ADVERTISEMENT

C4-5-6 predictions (guesses) and notes

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
C4: Vashon over St. Joseph Benton. Wolverines get the rare double and maybe easily this weekend. The Benton-Park Hills Central is total apples-oranges and a guess based on nothing more than tradition as the Cards contend virtually every year.

C5: Carl Junction over West Plains. This could be an absolute classic as the defending champs rolled to the Final Four while Carl has been the most consistent winner in this class all season long and dominated a very good league. I don't see either semi being single digits, either.

C6: Incarnate Word over Columbia Rock Bridge. Nothing more needs to be said here as MO C6 deals with National top 5 IWA.

Reactions: Arcola
I wish I knew what happened to John Burroughs. Did they just have a bad shooting day or did Cape ND cause their issues?

In another thread it said Lutheran South played a big part of the game with only four players on the court. Would love to hear more about that. I’m guessing a short bench that then had a combination of injuries, illnesses and foul trouble????

Or was it a Norman Dale moment? “My team’s on the court!”

Reactions: thetophat2021
I have been skeptical of West Plains this year, but I am all in now. WP will get another state title. Womack has them rolling at the right time.

In another thread it said Lutheran South played a big part of the game with only four players on the court. Would love to hear more about that. I’m guessing a short bench that then had a combination of injuries, illnesses and foul trouble????

Or was it a Norman Dale moment? “My team’s on the court!”
Do you mean Lutheran St Charles or Lutheran South?

I'm gonna say Lutheran St. Charles takes Class 5
Have not seen them beyond some highlights the common opponent with WP is Rolla but that game was way back at the beginning of the season. Other losses all to high/very high quality opponents and this is basketball. Far and away the hardest sport, in my opinion, to predict.

Have not seen them beyond some highlights the common opponent with WP is Rolla but that game was way back at the beginning of the season. Other losses all to high/very high quality opponents and this is basketball. Far and away the hardest sport, in my opinion, to predict.
Jordan Speiser (sp?) didn't play early. She just scored her 1000th point as a sophomore even though she missed 10 games this season and played limited minutes in a lot of games. Don't get me wrong, I I respect everything about West Plains. Just my gut.

Jordan Speiser (sp?) didn't play early. She just scored her 1000th point as a sophomore even though she missed 10 games this season and played limited minutes in a lot of games. Don't get me wrong, I I respect everything about West Plains. Just my gut.
Every team that gets this far deserves tons of respect. No matter the sport/life endeavor you very very rarely luck into anything.

Reactions: BooJack
West Plains is one of the more unpredictable teams of the year.
They’ve won 12 in a row, including a 25 pt swing in the second half to beat Rolla by 13 and being up almost 30 at the end of the 3rd on JC even though Joyner had spent almost 40% of the game on the bench at that point.

They’ve had 4 different players score at least 23 pts in a game this year and I believe all 4 of those are averaging double figures as well.
These aren’t official, are just estimates since I’ve watched all but maybe 1 game this year:

Joyner: 17 ppg
Dixon: 17 ppg
Lawson: 12 ppg
Williams: 10-11 ppg

The fact that anyone of them can show up with 20 pts makes it so hard to predict how they’re going to play.
Joyner hit 1,500 pts a few weeks ago as a junior, but she’s been starting since her freshman year.

They started the year 11-7 but those 7 losses were high quality opponents, most of which were top 7 in Class 6.

Should be a heck of a game. WP has been hustling these last 6 quarters like I knew they could all year, and when they play that way, they’re really tough to beat. And you won’t find a better girls coach at the high school level.

West Plains is one of the more unpredictable teams of the year.
They’ve won 12 in a row, including a 25 pt swing in the second half to beat Rolla by 13 and being up almost 30 at the end of the 3rd on JC even though Joyner had spent almost 40% of the game on the bench at that point.

They’ve had 4 different players score at least 23 pts in a game this year and I believe all 4 of those are averaging double figures as well.
These aren’t official, are just estimates since I’ve watched all but maybe 1 game this year:

Joyner: 17 ppg
Dixon: 17 ppg
Lawson: 12 ppg
Williams: 10-11 ppg

The fact that anyone of them can show up with 20 pts makes it so hard to predict how they’re going to play.
Joyner hit 1,500 pts a few weeks ago as a junior, but she’s been starting since her freshman year.

They started the year 11-7 but those 7 losses were high quality opponents, most of which were top 7 in Class 6.

Should be a heck of a game. WP has been hustling these last 6 quarters like I knew they could all year, and when they play that way, they’re really tough to beat. And you won’t find a better girls coach at the high school level.
Coach Womack is unreal good.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Lutheran only losing to Vashon by 10 is actually impressive. Vashon beat North Little Rock who is probably the 2nd best team in Arkansas out of all classes.

It certainly looks to me like a strong and balanced final four in Class 5. Would be surprised if anyone wins one of these games this weekend by more than 5 or 6 points, with the exception of maybe really bad foul trouble or an injury situation to a key player.

If you compare scores CJ beat Nixa and Republic while Cape lost to both by 20. However CJ struggles with height and length because they score inside more than they hit 3s and Cape has a lot of size.

No. I was at the gym the other night and I counted 6 second place plaques. Baseball had 2. There have been several individual champions and a few track relay teams.

The volleyball team about 10 years ago beat all 3 of the other teams in the round robin at the final 4 they used to do but then lost the championship game to the team that was 2nd. They later changed the format to like it is with basketball and CJ would have won under that format. Then of course the 2020 girls basketball team. CJ is due a break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT