ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 MBCA Boys' Basketball Poll #7 (Release 2/6)

xcbbdadx4

Dec 8, 2012
2019-2020 MBCA Boys' Basketball Poll #7 (Release 2/6)

The MBCA Basketball poll is selected by a panel of coaches representing each of the 8 MBCA districts and each of the five Missouri basketball classes.

Class 1

1 South Iron

2 Dora

3 Platte Valley

4 Mound City

5 Cairo

6 Delta

7 St. Elizabeth

8 Mercer

9 Princeton

10 Oak Ridge

Others receiving votes: Lesterville, Leeton

Class 2

1 Greenwood

2 Hartville

3 Skyline

4 Oran

5 Crane

6 Van Far

7 New Franklin

8 Milan

9 Crest Ridge

10 East Buchanan

Others receiving votes: Bernie, Mid Buchanan, Thayer, Campbell, Slater

Class 3

1 Blair Oaks

2 Father Tolton

3 Charleston

4 Cardinal Ritter

5 Trinity Catholic

6 Monroe City

7 Kennett

8 Palmyra

9 University Academy Charter

10 O'Fallon Christian

Others receiving votes: Montgomery County, St. Michael the Archangel

Class 4

1 Vashon

2 Raytown South

3 McCluer

4 MICDS

5 Grandview

6 Cape Notre Dame

7 Bolivar

8 Ladue

9 Ruskin

10 Nevada

Others receiving votes: Lincoln Prep, Cape Central

Class 5

1 Christian Brothers

2 Chaminade

3 Mehlville

4 Francis Howell

5 DeSmet

6 Raymore Peculiar

7 Staley

8 Liberty

9 Park Hills South

10 North Kansas City

Others receiving votes: Joplin, Parkview, Rockhurst, William Chrisman

MBCA Member Coaches who wish to participate in the process may e-mail MBCA Poll Chair, Adam Thornhill polls@mobca.org

OK, somebody smarter than me,, please explain how in C1 boys a team drops from 7 to 9 DURING a 13-game winning streak (from 4-2 to 17-2).

OK, somebody smarter than me,, please explain how in C1 boys a team drops from 7 to 9 DURING a 13-game winning streak (from 4-2 to 17-2).
Maybe strength of schedule has something to do with it.

saQ!12`
Assuming you are talking about Princeton, the combined record of teams they played during that 13 game win streak was 95-136. Not a very tough schedule.

saQ!12`
Assuming you are talking about Princeton, the combined record of teams they played during that 13 game win streak was 95-136. Not a very tough schedule.
True fact. But I was always taught that winning is winning. And, good assumption on your part.

Reactions: BG # 1
Mercer also lost to winston during that stretch. And don't worry everyone...it will all get sorted out very soon!

(by playing the games) :)

Mound City finally got Platte Valley on attempt #3, which was the league game. PV had won the previous two by 9 and 13 points I believe.

Monroe City beat Palmyra for the third time last night. They were tied at 59 when Bryce Stark for MC stole an in bounds pass with 8 sec left. He hit the shot and FT to win 62-59. Both the games at MC went down to the wire. MC hit a 3-pointer to send it into OT the first game. They will probably meet again in the district championship for game #4. (I hope to be there in person for that one)

True fact. But I was always taught that winning is winning. And, good assumption on your part.
What doesn't make sense is that Princeton beat Mercer and Mercer is higher. But the good thing is that they will get a chance to prove it on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT