ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Tariffs bad, Biden tariffs good?

bksfg4

Sep 14, 2009
I’m excited to see how these Biden tariffs are going to help US manufacturers win bigley but Trumps old tariffs and newly proposed tariffs if re-elected would have been so bad and potentially lead to the end of democracy.

Here’s some key points to ponder:
  • President Joe Biden plans to impose a 100% tariff on Chinese electric vehicle imports, a 50% tariff on Chinese solar cells and a 25% tariff on certain Chinese steel and aluminum imports.
  • The announcement comes after weeks of White House officials warning Beijing to amend certain trade practices that the Washington argues have weakened global supply chains.
  • Administration officials predicted that these tariffs will have "no inflationary impact."

I don't know how either of these tariffs are a good thing.
Trump doesn't get the basics. He thinks his tariffs are being paid by China," Biden said at the time. "Any freshman econ student could tell you that the American people are paying his tariffs."

Biden said these are a “smart approach” to tariffs now so it’s different and better.

Last edited:
There are differences, but I don't know how it makes it better. We are not doing it alone. We are with a group of other countries raising tariffs. I don't know if that makes it better or if it will hurt China more by doing that.
I understand that we have to do something to compete with Chinese prices, but I don't know if this is it.

There are differences, but I don't know how it makes it better. We are not doing it alone. We are with a group of other countries raising tariffs. I don't know if that makes it better or if it will hurt China more by doing that.
I understand that we have to do something to compete with Chinese prices, but I don't know if this is it.
I’m trying to figure it out myself. Biggest thing I see is 100 percent tariff on Chinese EVs seems essentially like a ban. Trump just got attacked for saying it was going to be a bloodbath for US car manufacturers unless something was done about China and there cheap EVs and then all of a sudden Biden is doing what would seem a 180 and going harder than Trump. I’m hoping to hear from the Trump tariff haters and how they feel about Biden and from the Trump tariff lovers and America firsters who should be praising Biden.

When China can sell an EV for $10-$12 grand that would really hurt US auto manufacturing along with those jobs. No way can the US compete with that. And one thing 2020 taught us or should have....is we rely way to much on cheap goods from China and other countries with little to no way to manufacture what we need if they were to take it away.
If we allowed them to sell those cars in the US with no tariffs what would happen 5 years down the road when we lose that manufacturing, 10 years when we no longer have the skilled labor if in 15 years China ups the price and we are forced to go back into manufacturing, or lord help us we have to go to war and start manufacturing again.

When China can sell an EV for $10-$12 grand that would really hurt US auto manufacturing along with those jobs. No way can the US compete with that. And one thing 2020 taught us or should have....is we rely way to much on cheap goods from China and other countries with little to no way to manufacture what we need if they were to take it away.
If we allowed them to sell those cars in the US with no tariffs what would happen 5 years down the road when we lose that manufacturing, 10 years when we no longer have the skilled labor if in 15 years China ups the price and we are forced to go back into manufacturing, or lord help us we have to go to war and start manufacturing again.
So you’re saying it would be a bloodbath for the us car manufacturers?

So you’re saying it would be a bloodbath for the us car manufacturers?
Do you honestly think there would be blood spilled LOL? no not a bloodbath but it would be bad, but not for the CEO and other senior management, they would long would come out pretty rich it would be the little guys who would suffer those on the manufacturing lines, then the rest of us would see the affects as the wealth would continue to move to the top 1% as good middle class jobs are lost. We all cannot be burger flippers.

Reactions: HomeyR
Do you honestly think there would be blood spilled LOL? no not a bloodbath but it would be bad, but not for the CEO and other senior management, they would long would come out pretty rich it would be the little guys who would suffer those on the manufacturing lines, then the rest of us would see the affects as the wealth would continue to move to the top 1% as good middle class jobs are lost. We all cannot be burger flippers.
I was making a joke referencing when Trump said bloodbath about US car manufacturing if he wasn’t elected and didn’t impose new tariffs on Chinese cars built in a huge new factory in Mexico (so they could avoid the current tariffs). The left and laimstream media tried to take his words literally about a month or so ago and it went right over your head. I see your having trouble keeping up and I obviously don’t mean a real bloodbath and neither did Trump. You are a lot slower than originally thought.

I was making a joke referencing when Trump said bloodbath about US car manufacturing if he wasn’t elected and didn’t impose new tariffs on Chinese cars built in a huge new factory in Mexico (so they could avoid the current tariffs). The left and laimstream media tried to take his words literally about a month or so ago and it went right over your head. I see your having trouble keeping up and I obviously don’t mean a real bloodbath and neither did Trump. You are a lot slower than originally thought.
Well I might be slower than you thought matter of opinion, but you are as predictable as Toots, when it comes to being triggered.

You may not mean a bloodbath, but you can not say that Trump doesn't mean what he says. Ignoring his own words is a mistake.

Reactions: HomeyR
predictability means consistency. You know like Bullit both sidesing a mass murderer with a jay walker. Both equal criminals in his eyes. Everything is both sides. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

predictability means consistency. You know like Bullit both sidesing a mass murderer with a jay walker. Both equal criminals in his eyes. Everything is both sides. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
giphy.gif

Toots, when it comes to politics....Biden is a fool, do you think that man is really running the country, that old goat barely knows what day it is, and Trumps not far behind. Odds are neither man will probable finish out their terms if elected.

Reactions: 65TPT
Toots, when it comes to politics....Biden is a fool, do you think that man is really running the country, that old goat barely knows what day it is, and Trumps not far behind. Odds are neither man will probable finish out their terms if elected.

I need Trump to be elected. I just want to see how weird it can get.

I believe that Biden has surrounded himself with people who know how to govern. I believe that Trump surrounded himself with people who wanted to destroy their departments and it will be worse in 2025 if that piece of trash gets anywhere near the Oval Office. I believe we have had 46 presidents and only one is such a criminal he has been indicted. But here you are again still both sidesing EVERYTHING. They aren’t the same. They were never the same. Good god, man.

I believe that Biden has surrounded himself with people who know how to govern. I believe that Trump surrounded himself with people who wanted to destroy their departments and it will be worse in 2025 if that piece of trash gets anywhere near the Oval Office. I believe we have had 46 presidents and only one is such a criminal he has been indicted. But here you are again still both sidesing EVERYTHING. They aren’t the same. They were never the same. Good god, man.
200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT