ADVERTISEMENT

West Plains 3 - Bolivar 20 Final

OldZizzer69

Oct 24, 2017
Bolivar scores on two big runs on their first two possessions.

West Plains offense is playing horrible tonight. Jones has thrown three interceptions and fumbled the ball once. I’m glad the defense is at least keeping us in the game in the first half. Hopefully they turn it around in the second.

Not sure what to make of this Zizzer team. They have some nice pieces. But it does not seem like they are going to put it together this year. Coming into the year I thought they had a decent shot at winning their conference and their district. But lots of things hurting them at the moment. Depth remains an issue. And I think the natives are starting to grow restless with Coach Wyatt. He is a really good coach, but he is not going to bend for anyone. And I think that is starting to wear on people. Curious to see what happens the rest of the season and moving forward.

Not sure what to make of this Zizzer team. They have some nice pieces. But it does not seem like they are going to put it together this year. Coming into the year I thought they had a decent shot at winning their conference and their district. But lots of things hurting them at the moment. Depth remains an issue. And I think the natives are starting to grow restless with Coach Wyatt. He is a really good coach, but he is not going to bend for anyone. And I think that is starting to wear on people. Curious to see what happens the rest of the season and moving

In what areas does he need to bend though?

This is the least talented team WP has had in over a decade.
The 2016 team that went 5-6 still had more weapons than this group does.
The OL has been a liability the majority of the season and have no depth, and they don’t have the speed they’ve had the last decade at the skill positions.
We all know with the exception of a few programs in Missouri, you’re going to have your up years and down years. That’s just how it works.

The natives can grow restless all they want, outside of maybe 100 people, the natives of WP didn’t care about football until 2014 when they started winning, then suddenly everybody wants to get involved and everyone wants to have an opinion, where were they in 2010? 2011? 2012?

Where where they from 02-09, WP had some good teams those years, but were around .500 most of the time and having to play Poo, Cammy, and Waynesville in their prime years.

Truth is, once WP left the SCA and started playing schools their size and bigger, other than people who were super close to the program and school, the majority of the “WP faithful” stopped giving a crap about the team. They got so butthurt that they weren’t playing their traditional opponents(even though their enrollment was anywhere from 2-5 times bigger).

The amount of games where half the people left in at the end of the 3Q in a home game even in a good game/close game/game that WP won was pitiful.

We all know why football participation is down, it’s because the athletes that aren’t playing football don’t want their feelings hurt, Don’t wanna work in the summer, don’t wanna work in practice, they want to show up and be all “you’re luck I’m even playing, I don’t have to be here”

It’ll be an adjustment, but if they got rid of Wyatt that would be a real shame. Everyone knows he’s not ass kisser and he never will be, the same people that can’t respect that are probably the same ones who’s kids feelings get hurt easily.

Reactions: TadQueasy
In what areas does he need to bend though?

This is the least talented team WP has had in over a decade.
The 2016 team that went 5-6 still had more weapons than this group does.
The OL has been a liability the majority of the season and have no depth, and they don’t have the speed they’ve had the last decade at the skill positions.
We all know with the exception of a few programs in Missouri, you’re going to have your up years and down years. That’s just how it works.

The natives can grow restless all they want, outside of maybe 100 people, the natives of WP didn’t care about football until 2014 when they started winning, then suddenly everybody wants to get involved and everyone wants to have an opinion, where were they in 2010? 2011? 2012?

Where where they from 02-09, WP had some good teams those years, but were around .500 most of the time and having to play Poo, Cammy, and Waynesville in their prime years.

Truth is, once WP left the SCA and started playing schools their size and bigger, other than people who were super close to the program and school, the majority of the “WP faithful” stopped giving a crap about the team. They got so butthurt that they weren’t playing their traditional opponents(even though their enrollment was anywhere from 2-5 times bigger).

The amount of games where half the people left in at the end of the 3Q in a home game even in a good game/close game/game that WP won was pitiful.

We all know why football participation is down, it’s because the athletes that aren’t playing football don’t want their feelings hurt, Don’t wanna work in the summer, don’t wanna work in practice, they want to show up and be all “you’re luck I’m even playing, I don’t have to be here”

It’ll be an adjustment, but if they got rid of Wyatt that would be a real shame. Everyone knows he’s not ass kisser and he never will be, the same people that can’t respect that are probably the same ones who’s kids feelings get hurt easily.
Oh I agree with just about everything you said. I dont think he needs to bend. But sadly that is not the growing opinion around WP.

WP is a strange place. I mean they had one of the greatest coaches in the history of the BFE in Ary and they were not even satisfied with that, and he was more than ready to move along to double dip in Arkansas. I am not saying they are going to get rid of Wyatt. But I can see them making his life miserable enough that he finds another place to coach in the next few years. It is a shame.

I might be the only person here who looks up junior high scores. West Plains junior high teams are not good. This will probably just be a bad cycle for a few years.
Yeah I think this years freshman and sophomores will be the last solid group to come through for a few years. That is not going to help things either.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Oh I agree with just about everything you said. I dont think he needs to bend. But sadly that is not the growing opinion around WP.

WP is a strange place. I mean they had one of the greatest coaches in the history of the BFE in Ary and they were not even satisfied with that, and he was more than ready to move along to double dip in Arkansas. I am not saying they are going to get rid of Wyatt. But I can see them making his life miserable enough that he finds another place to coach in the next few years. It is a shame.

The amount of criticism that Ary took in WP was just terrible.
After Simpkins retired from coaching, WP football fell apart, it took Ary 2 years to right the ship.

Simpkins retiring from AD just a few years ago doesn’t help either, I think Perkins knew without simpkins as AD, life was going to be hard for any football coach in WP, and was why he took the RB job and left 3 future D1 athletes at WP.

I personally think not having Simpkins as AD made things a lot more difficult for Womack.
It’s my opinion that the school board ran him off for a lot of the same reasons that parents don’t like Wyatt.
And now the WP Lady Zizzer basketball page, etc is just free advertising for the new coach’s business. It’s a joke.
I sure hope the lady’s basketball program doesn’t tank, but I won’t be shocked if it does this year or the next.

Ary was ready to leave and get out of that sh!tshow, so was Perkins and so was Womack.

Smartest thing MSU-WP could do is get a women’s juco bball program going and hire Scott Womack

Scott Womack WBB: 636-287(33 years), averaged 19.3 wins/season, 2 state titles, 5 final fours? and NUMEROUS other accolades

Steve Ary Football: took him 2 years to right the ship and he went 43-15 in his final 5 years

Last edited:
I might be the only person here who looks up junior high scores. West Plains junior high teams are not good. This will probably just be a bad cycle for a few years.

Yeah I think this years freshman and sophomores will be the last solid group to come through for a few years. That is not going to help things either.

So WPMS used to be the only middle school in WP(there are 6 of them) that played football, so incoming freshman wouldn’t have played football since mighty mites.

When Ary came to WP, he(with the help of simpkins and others I’m sure) united the middle schools of WP to co-op in football and that helped tremendously, didn’t have as many of the “basketball only” or “baseball only” athletes, but I’ve been told something along the lines of the WP AD and some board members and administrators have recently pissed off some of the rural middle schools and they’ve had some of them drop out of the co-op. That doesn’t help at all.
I think long-term, Wyatt will do great at WP, but he still doesn’t have a team that has been in his system for 4 years. I think it’s very possible that the next 2 years will be better than this year.
WP is junior heavy this year if I remember correctly.

There are a lot of moving parts constantly in WP. Their AD, board and Admin does not help them out. I am not sure Wyatt is going to be there long enough to reach doing great in the long term. Knowing his personality I don't think he is going to just hang out and let them criticize him continually no matter what. Schools over in the boothill think Wyatt walks on water and would be thrilled to get him back over there.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
There are a lot of moving parts constantly in WP. Their AD, board and Admin does not help them out. I am not sure Wyatt is going to be there long enough to reach doing great in the long term. Knowing his personality I don't think he is going to just hang out and let them criticize him continually no matter what. Schools over in the boothill think Wyatt walks on water and would be thrilled to get him back over there.
If they run Wyatt out of town, WP football is done and good luck getting someone else qualified to take that job.

I don’t think he’s looking. He’s a WP guy born and bred, his parents live there, his son is on football staff at WP now, and ultimately, I don’t think he would ever want to coach anywhere else.
There were some rumors last offseason of him trying to get some of the rural school kids to follow him to another school if he could get another job. But that never materialized. I am not sure we can say he will never coach anywhere else, but it would have to be the right situation and I am not sure that situation is going to be available unless he was willing to move and I dont see that happening.

There were some rumors last offseason of him trying to get some of the rural school kids to follow him to another school if he could get another job. But that never materialized. I am not sure we can say he will never coach anywhere else, but it would have to be the right situation and I am not sure that situation is going to be available unless he was willing to move and I dont see that happening.

I would be shocked if he ever coached at another Missouri HS in the area, I could be wrong, but I just don’t see it.

Now if he ended up at Mammoth Spring, Mountain Home, or somewhere like that, I wouldn’t be as surprised

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT