after that. I just sent a kid D1 last year, low major, and his first check was 40k before he’d set foot on campus. Any honors at all during the year will trigger higher payment next year. And I mean LOW major.

If ain't popular why is it on 10 different tv channels every night and all weekend? And just about every level of basketball is on somewhere.

If ain't popular why is it on 10 different tv channels every night and all weekend? And just about every level of basketball is on somewhere.
Its popular, just not in the same stratosphere as College Football

I think regular season basketball is random days and so many games harder to follow even if you are a loyal fan of a team, and no matter what the match up a regular season game even with two top 10 teams doesn't mean much except possible seeding in the tournament and possibly a conference championship on the line late in the year. Also is harder to gamble on basketball except for March Madness. Much easier with football once a week. Unfortunately that probably plays a big role these day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT