ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Changing who the Powerhouse Programs will be?

quadzilla200

Feb 21, 2020
Wonder how much the alumni's deep pockets at Texas affected Manning's decision. How many millions is he going to make? Better be buying a car or something meaningful for his linemen. I'm sure his uncles will coach him well on that.

I'm really seeing why Saban went nutty last month. Alabama can't compete with their smaller alumni base. Honestly though, it just takes one billionaire at a school to change the recruits they get. Just look at the buyouts these coaches have been getting.
Who do you guys think the new top 5 will be going forward?

I'm curious if the Ivy League schools start to at least be competitive in some sports. Football might be a stretch with the numbers needed, but something like basketball, those rich alumni could easily stack a basketball team now since they don't even do athletic scholarships.

I think USC is back in the national title conversation in short order with their coach and all the entertainment money out there. Nike and Oregon already have a good relationship, but this would open up that door even further. The Texas schools obviously.
I've thought Nebraska would be a big winner all along. It looks like 4-5 star quarterbacks are realizing how much money they could make up there on NIL with that rabid fan base.

Amazing how fast it is changing. I think the money is going to escalate quickly as well in order to keep up with the Joneses. I do wonder how hungry these 18-20 year olds will be for the pros once they've already banked a lot of money when they were making $12-15 an hour. You see it in the pros a lot. Once the big contract gets signed their production drops off.

I will be interested to see what kind of guardrails are put in place and how long it takes to get it done...

The combination of the NIL and transfer portal hitting at roughly the same time has changed everything as we knew it... There is more and more of a movement to make the players employees. If that happens it would take care of a good part of the transfer problems.

I'm not sure how much NIL influenced Arch's decision. I def think it would influence others, but Arch not as much. I think the fact that Sark is an NFL caliber QB coach is probably more likely. Sark was the position coach for a dozen NFL QBs, right?

Things are absolutely gonna be dramatically changed with NIL, and we've already seen what the transfer portal has done. On the other hand though, saying Alabama can't compete is a joke. I'm not giving Saban any mind in regards to those rants, he'll adjust just fine. Players are now getting the same treatment that coaches have gotten for years. The right programs will find ways to get the coaches and players they want. They always have. Plus, regardless of the money up front kids still wanna play and make it to the league. So I think that will continue to create some parity in recruiting

Reactions: footplayer54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT