ADVERTISEMENT

Words of wisdom as the cross-state playoff games approach

construction-construction-worker.gif

Reactions: thetophat2021
Yall clearly never drove I35 in Texas that mfer is trash and state has come out and states it will likely be under construction forever

Was delivering a race car to North Carolina with a friend.....We were in the middle of Nashville in lanes about 4ft wide and he was texting....I was not a comfortable person. Pucker factor was way up there!

I 70 from just east of Columbia to the US 54 junction is as dangerous a construction zone as I've ever experienced especially coming home at night.
I hear a lot about 70 but dang 44 between Joplin and Springfield has become so choked with traffic and speeding semis over the last 10 years or so it's just an absolute nightmare and it's for the most part straight as an arrow. It's difficult to imagine 70 is worse but I guess it is since it's getting first dibs on lane expansion.

I hear a lot about 70 but dang 44 between Joplin and Springfield has become so choked with traffic and speeding semis over the last 10 years or so it's just an absolute nightmare and it's for the most part straight as an arrow. It's difficult to imagine 70 is worse but I guess it is since it's getting first dibs on lane expansion.
Actually the worst traffic jam was in Wentzville but those lanes, again, in that construction zone are way too tight. Maybe the solution is go all California and do the 8 lane thing state wide!

Actually the worst traffic jam was in Wentzville but those lanes, again, in that construction zone are way too tight. Maybe the solution is go all California and do the 8 lane thing state wide!
Honestly I really don't know that adding a lane will really improve it all that much. There is a long section of I-40 west of Little Rock that is 3 lanes and heavy traffic is just heavy traffic no matter how you slice it. Going from 1 lane to two is a big deal but after that the return seems to start to diminish somewhat. Adding a 3rd lane would help if semi trucks were prohibited from using it because what often causes backups is one semi taking 30 minutes to pass another semi.

I’ve always thought I-44 and I-70 could both use an extra lane each way, but with a law/ regulation/ rule that requires semis stay in the right two lanes, and 2 and 4 wheels can hammer it in the left as needed.

I-70 is my least favorite interstate.
Last couple of trips out west we use 36 across Missouri and stay away from 70 at all costs. For years we had a house at Truman Lake and traveled 70 every other weekend and lived to tell about it. 70 through Kansas City is a maze since I traveled through it last.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Last couple of trips out west we use 36 across Missouri and stay away from 70 at all costs. For years we had a house at Truman Lake and traveled 70 every other weekend and lived to tell about it. 70 through Kansas City is a maze since I traveled through it last.
Yep we have a major situation where they found a flaw in Eastbound 70 just over the KS line now all that traffic goes wherever they can. I still, though, go back to those way too thin lanes on the stretch where this thread originated.

I drove through several states this year on vacation. I-70 in Indiana was the worst interstate of the whole drive. In Ohio, they don't play, there is a state patrolman every 5 miles. Everyone drives the speed limit. It was kind of nice. Missouri has nice roads, but people are driving 90 mph who aren't smart enough to drive that fast.

Reactions: Arcola and Baldguy
I drove through several states this year on vacation. I-70 in Indiana was the worst interstate of the whole drive. In Ohio, they don't play, there is a state patrolman every 5 miles. Everyone drives the speed limit. It was kind of nice. Missouri has nice roads, but people are driving 90 mph who aren't smart enough to drive that fast.
Drove that Indiana stretch as well both ways this summer and couldn’t agree more. Glad the vehicle survived it, as well as my family. Another road I’m flabbergasted at as well is highway 69 in Oklahoma, a main artery for southwest MO to Dallas traffic. It makes one wonder what the state’s excuse is there, no toll?

Reactions: Arcola
I drive back and forth from eastern MO to Columbia quite often.

Coming back last week, I tried the same approach.

Damn school buses stopped at every *^#€£ driveway. Took me forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT