ADVERTISEMENT

Tri-County Week 4

trumanbulldog42

Sep 26, 2019
As ive said, I am now located in the middle of the state so following the Tri-county and CMAC conferences just make the most sense for me and I wanted to get your thoughts.

Blair Oaks (2-1) at California (1-2) - BO by as many as they want.....50 in the first quarter?

Boonville (3-0) vs Southern Boone (3-0) - The real question here is why does Boone County and Southern Boone both end with an E but Boonville doesn't have an E???

Eldon (3-0) at Osage (2-1) - This one probably won't be close. The records are a little deceiving if you look at the schedules.

Hallsville (0-3) at Macon (0-3) Out of Conference - Both played Palmyra, Hallsville was competitive and Macon was not. Give me Hallsville

Hannibal (1-2) at Fulton (0-3) Fulton will be in conference next year - Oof sorry Fulton...

As ive said, I am now located in the middle of the state so following the Tri-county and CMAC conferences just make the most sense for me and I wanted to get your thoughts.

Blair Oaks (2-1) at California (1-2) - BO by as many as they want.....50 in the first quarter?

Boonville (3-0) vs Southern Boone (3-0) - The real question here is why does Boone County and Southern Boone both end with an E but Boonville doesn't have an E???

Eldon (3-0) at Osage (2-1) - This one probably won't be close. The records are a little deceiving if you look at the schedules.

Hallsville (0-3) at Macon (0-3) Out of Conference - Both played Palmyra, Hallsville was competitive and Macon was not. Give me Hallsville

Hannibal (1-2) at Fulton (0-3) Fulton will be in conference next year - Oof sorry Fulton...
Your conclusions are reasonable assumptions.
To answer your Boonville question, a local television commentator and historian wrote that the spelling of Boonville derives from the commercial salt licks founded across the Missouri river in Howard county by two of Daniel Boone's sons which were known as and sometimes spelled "Boon's lick". When the city of Boonville was founded, the spelling on the licks was used for the city across the river. Now you ask why wasn't it "Boone's lick". I don't know. An accident of history I suppose. There were a lot of those occurring in a non-educated populace back then as they relied on phonetic spelling and of course the E is silent.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
Calpreps projections

Blair Oaks 62 at California 0

Boonville 8 vs Southern Boone 34

Eldon 3 at Osage 31

Hallsville 38 at Macon 22

Hannibal 61 at Fulton 0

Two complete blowout projections. They are prbly pretty close to right if I had to guess

Blair Oaks (Jefferson City) 48-3
Southern Boone County (Ashland) 42-14
School of the Osage (Kaiser) 40-14
Hallsville 12-3
Hannibal 56-7

They have a shot against Clark County.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT