ADVERTISEMENT

Sonny Gray is a Cardinal 3 years 75 million

cardsfan200306

Nov 4, 2022
Yamamoto is expected to bring in around the same AAV not sure how i feel if they dont land Yamamoto, i know Gray had a great season last year in a hitter friendly park and is coming to pitcher friendly Busch but with Yamamotos age If it is between the 2 for the same money id rather give yama 5 for 125

Current Rotation
Gray
Mikolas
Lynn
Gibson
Matz

Plenty of offseason left to change the 5 but i dont like it right now

Gray is a fine addition. But he is still on the bad side of the age depeartment. More than likely his best years are behind him. But it is the first move this year I have been ok with. I dont see them outbidding other teams for Moto.

Reactions: mosofan
Gray is a fine addition. But he is still on the bad side of the age depeartment. More than likely his best years are behind him. But it is the first move this year I have been ok with. I dont see them outbidding other teams for Moto.
only time will tell on whether he gets more than 25 AAV

saw a blurb saying that the Cardinals maybe looking to trade Matz. What sense would that make? Pitching is a top need so lets trade one of our guys?

This team is so frustrating right now.

saw a blurb saying that the Cardinals maybe looking to trade Matz. What sense would that make? Pitching is a top need so lets trade one of our guys?

This team is so frustrating right now.
saw that too only reason they would do that imo is to clear a rotation spot and payroll for another SP. Hopefully Monty or Yama. Matz is owed 12 mil in each of the next 2 seasons

12 mil right now in this market is a pretty good bargain for a solid guy. If we are so strapped financially that we need to clear his contract to do more work in FA then we are royally screwed.

Matz will be gone. Hopefully he goes in a package to Tampa. There's also rumors that Jordan Montgomery may come back. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Zach Thompson grab the No. 5 spot - a young kid and a lefty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT