ADVERTISEMENT

Nixa’s Grant

I'm a traditionalist so I dislike prep schools. Link isn't even that good, but if they are landing players like her I guess they are trying and remain a somewhat attractive option

I get that they are playing at a higher level generally but they will never play in anything like a district title game at Link.

I get that they are playing at a higher level generally but they will never play in anything like a district title game at Link.
To be fair, the players couldn’t care less about a district title game. It’s not 1963. She’s looking forward to college. HS is just a necessary evil. The Geico girls Nationals were on ESPN.

Totally disagree about players not caring about district title games. The atmosphere at most Link games will be like summer tournaments. Most of the people in the stands will be parents and maybe some other relatives. And based on how Link’s girls team performed last year they are not going to be on ESPN playing for some imaginary national championship

I have been at sold out girls district title games and the girls absolutely loved it. Statistically none of those girls will play in front of another crowd like that even if they play in college.

Most girls probably will end up enjoying their high school (not prep school) playing days better than their college ones. That includes playing in front of packed district and beyond games. In college they are usually just another player and many end up quitting

Totally disagree about players not caring about district title games. The atmosphere at most Link games will be like summer tournaments. Most of the people in the stands will be parents and maybe some other relatives. And based on how Link’s girls team performed last year they are not going to be on ESPN playing for some imaginary national championship
Based on how Nixa has been, she wouldn’t have won a district title either.

True. But I would take the high school experience over the prep experience any day. Especially on the girls side. I can see on the boys side if you were a legitimate NBA prospect, going the prep school route. But on the girls side to me it makes no sense. Clark from Iowa got what, around $75,000 a year and was the #1 draft choice. Grant is talented but she isn’t going to the WNBA.

Reactions: Razzy417
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT