ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5 rankings

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
This is what I think the rankings are at this point into the season.

1. Helias Catholic(11-1)
Only loss is to Class 6 Hickman(11-1) by 20+ points
They own a 3-point win over Class 5 John Burroughs and a 5-point win over Class 6 Republic which are both solid ranked opponents.

2. Carl Junction(10-1)
Their only loss is a 20+ point loss to SapulpaOK(9-1) who is led by a hall of fame coach and an Oklahoma State signee.
CJ has a 14-point win over Strafford and won the CJ Classic & Lady Mustang Classic and finished 2nd in TOC in NW Arkansas

3. John Burroughs(????)
Have no idea what their record is, MSHSAA schedule is missing about 6-7 games worth of results, same with maxpreps and their are differing results and conflicting information on both.
I know they have a 22-point win over Class 5 ranked Rolla and a 3-point loss to C5#1 Helias

4. West Plains(9-3)
They have 3 losses, all to Class 6 ranked opponents(2 of which were to Nixa)
They have wins over C4#5 Ava and C3#7 Fair Grove. Also just handed a 9-win C6 Glendale team their biggest loss of the year so far.

5. Rolla(9-2)
The lady Bulldogs own a 9-point win over Marshfield, but also have a 22-point loss to Burroughs and a 1-point loss to Jeff City

6. Jefferson City(7-4)
They own a 1-point win over Rolla, but also have a 21-point loss to C6 ranked Republic, a 14-point loss to C6 ranked Kickapoo, an 11-point loss to C6 Hickman and a 25-point loss to Blue Valley North.
From the outside looking in, just seems like a little inconsistent.
They play Nixa, Rock Bridge and Helias in February, that will give us a good read on how they’re playing heading into districts, etc

7. Notre Dame-Cape G(8-0)
Undefeated but haven’t played anyone. They were looking pretty shiny with a high ranking and nice record when they showed up in the Nixa Invitational last year, then they finished 4th, including a 27-point blowout loss to WP.
probably won’t be able to get a good read on this team until the Nixa Invitational again this year.

8. Lutheran-StCharles(?????)
Not much about them on MSHSAA or maxpreps. I know they have a 2-point loss to Rolla and a 6-point loss to Alton(IL)

9. Marshfield(10-4)
All losses are to ranked opponents in C4, C5, & C6

10. (????????) there could be a lot of teams that could have this spot

Opinions Tad or AC?

Marshfield went to OT against Branson last night which isn't great.

Marshfield went to OT against Branson last night which isn't great.
The thing is, there aren’t a lot of “good” teams in Class 5 this year, just my opinion.
So Marshfield being #9 doesn’t mean that they’re “that good” necessarily. I think after the top 6-7 teams, class 5 really thins out

CJs loss was without Kylie Scott but I am not sure she changes the outcome. CJ plays Republic and Nixa this week. If they somehow win both games they basically win the COC by this Thursday.

key matchups remaining for WP:

1/14 @ Marshfield (have a feeling this will be a much different outcome than before)

1/19-1/21- Nixa Invitational
I know Notre Dame & Nixa will be in this tournament.
Always a high level of competition. Will probably be the best competition they see til the playoffs with the exception of maybe Kickapoo
2/2 @ Kickapoo

2/13 vs Rolla

2/20 @ Bolivar (last game before districts and Bolivar isn’t a “bad” team)

Either Bolivar or Webb will be the 2 seed in CJs district. Probably Webb with that 6'5 girl.

CJ would get JB on the semis. CJ plays the winner of district 8 in the quarters and as of now no ranked teams in district 8.

I do know that JB lost to IWA by a ton. That isn't a knock. Every team in class 5 would.

I do know that JB lost to IWA by a ton. That isn't a knock. Every team in class 5 would.
I don’t have much to go off of with them.
I’m going to guess that when they play to their potential, they are GOOD. But when they don’t, they’re very beatable.

They're good, but as Helias proved they can be beat. They probably have the best 3 point shooter in country at the moment in Allie Turner. Her 3 point numbers are borderline unbelievable.

Her last two games only have in the the 3PM and not the 3PA, so that's skewing it. However, take out those two games and it's 46 for 78 (59.0%). No reason to believe it's not accurate, she can shoot.

• Haha
Reactions: TadQueasy
so you can see that they have not put in stats correctly and yet there is no reason to believe it is not accurate? lol ok

Yes, because you could tell the stats for those games were incomplete, most likely entered by the opponent, as opposed to the rest of the games. Either way they're in now, 59.6%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT