ADVERTISEMENT

Who's goin where?

But in the postseason when big brother MSHSAA steps in all heavy handed and makes you pay, then it's nice to have a decent, reliable stream and a couple folks that have rudimentary knowledge of the game.
oh-that%27s-not-gonna-happen-brad.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 86THS
I'm trying to decide if I want to brave the nearly 100 degree temps to watch Carthage and Nixa. Probably will if for no other reason than I learned last week that I can't count on Carthage to stream the game and I've previously complained about Nixa having the most annoying announcers imaginable even though their stream is very good from a technical aspect.

On a kind of related note does anyone know why Webb City's stream is just a single camera with no score or other graphics now? The used to run a multi camera show and would have the score and such at the bottom. Odd that both they and Carthage's media partner has downgraded the video stream this year.
Ozark will have the stream as well. They have the score and info at the bottom. Most of the time that's as simple as a transmitter and some software that connect to the scoreboard. That's how it's done for most of the HS stream productions.

Meh. That area isn't TOO bad. Crazy how something like two miles as the crow flies southeast changes the demographics. When we lived there, everytime I drove past 470 and Blue Ridge my truck could smell Pauls. It's like the truck knew I needed a burger. Or a pork tenderloin. Or both.
around Ruskin high school?
Follow my advice.

Regular season livestreaming could be handled by a team of monkeys on the cameras and Romo, Collinsworth and Gary Danielson doing the commentary. It's generally free and tradition states when it's free, you usually get what you pay for. But in the postseason when big brother MSHSAA steps in all heavy handed and makes you pay, then it's nice to have a decent, reliable stream and a couple folks that have rudimentary knowledge of the game.
Its long been said on here that the Mox, Coach Nickerson, and myself would make for a fantastic broadcast team. Then, obviously, Kane would be the sideline reporter. And I think you all are right. Our knowledge would cover just about every aspect of the high school football scene. Player, coach, and booster club/community. Kane then coming in with the entertainment. Sadly, Coach Nickerson and myself are enjoying retirement. So it will always be a "what if".

Reactions: shoot90draw
Its long been said on here that the Mox, Coach Nickerson, and myself would make for a fantastic broadcast team. Then, obviously, Kane would be the sideline reporter. And I think you all are right. Our knowledge would cover just about every aspect of the high school football scene. Player, coach, and booster club/community. Kane then coming in with the entertainment. Sadly, Coach Nickerson and myself are enjoying retirement. So it will always be a "what if".
The booster club President should always play a prominent role in the broadcast of a high school football game...especially the part where they bring free pizza to the broadcasters.

Reactions: BoosterBosko
The booster club President should always play a prominent role in the broadcast of a high school football game...especially the part where they bring free pizza to the broadcasters.
I hate to admit it, but you are correct. Thats what a GREAT booster club president does. FEEDS his community. Now, do you just happen to feed everyone a little bit more come election time? Let's just say, no one turns down a free meal.

On the couch where it's 74 degrees. Probably start with an IPA (where you at @shoot90draw) and move on to some 4 Roses small batch by halftime. Bounce between a handful of streams. Nixa/Carthage, Ozark/Webb, Leb/Willard, Camdenton/Helias, St Clair/Sullivan...Some fun games, but woof. This ain't football weather. Wish the hood pool was still open. I'd watch from there!

Hey @BoosterBosko ... add WOOF to my thing! Everytime "Bosko likey", I can WOOF.

Regular season livestreaming could be handled by a team of monkeys on the cameras and Romo, Collinsworth and Gary Danielson doing the commentary. It's generally free and tradition states when it's free, you usually get what you pay for. But in the postseason when big brother MSHSAA steps in all heavy handed and makes you pay, then it's nice to have a decent, reliable stream and a couple folks that have rudimentary knowledge of the game.
Best of MSHSAA broadcasters was 2015 Webb vs. Kearney C4 title game it took them a half to figure out how to pronounce Roderique.

• Haha
Reactions: 86THS
On the couch where it's 74 degrees. Probably start with an IPA (where you at @shoot90draw) and move on to some 4 Roses small batch by halftime. Bounce between a handful of streams. Nixa/Carthage, Ozark/Webb, Leb/Willard, Camdenton/Helias, St Clair/Sullivan...Some fun games, but woof. This ain't football weather. Wish the hood pool was still open. I'd watch from there!

Hey @BoosterBosko ... add WOOF to my thing! Everytime "Bosko likey", I can WOOF.
Ill get that added. BUT, if you're "woofing" to me liking GIFs with attractive ladies, you might enjoy hanging out with the Mox

On the couch where it's 74 degrees. Probably start with an IPA (where you at @shoot90draw) and move on to some 4 Roses small batch by halftime.
Shootey likey! Eh, that sounds stupid. Always best to kick off your evening with the IPA, than end it with one lol. I did hit up my local Hyvee last weekend. The fall stouts and porters are just beginning to come in. Picked up the "Pumpkin Pack" from Elysian Brewing.

I haven't seen it this year yet. But you'd be doing yourself a great disservice if you didn't pick up a 4 pack of the Pumpkin spice latte nitro stout by Left Hand Brewing.

• Angry
I haven't seen it this year yet. But you'd be doing yourself a great disservice if you didn't pick up a 4 pack of the Pumpkin spice latte nitro stout by Left Hand Brewing.
Man, I can't do pumpkin anything. There's no chance I'd come back as a suburban white soccer mom. I just can't with the pumpkin.

My fall go to's are the pretzel wheats (Ofallon and ShockTop make them, or did) and I'm always a sucker for the Piney Black Walnut or a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan (can't freaking find it in Springfield area much anymore).

Man, I can't do pumpkin anything. There's no chance I'd come back as a suburban white soccer mom. I just can't with the pumpkin.

My fall go to's are the pretzel wheats (Ofallon and ShockTop make them, or did) and I'm always a sucker for the Piney Black Walnut or a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan (can't freaking find it in Springfield area much anymore).
I agree with you on the pumpkin anything. Beer, latte, bread, doesn't matter. That fruit (vegetable?) was not intended to be eaten by humans.

Not all pumpkin beers are good. Some are too heavy pumpkin. Others too heavy on the spice. So I get it.

I love me some of the pretzel wheats and stouts. ShockTop's is fantastic! I think? Great Divide Brewing has a pecan beer that's quite good.

If you're looking for a walk on the wild side (calm down Mox) Saugatuck Brewing makes a blueberry maple stout. Tastes exactly like blueberry pancakes.

Install the YouTube app on your Roku if you haven't. Then search Ozark Tigers Athletics. They'll have the stream.
I also just remembered that KSN 16 said they were broadcasting the Webb ozark game. Not sure why they picked that one and not Carthage nixa but oh well. They’ve been airing a few local games of interest the last few years on Friday nights which I think is awesome.

I also just remembered that KSN 16 said they were broadcasting the Webb ozark game. Not sure why they picked that one and not Carthage nixa but oh well. They’ve been airing a few local games of interest the last few years on Friday nights which I think is awesome.
I wonder if local sponsors want Webb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT