ADVERTISEMENT

Incarnate Word 65, Rock Bridge 41 FINAL

As expected but didn't realize RB was down two guards that made an already monumental task almost impossible. On to tomorrow's final the best public in MO without a doubt (Poo) vs. a National superpower.

I’m hearing reports that a coach at IWA passed away after the game in the parking lot. Conflicting reports as to whether it was Rolfes or not. I know him, and his phone is going to VM and I can’t get a real update. I’ll update as soon as I find out more.

I’m hearing reports that a coach at IWA passed away after the game in the parking lot. Conflicting reports as to whether it was Rolfes or not. I know him, and his phone is going to VM and I can’t get a real update. I’ll update as soon as I find out more.
OH MY GOD please do. PRAYERS...............

He had a heart attack after the game. They thought he was dead but was revived at the hospital after an hour of no breathing. No idea yet how this affects the game tomorrow

Reactions: thetophat2021
How can anyone survive an hour of no breathing?
If the description is more or less accurate, then it would require a combination of CPR and mechanical ventilation. The hour of no breathing could then mean no spontaneous breathing, which isn't the same as an hour without oxygen -- which as you say would be unsurvivable. Such a terrible turn of events and so traumatizing for IWA's team.

4 stents. Thankfully the hospital was across the street. He’s alive. But it’s not good. An awful situation. He’s a great guy. He’s done great things for women’s basketball in the Midwest.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I hope he can recover. Surely he must’ve had some kind of symptoms before this happened

I hope he can recover. Surely he must’ve had some kind of symptoms before this happened
If he had 4 stents (been through this since 1995 with my Dad) it was massive arterial blockage. Those will likely save his life but likely had at least partial irreversible heart damage. My Dad has lived with approximately one quarter of his not functioning since said massive heart attack date...................and he rolls on at 82 so there is always hope! PRAYERS again for this great coach and his family!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT