ADVERTISEMENT

All State Teams Released

Webb only has 1 first team All State when was the last time that happened? This will need to be investigated I am sure.

Class 5- Murray and Rexroat being 3rd team is a little funny. There weren't 2 better WR in class 5 than that Neal kid from RS...They need to stop watering down these lists by not giving 2-way recognition.

Reactions: Mo8ManFootball
Someone needs to tell them Kenny Grubb coaches at California and not Marionville. Grubbs and Grubb close. But Marionville and California are not. Coach Grubb did have a good season in his own right.

Webb only has 1 first team All State when was the last time that happened? This will need to be investigated I am sure.
Coach rod had a lot of clout . That likely played in a bit . Several of their best players missed a lot of games due to injury. Gallardo was a stud but he tore his ACL week 3. Jackson was really damn good too and missed like 9 games due to breaking his collar bone . The soph QB Johnson is hands down the best athlete Webb has put on the field since kiente Hardin . He missed 4-5 games . Webb had a really unfortunate year injury wise .

Last edited:
Isn't it odd that Hafer is just 2nd team? I would assume Mizzou signees would be 1st team.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Many moons ago ... back when the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association would sit down the Sunday morning after state championship games in St. Louis to select the all-state teams, we did not select a separate tight end position, we lumped them all together with the receivers.

I know times have changed but I think for first team and second team, we selected 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR (or TE), 5 OL, 1 K for offense, 4 DL, 4 LB, 3 DB and 1 P for defense. I don't recall much discussion at that time for selecting all-purpose, athlete or any other special selections. 12 offense, 12 defense, first and second team would be 48 all-state selections per class X six classes from 1997-2001 then seven starting in 2002.

Essentially 336 all-state selections overall ... I recall one sports writer (from St. Louis no less) once asked the question during the meeting, are there really truly 336 all-state worthy football players in Missouri? Most of us just blew him off because we knew where he was wanting to go with the discussion and none of the rest of us across the state wanted to debate with him.

Most of the members of the association knew before the selection meeting and it was reinforced afterwards there are always one or two players we missed or no matter how hard we lobbied to get on the all-state team, we would fall short a player or two and would hear the complaints in the days that followed the release. Always happened, always will, it's comes with selecting all-state teams.

Oh the stories I could share with this message board about those meetings between 1997-2003.

they guy above him is going to Georgia

Hence, I have said on here before, and for which, I am scoffed by the Jacktards on here: Track times are not based on opinions. Neither are objectively measured FAT 40s, broad, long jump, or powerlifting marks. Opinions are fine for publishing and newspapers. Results, however, are found in the world of objective reality.

I have a feeling once mizzou watches him run they will regret it.
forrest-gump-wait.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT