ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on college sports right now.

hangmanbobbyjaggers

Sep 19, 2011
With the NIL era, coaches leaving and players transferring, just make a 4 week free agency at the end of each school year. All players can talk to whoever they want. Coaches leave for better deals. Players leave now days for better deals. Scholarships are only good for 1 year anyway TBH. Fall sports could start theirs 2 weeks after their season. It would eliminate the portal. In essence everyone would be in the portal every year and free to leave.

With the NIL era, coaches leaving and players transferring, just make a 4 week free agency at the end of each school year. All players can talk to whoever they want. Coaches leave for better deals. Players leave now days for better deals. Scholarships are only good for 1 year anyway TBH. Fall sports could start theirs 2 weeks after their season. It would eliminate the portal. In essence everyone would be in the portal every year and free to leave.
I am surprised that the coaches haven't banded together and wanted to shorten the recruiting period, or lengthen the dead periods. I know they make millions of dollars, but to have another 4 weeks of the year where they can take their kids to school, be home for dinner, etc. would have to be appealing to the coaches. Obv you would have some who say that's how you outwork your opponents.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT