ADVERTISEMENT

The real issue with Trinity and Lutheran North forfeits...

One of the players moms also put on Twitter that they have been playing together since 6 grade and wanted to keep playing together in high school. Would like to see what her sons reason was in his application.
A lot of kids have played together since 6th grade, they just happen to go to school together. These kids were recruited so that they could play together.

The fact is Trinity has a loaded team, and they want to blame people who forfeited for scheduling them. Well it goes both ways, knowing they were going to be good they should have scheduled some of the better teams in the state or find people out of state to play.

Reactions: NorthWestBleachers
A lot of kids have played together since 6th grade, they just happen to go to school together. These kids were recruited so that they could play together.

The fact is Trinity has a loaded team, and they want to blame people who forfeited for scheduling them. Well it goes both ways, knowing they were going to be good they should have scheduled some of the better teams in the state or find people out of state to play.
Wait, it's Trinity's fault for scheduling a Class 4 team that backs out last minute? You can't be serious.

Reactions: 25WHEEL
Wait, it's Trinity's fault for scheduling a Class 4 team that backs out last minute? You can't be serious.
I am serious, maybe if they would have scheduled one of the top teams in the state they would have played the game. Don't be fooled into thinking Trinity is a Class 2 team because of their enrollment. How many students live within their 25 mile radius that could potentially play for them.

Reactions: NorthWestBleachers
I am serious, maybe if they would have scheduled one of the top teams in the state they would have played the game. Don't be fooled into thinking Trinity is a Class 2 team because of their enrollment. How many students live within their 25 mile radius that could potentially play for them.
Let's at least wait until they actually win their own class before moving them up to a higher stature than they currently deserve.

bump this thread for fun
tenor.gif

They haven’t won it yet! (...even though they were my preseason pick for Class 3 :D)

I’m rooting for Lathrop and Ritter both simply because of the “the REAL Class 2/3 state title games were Thanksgiving weekend” talk.

Reactions: indians03
We had our chance to segregate championships for public and private schools about 10-12 yrs ago, but didn't have the balls to do it, so we have no one to blame but ourselves for the public-private disparity now.

The pussification of America! RISE UP BOYS, and show those privates that you put your pants on one leg at a time, just like THEY do! Private schools in Georgia, rarely want to play the big publics, unless they HAFTO! Because WE can play with ANYBODY! And we don't recruit! Our Region, 1AAAAAAA, was tabbed by SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, as the Lil SEC! If ya don't wanna get HIT, stay on the sideline! Trinity was only the fourth private school to play Colquitt, in their HISTORY, dating back to 1913!(Savannah Benedictine, American Heritage Plantation, Florida, Bishop Sullivan, Virginia, and Trinity Catholic)

But a number of states have done as you suggest! Split the public/private institutions! The states that I know of are NEW Jersey, Louisiana, Tennessee, and TEXAS! But HEY, whatever floats your boat!

Reactions: d031280
They haven’t won it yet! (...even though they were my preseason pick for Class 3 :D)

I’m rooting for Lathrop and Ritter both simply because of the “the REAL Class 2/3 state title games were Thanksgiving weekend” talk.
All of that talk came from the folks rooting for Maryville and BO.

Reactions: FBisLife12

So if Class 2 and 3 both end with running clocks would that change your mind?

I'm rooting for coach holt to make a game of it. But I have seen both teams in person. Two totally different level of team play.

And Trinity Off and Def Line going crush Cardinal Ritter. Ritters fast skill postions will be covered by kids with similar speed if not faster.

He started out at Ritter, transferred to IMG, and then came back to Ritter.
I Know we are on the same team but the Kid was an All-State Class 5 WR for Vianney State Champ team 2 years ago as a Sophomore, became a 4 star prospect and went to IMG, and now is with Ritter who is absolutely loaded lol. St Louis is crazy talented.

As someone familiar with the area, I am going to shine some light on this issue. While some want to say there is no reason to forfeit, and I agree, I think the context is important to what is happening in the state and especially in the STL area. Simply put, MSHSAA is not enforcing the rules for whatever reason. I have seen many kids transfer from private to private and have to sit out 365 days, even though they are no varsity starters or moving closer to their home address. These players all usually share something in common. Yet, the state has let two schools run wild in the transfer and undue influence areas. Schools are clearly seeing the state is not enforcing rule against them, so the only way to make a stand is to refuse to play them to make MSHSAA take notice.

I’ve been told by multiple AD’s the new thing to get eligibility granted is to check the “don’t feel safe” box. All it takes is the student going to Guidance once or twice, getting documentation, and then when they transfer, that becomes their appeal. Not saying this is the case in every circumstance, but when you see the level of players changing to these two schools and playing right away, it would give some credibility to what I have heard is going on in STL.

2015 Season

Trinity hires coach whose background is invested almost entirely in the JFL (for non-STL people, STL does not have middle school football, so this is essentially recruiting super teams at the middle school level). Suddenly, in 2015 he starts a group of freshmen on varsity that is now made up of no-less than a half dozen players claiming Division 1 offers as juniors, 3 of which are top 100 in the nation, all of which are public school middle schoolers now playing for the same Class 2 Catholic school team.

2016 Season Transfers

Jabriel Green- top player on Jennings Class 4 team, transfers to Trinity and becomes all-state, top JUCO level player. Immediately eligible by MSHSAA.

Torre Boland- top player on Riverview Gardens Class 4 team, transfers to Trinity and becomes all-state, D-1 (Missouri State). Immediately eligible by MSHSAA.

Ronnie Perkins- top player on University City Class 4 District Championship team, transfers to Lutheran North where his older brother’s head coach is now the head coach….immediately eligible. National level recruit.

2017 Season Transfers

_________- Hazelwood West, leading rusher on Class 5 team with 1,200 yards is now Lutheran North leading rusher…eligible immediately by MSHSAA.

_________- Vashon, 2nd leading rusher on Class 4 team, now 3rd leading rusher for Lutheran North…eligible immediately by MSHSAA.

When Class 2 teams, or any team for that matter but especially those limited in resources, are allowed to accumulate this level of talent through what appears blatant undue influence and ineptitude by MSHSAA to take a legitimate stand against transfers sitting 365, you are going to get backlash from other schools.

This would be a lot more potent information if the public schools weren't having this happen as well.

Case in point, a Staley QB on one of their championship teams that shopped around in the KC area to find a team (from central MO.)

See the other post about private school recruiting--and the point about public schools getting in the game.

CR7707s Post:

"Staley added Benbow between his Junior and senior year last year, you should ask their coach how it worked.

Park hill can really enlighten you if you really want to know. especially on how to get the kids from KCK

The Lee's summit schools could help you also. kids from Grandview end up at LSW and LSN gets a whole new roster every year. Don't ask regular LS no-one wants to go there.

You take Rockhurst kid that's a junior bring him up to the local Pub. school & say he is thinking about transferring, you will see some serious recruiting, is that ok?

A neighbor's kid decided to go to a private school, the Pub. school coach found out, he literally called him 3 times a week to get him to reconsider. promised him starting JV freshman year. No doubt he felt he was being recruited by the Pub. school coach."

I Know we are on the same team but the Kid was an All-State Class 5 WR for Vianney State Champ team 2 years ago as a Sophomore, became a 4 star prospect and went to IMG, and now is with Ritter who is absolutely loaded lol. St Louis is crazy talented.
Yes, he started off at Vianney, my bad. I could have sworn I was told he came from Ritter, but my teen son corrected me this morning, lol. Was he unhappy at IMG?

So if Class 2 and 3 both end with running clocks would that change your mind?

I'm rooting for coach holt to make a game of it. But I have seen both teams in person. Two totally different level of team play.

And Trinity Off and Def Line going crush Cardinal Ritter. Ritters fast skill postions will be covered by kids with similar speed if not faster.

I have seen Blair Oaks turbo clock so many opponents this year. I am pulling for them to win on Friday but I think it would be wrong to see the turbo clock on Friday. Throw that rule out and just let them play even if one team is up that much. I know they won't change that rule but for just one day if they could ignore it. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT