ADVERTISEMENT

Another Troy player goes over a 1000 points last night.

BONE62

May 30, 2001
Charlie Nett scores his 1000 point. Charlie is the 20th Trojan to go over a 1000 points. Charlie is also the leading assist man on the team. Now, on a different subject, just when I thought basketball could not get anymore physical I watched the second semi-final last night. I'm not sure what is the answer to the physical play and maybe there is none. Maybe that is what the fans want to see.

Charlie Nett scores his 1000 point. Charlie is the 20th Trojan to go over a 1000 points. Charlie is also the leading assist man on the team. Now, on a different subject, just when I thought basketball could not get anymore physical I watched the second semi-final last night. I'm not sure what is the answer to the physical play and maybe there is none. Maybe that is what the fans want to see.
If that's what I wanted to watch they tell me Rugby is pretty rough and I've never seen it played. If they would call 5 seconds closely guarded while holding the ball or dribbling the ball, or maybe call traveling when you pick up your dribble and take big hop and shoot it after your feet hit the floor again. Or call carrying the ball when you put your hand one the side of the ball to make a crossover move or put your hand under the ball then keep dribbling.
It might not be as hard to guard people and not have to get so rough.

If that's what I wanted to watch they tell me Rugby is pretty rough and I've never seen it played. If they would call 5 seconds closely guarded while holding the ball or dribbling the ball, or maybe call traveling when you pick up your dribble and take big hop and shoot it after your feet hit the floor again. Or call carrying the ball when you put your hand one the side of the ball to make a crossover move or put your hand under the ball then keep dribbling.
It might not be as hard to guard people and not have to get so rough.
Amen and amen and amen, preach brother. It has become a sport I don't even enjoy anymore on the big stage. When you can cause violent contact and displace or gain an advantage on a defensive player in the post without penalty, that is football, which I love in season, but not for basketball season. The game has evolved to a 3 or drive and dish game (and as you pointed out, the ball handling on the drive is often illegal which allows offensive advantage.) I'll get off the SB now, sometimes ranting is cathartic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT