ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting just got easier for……

Before the 2000s Kearney was a perennial Dumpster Fire as well! Must have found a super recruiter to turn it around!

Yeah, amazingly coach Thomas was able to recruit state winning teams in three different towns. And so quickly get the rosters filled with all those middle schoolers they groomed for greatness. Recruiting had to be a major factor.

Over It Whatever GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021
There was no debate on the Southern Boone kid. Mom and step dad moved out of district and to Wardsville. Pretty sure the parents made that descision.

What does dad coach? Are we talking dad or step-dad? I am pretty sure mom was teaching there and is a SOBCO alum. There is more to the story than just "lets move our kid to Blair Oaks". It is what it is and he is there, but it is NOT because of recruiting....
I agree. Dad is still listed on MSHSAA as Freshman Baseball Coach. Not sure if he still is or not.

Why are you so obsessed with potentially ruining a high schooler? I’m not giving out anymore info than what I already did. I hear BO is pretty good at baseball too so go watch a game on their new turf field or blow a goat. I don’t know or care what you do in your free time
Lol that escalated quickly. Went from watching a baseball game to blowing goats. Not sure what goes on in Linn or wherever you're from, but that does not sound like a good time.

You started the thread complaining about successful public schools, although Kearney was 5-5 for a few years like 3-4 years ago so I guess they fired those recruiters and got new ones, so I was just asking for your proof. You say Linn got athletes recruited from them, yet they have kids from Fatima that play football for them. Is that not recruiting? You still won't answer that question snowflake.

Before the 2000s Kearney was a perennial Dumpster Fire as well! Must have found a super recruiter to turn it around!
It was hiring a great, state champ HC and about as special a class of kids (2004) as anyone could ever ask for. As for perennial dumpster fire NOT in the mid-late 1980s in particular. Coach Skillman changed everything for the better and paved the road for the success KMO enjoys to this day!

Lol that escalated quickly. Went from watching a baseball game to blowing goats. Not sure what goes on in Linn or wherever you're from, but that does not sound like a good time.

You started the thread complaining about successful public schools, although Kearney was 5-5 for a few years like 3-4 years ago so I guess they fired those recruiters and got new ones, so I was just asking for your proof. You say Linn got athletes recruited from them, yet they have kids from Fatima that play football for them. Is that not recruiting? You still won't answer that question snowflake.
Hide Hiding GIF

It was hiring a great, state champ HC and about as special a class of kids (2004) as anyone could ever ask for. As for perennial dumpster fire NOT in the mid-late 1980s in particular. Coach Skillman changed everything for the better and paved the road for the success KMO enjoys to this day!
I believe that was my point.... Right people at right place at the right time.... I do think HC recruit really talented assistant coaches that tends to be a factor but nothing against that.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I'm don't live near Kearney, Webb or Lamar, but I'm sure anybody from that area could speak of the same. The only thing I do know is I have a coaching buddy that was able to visit Coach Bailey when he was at Lamar and the only thing he talked about were how hard the kids worked in the weight room. I know cliche, but that is what he said. I also was able to spend a day visiting Coach Rod years ago and it didn't take me long to figure out why him and his program were so successful.
I know Coach Rod, and Coach Mac. They aren't recruiting the area for players. They don't need to and I doubt they want to. There are not tons of transfers of older kids. Yes there are a few here and there but it's not as if Webb City is assembling these all-star teams, poaching varsity and jv starters from Carthage or Joplin or wherever.

What does happen is lots, and I mean LOTS of families move to Webb City when they have kids or their kids start school or when they are new to the area entirely. Which is, IMO, why they never seem to run out of very coachable, highly invested kids/parents on their rosters.

You pair that with good coaches and it's a recipe to win an awful lot of games. It's not complicated and it's not scandalous but it is very difficult to replicate.

I know Coach Rod, and Coach Mac. They aren't recruiting the area for players. They don't need to and I doubt they want to. There are not tons of transfers of older kids. Yes there are a few here and there but it's not as if Webb City is assembling these all-star teams, poaching varsity and jv starters from Carthage or Joplin or wherever.

What does happen is lots, and I mean LOTS of families move to Webb City when they have kids or their kids start school or when they are new to the area entirely. Which is, IMO, why they never seem to run out of very coachable, highly invested kids/parents on their rosters.

You pair that with good coaches and it's a recipe to win an awful lot of games. It's not complicated and it's not scandalous but it is very difficult to replicate.
Same thing in Blair Oaks

Reactions: 65TPT
I believe that was my point.... Right people at right place at the right time.... I do think HC recruit really talented assistant coaches that tends to be a factor but nothing against that.
Jones was the best here at picking and hiring assistants. His coaching tree is pretty darned amazing.

Heard Zach Wilson just bought a vacation place over in Kearney.
zach-wilson.gif

Yeah, like people can just up and move to housing that is $550K with a median HH income of $115K. There is probably more opportunity in the PC and Liberty areas, but not Smithville and Kearney. Good luck just picking up and moving your 3-star recruit there. Housing is limited and expensive. Lot of opportunities for Oak Park and Staley though. Housing everywhere. Just need some NIL money and they are ready to roll.
I knew a family who moved from Monett to Repmo to Staley and finally after graduation back to Monett and then to Florida, It happens.

I knew a family who moved from Monett to Repmo to Staley and finally after graduation back to Monett and then to Florida, It happens.
Yeah and a family that moved from Webb City to Bixby that will presumably move back to Webb City when HS football is over.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT