ADVERTISEMENT

Class 4

HBL Pirates fan_1990

Oct 18, 2017
we're midway through the season and they're alot of unknowns during the first 5 weeks. If you are from the area and can provide any insight on 6-10 please do.

the top 4 has the best chance to make it to state, i see no one else in the rankings to contend to the top 4

1. Smithville (5-0) One of the top teams in C4 and will make a long run in the playoffs,i see no one beating them in their district or anyone in D7. They will go undefeated in the regular season.

2. West Plains (5-0) has the best player in Class 4 with Conner Lair. Will this the year West Plains go all the way to the State Championship game. will go undefeated or possibly Lose a game against Lebanon.

3 MICDS (5-0) last year Runner up is as good as last year. They have around 6 returning starters on each side of the ball. they have a Great QB and Receivers. They have 2 tough opponents in Lutheran North and Chaminade in the next couple weeks. They will go undefeated or lose 1 or 2 games

4. Hannibal (5-0) Plays one of weakest schedule's in C4. They're talent is unreal this season. Sophomore RB Aneyas Williams is something else.he has over 500 Receving and Rushing yds and around 16 tds combined through 5 games. he has offered by Oregon and have 2 D1 schools looking at him. i have seen some weakness in the defensive side of the ball for Hannibal during the season and hope he gets better. they will go undefeated or lose to Columbia Battle in week 9.

5. Union (5-0) Will they go farther than semi's last year. possibly the first best after the top 4

6 Lincoln College Prep (5-0)
7. McCluer (4-1)
8 Vashon (5-0)
9 Warrensburg (3-1)
10 Nevada (4-1)

I think Union can compete with the top 4. They've carried on from their Final 4 run and have looked much better this season by beating every team, albeit with an easy schedule convincingly.

Vashon vs Union will be an interesting match up. I’m still not convinced MICDS bas the defense to beat Smithville, WP or Hannibal, but they can almost score at will. MICDS plays LN this week, that will be a good litmus test IMO.

I still think it’s WP or Smithville who wins it all.

Reactions: 503_Maple
Chaminde isn’t a tough team. Just wanted to throw that out there. Not sure why people think that. They have allowed more then they have scored and have lost to a school half their size. If MICDS is who they seem to be they should beat them easily.

Vashon vs Union will be an interesting match up. I’m still not convinced MICDS bas the defense to beat Smithville, WP or Hannibal, but they can almost score at will. MICDS plays LN this week, that will be a good litmus test IMO.

I still think it’s WP or Smithville who wins it all.
That’s who I got as well.

I think Raytown may have something to say about Smithville going undefeated.

Lincoln Prep is a tough read. They have recruited some good kids there but they really haven't played much competition except maybe Cardinal Ritter. Which they made a nice comeback win in. I think they'll be like last year and stumble in Districts due to their soft schedule. They do play Maryville in a few weeks, so that should be a decent game.

#10 Nevada has been steadily building a solid program for the last several years. A lot of these seniors have started since their sophomore year, and the next three classes have good participation to add depth. Their only mis-step this year has been Lamar, and they could very well win-out their remaining schedule and have a great shot at a district championship. Lincoln Prep and Warrensburg are in their district, but I feel like those three teams are close. Smithville in the qtrs would be a big challenge for any of them.

#10 Nevada has been steadily building a solid program for the last several years. A lot of these seniors have started since their sophomore year, and the next three classes have good participation to add depth. Their only mis-step this year has been Lamar, and they could very well win-out their remaining schedule and have a great shot at a district championship. Lincoln Prep and Warrensburg are in their district, but I feel like those three teams are close. Smithville in the qtrs would be a big challenge for any of them.
Lamar was just better. Mis step was the wrong phrase imo. They won every phase of the game.

Reactions: Keyboard_QB

I still think it’s WP or Smithville who wins it all

Smithville has an achilles heel that I saw in the Kearney game, and it showed up even more in the Platte County game. Their running game is good, above average, but not elite. Thus, they get in third and long situations, then rely on precise passing. Which they can execute--and are really good at--without a doubt. However...what happens if it is freezing rain, windy, cold--in the playoffs? Their WRs are covered. They are not wide open. It is precise passing that is getting them first downs--fades and over the shoulder on a dime. That might not happen in some cold ass playoff weather.

Also, I am sure that WP or Hannibal will have better line play than Smithville has seen so far...and SVs line is by no means dominant.

That being said...you have to score on them. Can any Class 4 team put up TDs on them? Maybe not.

I don’t see MICDS’ defense being able to keep WP, Smithville, or Hannibal out of the endzone enough to win and I also doubt that MICDS is going to have faced the physicality that they will against either of the other 3.

that being said, I still think MICDS is a non factor unless one of the other teams has a season altering injury or something along those lines.

I’m very interested in the potential Quarterfinal matchup between Hannibal and WP.
WP has the best Senior in Class 4 and Hannibal has undoubtedly has the best sophomore

i haven’t watched Hannibal in person since they made it to the dome about 15 years ago or so it would be nice to do so again.

I believe that Union deserves their ranking thus far, but I don’t think they could hold WP, Smithville or Hannibals jock on the field.

As far as the rest of Class 4 goes, who knows? There could be a Cinderella out there. Union came on late last year and didn’t finish too bad.

I don’t see MICDS’ defense being able to keep WP, Smithville, or Hannibal out of the endzone enough to win and I also doubt that MICDS is going to have faced the physicality that they will against either of the other 3.

that being said, I still think MICDS is a non factor unless one of the other teams has a season altering injury or something along those lines.

I’m very interested in the potential Quarterfinal matchup between Hannibal and WP.
WP has the best Senior in Class 4 and Hannibal has undoubtedly has the best sophomore

i haven’t watched Hannibal in person since they made it to the dome about 15 years ago or so it would be nice to do so again.

I believe that Union deserves their ranking thus far, but I don’t think they could hold WP, Smithville or Hannibals jock on the field.

As far as the rest of Class 4 goes, who knows? There could be a Cinderella out there. Union came on late last year and didn’t finish too bad.
I think the physicality assumption is a little off. Playing SLUH, LUtheran North, and Chaminade are big physical teams, but I definitely understand what you are saying, I’m not discounting it.

I think the physicality assumption is a little off. Playing SLUH, LUtheran North, and Chaminade are big physical teams, but I definitely understand what you are saying, I’m not discounting it.
Chaminade allows more points then they score. Have a losing record. STL folks get out of your bubbles. They aren’t good.

@503_Maple How do you know how good teams are from all the far reaching areas of the state...and how do you know how they compare to each other?

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about HS football around the state of Missouri...but I can't back up or make all the claims you do as to how they all compare.

Just curious...are you basing your claims on recent history and rankings like calpreps and maxpreps? Or do you actually watch film on all these teams/

Just wondering...

Reactions: Herman.Boone

@ChaoticFanatic i can't wait for the Quarterfinal matchup West Plains vs Hannibal i think the game should be in Hannibal if i'm right. whoever makes the least mistakes wins the game. here's a one handed catch from Hannibal Sophomore from friday night

P.S i bet everybody don't know this but Hannibal Sophomore cousin is Wentric Williams III from Liberty.

Smithville cursed... Over last 20 years i have seen several games where they were favorites and lose in big games.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Chaminde isn’t a tough team. Just wanted to throw that out there. Not sure why people think that. They have allowed more then they have scored and have lost to a school half their size. If MICDS is who they seem to be they should beat them easily.
That "school half their size" they lost to was Lutheran St. Charles who would beat most Class 4 teams and talent-wise easily top 10.

• Haha
That "school half their size" they lost to was Lutheran St. Charles who would beat most Class 4 teams and talent-wise easily top 10.
Man I wonder what Lamar would do to most of class 4 then?

Please don’t tell me you are stating LSC is a top 10 team in the state.

Last edited:
@503_Maple How do you know how good teams are from all the far reaching areas of the state...and how do you know how they compare to each other?

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about HS football around the state of Missouri...but I can't back up or make all the claims you do as to how they all compare.

Just curious...are you basing your claims on recent history and rankings like calpreps and maxpreps? Or do you actually watch film on all these teams/

Just wondering...
Typically speaking you can see how good a team is based on how they perform. Not everything is how it seems. But I’m pretty sure when I’m talking about Chaminade beating the teams they should and getting stopped by a class two team, and allowing more points than they’ve scored I’m making a fairly good bet.

I understand what you are saying. But even outside weird circumstances like turnovers in a game, or a player being out doesn’t entirely cover a teams overall performance for a season now that we are five weeks in. I have watched high school football for years and you can usually tell these things not only fairly early on, but by doing a little research.

If you really want to know how good a team is there’s tons of games online and you can see any teams stats. Including HUDL. See opponents records, see previous years and schools overall history.

Last edited:
Smithville cursed... Over last 20 years i have seen several games where they were favorites and lose in big games.

I think they can break the curse. Unless they have a game in really bad weather. Or they have a game deciding 4th and 2 and decide on a sweep instead of an inside trap... (See Helias game last year.)

Oh, sweeties, I’d be afraid to bet against Dr. Fred Bouchard. We’d love to have him at Ampipe!

Mrs. Bosko...I know a priest that can perform exorcisms. Just so you don't waste money on marriage counseling, your husband could have one session with Father Guido, and your problems will be gone,

• Angry
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Mrs. Bosko...I know a priest that can perform exorcisms. Just so you don't waste money on marriage counseling, your husband could have one session with Father Guido, and your problems will be gone,
Of course Bosko will have an angry response to this... that is the demon in him coming out.

• Angry
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Oh, sweeties, I’d be afraid to bet against Dr. Fred Bouchard. We’d love to have him at Ampipe!
200w.gif

Reactions: thetophat2021
we're midway through the season and they're alot of unknowns during the first 5 weeks. If you are from the area and can provide any insight on 6-10 please do.

the top 4 has the best chance to make it to state, i see no one else in the rankings to contend to the top 4

1. Smithville (5-0) One of the top teams in C4 and will make a long run in the playoffs,i see no one beating them in their district or anyone in D7. They will go undefeated in the regular season.

2. West Plains (5-0) has the best player in Class 4 with Conner Lair. Will this the year West Plains go all the way to the State Championship game. will go undefeated or possibly Lose a game against Lebanon.

3 MICDS (5-0) last year Runner up is as good as last year. They have around 6 returning starters on each side of the ball. they have a Great QB and Receivers. They have 2 tough opponents in Lutheran North and Chaminade in the next couple weeks. They will go undefeated or lose 1 or 2 games

4. Hannibal (5-0) Plays one of weakest schedule's in C4. They're talent is unreal this season. Sophomore RB Aneyas Williams is something else.he has over 500 Receving and Rushing yds and around 16 tds combined through 5 games. he has offered by Oregon and have 2 D1 schools looking at him. i have seen some weakness in the defensive side of the ball for Hannibal during the season and hope he gets better. they will go undefeated or lose to Columbia Battle in week 9.

5. Union (5-0) Will they go farther than semi's last year. possibly the first best after the top 4

6 Lincoln College Prep (5-0)
7. McCluer (4-1)
8 Vashon (5-0)
9 Warrensburg (3-1)
10 Nevada (4-1)
Time for Lincoln Prep to formally exit the IL. They are very solid but not ready for the top tier of this class. Would love to hear about NEVADA. Been some time since they've been ranked..............

This crew is different trust me. They REALLY needed a game like last week and have an even more challenging one coming next Friday at Raytown.

Chaminade allows more points then they score. Have a losing record. STL folks get out of your bubbles. They aren’t good.
I get that you feel that way. I realize the teams west of STL are so much better.

@ChaoticFanatic i can't wait for the Quarterfinal matchup West Plains vs Hannibal i think the game should be in Hannibal if i'm right. whoever makes the least mistakes wins the game. here's a one handed catch from Hannibal Sophomore from friday night

P.S i bet everybody don't know this but Hannibal Sophomore cousin is Wentric Williams III from Liberty.

You may be right. I’ll go to that game either way.

it would be nice to see WP get to host one though.
they played @ Kirkwood against Ladue in the quarterfinals in 2018 and then played @ Helias in the quarterfinals last year.

West Plains playoff hosting since Maxpreps started tracking

2004: @ North County for Sectionals
2005: hosted Farmington for Sectionals
2007: hosted Festus for Sectionals
2008: @ Festus for Regionals
also 2008: @ Farmington for Sectionals
2010: @ Union(I think) for Regionals
2018: @ Ladue for Quarterfinals
2020: @ Helias for Quarterfinals

You may be right. I’ll go to that game either way.

it would be nice to see WP get to host one though.
they played @ Kirkwood against Ladue in the quarterfinals in 2018 and then played @ Helias in the quarterfinals last year.

West Plains playoff hosting since Maxpreps started tracking

2004: @ North County for Sectionals
2005: hosted Farmington for Sectionals
2007: hosted Festus for Sectionals
2008: @ Festus for Regionals
also 2008: @ Farmington for Sectionals
2010: @ Union(I think) for Regionals
2018: @ Ladue for Quarterfinals
2020: @ Helias for Quarterfinals
giphy.gif

Class 4 strength of schedule...ranked

SchoolSchedule Strength
Carl Junction (MO) . .19
Parkway Central (Chesterfield, MO) . .13.2
Hillcrest (Springfield, MO) . .12.9
Kearney (MO) . .9.6
Marshall (MO) . .6.2
Bolivar (MO) . .4.9
MICDS (St. Louis, MO) . .3.9
Monett (MO) . .3.6
Harrisonville (MO) . .3.4
Hillsboro (MO) . .1.6
Nevada (MO) . .1.4
Smithville (MO) . .0.3
Hannibal (MO) . .0.3
West Plains (MO) . .0.1
McDonald County (Anderson, MO) . .0.1
DeSoto (MO) . .0
Jefferson City (MO) . .-0.1
Sikeston (MO) . .-0.8
Riverview Gardens (St. Louis, MO) . .-0.8
Grandview (MO) . .-2.3
Pacific (MO) . .-4.2
Hazelwood East (St. Louis, MO) . .-4.5
Logan-Rogersville (Rogersville, MO) . .-5.2
McCluer North (Florissant, MO) . .-6.4
Parkway North (St. Louis, MO) . .-7.1
Excelsior Springs (MO) . .-8.7
Warrensburg (MO) . .-9.3
Jennings (MO) . .-9.5
St. Charles (MO) . .-9.6
Union (MO) . .-9.7
Festus (MO) . .-10.7
Marshfield (MO) . .-12.2
Burroughs [John] (St. Louis, MO) . .-13.2
Van Horn (Independence, MO) . .-13.8
Farmington (MO) . .-14.2
Soldan International Studies/Sumner (St. Louis, MO) . .-14.4
Kirksville (MO) . .-14.4
Perryville (MO) . .-15.2
Moberly (MO) . .-15.9
Warrenton (MO) . .-16
St. Dominic (O'Fallon, MO) . .-16.1
Lafayette (St. Joseph, MO) . .-17.2
Winnetonka (Kansas City, MO) . .-17.7
East (Kansas City, MO) . .-18.6
North County (Bonne Terre, MO) . .-20.7
Lincoln College Prep (Kansas City, MO) . .-21.3
Affton (St. Louis, MO) . .-22
Vashon/Miller Career Academy (St. Louis, MO) . .-23
University City (St. Louis, MO) . .-23.2
Gateway Tech (St. Louis, MO) . .-25.4
Windsor (Imperial, MO) . .-28.4
McCluer (Florissant, MO) . .-29.8
Clayton (St. Louis, MO) . .-30.3
Confluence Prep Academy/Grand Center Arts Academy (St. Louis, MO) . .-34.9

Class 4 strength of schedule...ranked

SchoolSchedule Strength
Carl Junction (MO) . .19
Parkway Central (Chesterfield, MO) . .13.2
Hillcrest (Springfield, MO) . .12.9
Kearney (MO) . .9.6
Marshall (MO) . .6.2
Bolivar (MO) . .4.9
MICDS (St. Louis, MO) . .3.9
Monett (MO) . .3.6
Harrisonville (MO) . .3.4
Hillsboro (MO) . .1.6
Nevada (MO) . .1.4
Smithville (MO) . .0.3
Hannibal (MO) . .0.3
West Plains (MO) . .0.1
McDonald County (Anderson, MO) . .0.1
DeSoto (MO) . .0
Jefferson City (MO) . .-0.1
Sikeston (MO) . .-0.8
Riverview Gardens (St. Louis, MO) . .-0.8
Grandview (MO) . .-2.3
Pacific (MO) . .-4.2
Hazelwood East (St. Louis, MO) . .-4.5
Logan-Rogersville (Rogersville, MO) . .-5.2
McCluer North (Florissant, MO) . .-6.4
Parkway North (St. Louis, MO) . .-7.1
Excelsior Springs (MO) . .-8.7
Warrensburg (MO) . .-9.3
Jennings (MO) . .-9.5
St. Charles (MO) . .-9.6
Union (MO) . .-9.7
Festus (MO) . .-10.7
Marshfield (MO) . .-12.2
Burroughs [John] (St. Louis, MO) . .-13.2
Van Horn (Independence, MO) . .-13.8
Farmington (MO) . .-14.2
Soldan International Studies/Sumner (St. Louis, MO) . .-14.4
Kirksville (MO) . .-14.4
Perryville (MO) . .-15.2
Moberly (MO) . .-15.9
Warrenton (MO) . .-16
St. Dominic (O'Fallon, MO) . .-16.1
Lafayette (St. Joseph, MO) . .-17.2
Winnetonka (Kansas City, MO) . .-17.7
East (Kansas City, MO) . .-18.6
North County (Bonne Terre, MO) . .-20.7
Lincoln College Prep (Kansas City, MO) . .-21.3
Affton (St. Louis, MO) . .-22
Vashon/Miller Career Academy (St. Louis, MO) . .-23
University City (St. Louis, MO) . .-23.2
Gateway Tech (St. Louis, MO) . .-25.4
Windsor (Imperial, MO) . .-28.4
McCluer (Florissant, MO) . .-29.8
Clayton (St. Louis, MO) . .-30.3
Confluence Prep Academy/Grand Center Arts Academy (St. Louis, MO) . .-34.9
I believe it.

I get that you feel that way. I realize the teams west of STL are so much better.
There’s other teams in STL who are great. St Mary’s and CBC and De Smet and maybe MICDS Then there’s some solid ones LN and LSC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT