ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joseph and Missouri Western to host Football State Championships

I was just about to post this.

I can’t believe they’re having it in St Joe of all places. I can’t imagine they will have the lodging to accommodate. Not to mention it’s the least centrally located venue they’ve used to host it in awhile.

Reactions: Vallegrad2

I can’t believe they’re having it in St Joe of all places. I can’t imagine they will have the lodging to accommodate. Not to mention it’s the least centrally located venue they’ve used to host it in awhile.
How many people are you expecting to actually stay in St. Joe? Also 25 minutes from thousands of hotels rooms by the airport.

How many people are you expecting to actually stay in St. Joe? Also 25 minutes from thousands of hotels rooms by the airport.

I guess if you want to drive half an hour to get to the game then ya. But if I was paying to stay somewhere for an event, I wouldn’t want an hour round trip to the stadium.

This is about like Cape hosting the Volleyball State Championships. Nothing like a 7 hr drive for Tarkio a couple years ago.

If they wanted the smaller stadium, why not go back to MO State? It is at least somewhat centrally located.

This is about like Cape hosting the Volleyball State Championships. Nothing like a 7 hr drive for Tarkio a couple years ago.

If they wanted the smaller stadium, why not go back to MO State? It is at least somewhat centrally located.

It seems like they aren't that concerned with it being centrally located; I would imagine they're mostly interested in the best bid.

Reactions: HoopsTournament
This is not on MSHSAA for once. No NCAA colleges bid due to the National Playoff structure on all levels no one wants to lose a home game. Mizzou bid for next year only and no 8-man games on Thursday night. St Joe I anticipate will be a good host. They did an awesome job with the Womens D2 final four this year. I long for the Dome but Motocross sells out 4 or 5 nights of hotel rooms and packs the Dome every night on State Football Weekend. Thanksgiving pushes the workers to a holiday pay rate.

obese-man-sitting-on-bean-bag-stretching-his-arms-and-yawning-WMC47B.jpg

Did they call Harrisonville? At least thats somewhat central to all the sub class .5 teams.

Springfield is centrally located? Get the maps back out...
Keyword you forgot was "somewhat."

It would've been a 5 hour drive for Hillsboro and Valle last year. Not that 3 hours is close, but a lot closer than 5. The only region this helps is KC.

Relative to the vast majority of teams that have competed in a State Championship game over the last decade, very few are over 3 hours from Springfield. 8 of the 12 in 11 man last year would've been over 3.5 hours to St. Joe and 3 were over 5 hours.

Last edited:

It would've been a 5 hour drive for Hillsboro and Valle last year. Not that 3 hours is close, but a lot closer than 5. The only region this helps is KC.
There aren't any 8 man team in eastern MO right?

Give it time though. Some private school will figure it out.

Edit: Just noticed 11 man is moving too. BHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Reactions: Baldguy

MSHSAA has zero cares about travel times.

Ask class .5.

Reactions: Arcola

Relative to the vast majority of teams that have competed in a State Championship game over the last decade, very few are over 3 hours from Springfield. 8 of the 12 in 11 man last year would've been over 3.5 hours to St. Joe and 3 were over 5 hours.
P.S> that's only 5 hours for valle to st joe.
Pierce City did that first round of districts.

Go back to the map and try again literally both in the corner or the damn state

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Springfield is centrally located? Get the maps back out...
It will be a nightmare getting across the state with the planned I70 construction. I suspect Mizzou might have held off bidding on it with the planned stadium project. CoMo is the central point for the state.

Last edited:
I might go this year. Spratt is better than it use to be. William Jewell wouldn't be terrible and close to kc. Maybe st jo will clean itself up. The chiefs helped alot. Which st jo may be worried about that stadium vote.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Go back to the map and try again literally both in the corner or the damn state
Go back and read posts further down from the one you quoted. How many teams in the last decade that played in the State Championships have been further than 3 hours away from Springfield? Almost any team outside the KC region will be over 3 hours.

I understand it is not centrally located in the actual state, but when it comes to the most populated cities, it is a heck of a lot closer than St. Joe.

Last edited:

They have plenty of hotels plus they are building two new ones right now.

I guess if you want to drive half an hour to get to the game then ya. But if I was paying to stay somewhere for an event, I wouldn’t want an hour round trip to the stadium.
By the time they have the games, there will be at least six hotels. I think that is enough.

MO State is not centrally located. Ask Clark County if they think it is.

The only legitimate complaint is location. Any other complaint about this is due to lack of knowledge about St. Joe or about what the St. Joe Sports Commission has been doing recently. Like r14veer said, it was about the best bid and others need to step up if they are going to outbid Brett Esely.

Reactions: _slo_mo_
Etterville is supposedly the geographic center of Missouri. Perhaps MSHSAA should consider building a stadium there for state events; use all the streaming proceeds. Call the place "The Ett."

• Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Etterville is supposedly the geographic center of Missouri. Perhaps MSHSAA should consider building a stadium there for state events; use all the streaming proceeds. Call the place "The Ett."
I still can't believe the powers that be let it get that far from StL again.

Also, you can tell the leader isn't from SEMO anymore

The only legitimate complaint is location. Any other complaint about this is due to lack of knowledge about St. Joe or about what the St. Joe Sports Commission has been doing recently. Like r14veer said, it was about the best bid and others need to step up if they are going to outbid Brett Esely.
They hosted tremendous Central States Wrestling matches back in the day!!

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT