ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff City's legendary Coach Pete Adkins ranks #31 on this list of ALL TIME WINNINGEST COACHES...

Graphic Edge Guy

Oct 24, 2001

31. Pete Adkins​

Pete Adkins was the star of a music video for Grammy Award winner Melissa Etheridge.

Pete Adkins was the star of a music video for Grammy Award winner Melissa Etheridge.NFHS Hall of Fame
W-L record: 405-60-4
Win percentage: .868
Years: 43 seasons (1951-94)
Schools: Centralia High School (Centralia, Missouri), Jefferson City High School (Jefferson City, Missouri)
State titles: 9 (1976, 1977, 1978, 1984, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994)

Bottom Line: Pete Adkins​

Pete Adkins retired in 1994.

Pete Adkins retired in 1994.RodKRCG13/Twitter
Pete Adkins retired after winning his ninth state title at Jefferson City High in 1994.
Even with all of those accomplishments, his fame extends far beyond the football field. He was the star of Grammy-winning musician Melissa Etheridge's music video for the song "Breathe" in 2008.
Adkins, who once guided his team to a 71-game win streak, was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in 2013.

In Their Own Words: Pete Adkins​

Pete Adkins won 405 games and nine state titles.

Pete Adkins won 405 games and nine state titles.jay_football/Twitter
"The bottom line is you got to win." —Pete Adkins, KRCG 13

A singular figure that looms large over the history of high school football in the state of Missouri. If there were to be erected a Mt. Rushmore of Missouri high school football coaches, certainly Mr. Adkins visage would be carved in a prominent position. The remarkable force of will it took for him to birth such a dynastic program, the continued success over three decades, and the influence he exerted among coaches in the state, is of tremendous consequence.

A singular figure that looms large over the history of high school football in the state of Missouri. If there were to be erected a Mt. Rushmore of Missouri high school football coaches, certainly Mr. Adkins visage would be carved in a prominent position. The remarkable force of will it took for him to birth such a dynastic program, the continued success over three decades, and the influence he exerted among coaches in the state, is of tremendous consequence.
You sure do like talking fancy. I feel like if Bosko were here, you would just confuse him.

You sure do like talking fancy. I feel like if Bosko were here, you would just confuse him.
Well, I do admire the brutish charm of Mr. Bosko. His "little chats" as he calls them, are well known among the MoSports community. However, one should be prepared for incoming spittle, should one of those little chats be directed their way. I would suggest bringing along a large napkin or handkerchief. His agitated demeaner can induce panic in the less experienced among us.

Your dramatic post was impressive despite misspelling Buckley. Bahahahahaha

Last edited:
Well, I do admire the brutish charm of Mr. Bosko. His "little chats" as he calls them, are well known among the MoSports community. However, one should be prepared for incoming spittle, should one of those little chats be directed their way. I would suggest bringing along a large napkin or handkerchief. His agitated demeaner can induce panic in the less experienced among us.
This is amazing.

Reactions: shoot90draw

giphy.gif

Just ask Boskos ex wife.

I wonder where Steve Hancock would rank in both Missouri and nationally.
I believe he racked up over 300 wins in his career as the head ball coach at Stockton, Branson, and Springfield Catholic.
He may have coached somewhere before Stockton as a head guy as well. I can’t remember.

He was at Harrisonville before Stockton. He is back at Branson as an assistant. I believe his win total as a head coach is 309. Great Coach and an incredible man.

Reactions: Graphic Edge Guy
I hope Bosko checks in after the summer and sees this

• Haha
Reactions: footplayer54
He was at Harrisonville before Stockton. He is back at Branson as an assistant. I believe his win total as a head coach is 309. Great Coach and an incredible man.
Asst at Harrisonville. Started hc at Stockton in 1977. Went almost 30 yrs wiyhout a losing season. Won district titles in classes 2,3,4,5 during his time as an hc. This yr will be his 51st coaching fb.

Asst at Harrisonville. Started hc at Stockton in 1977. Went almost 30 yrs wiyhout a losing season. Won district titles in classes 2,3,4,5 during his time as an hc. This yr will be his 51st coaching fb.
That is unbelievable to coach 51 years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT