ADVERTISEMENT

Powerful St. Mary's will play in Southeast Missouri on Feb. 3, 2018

metro-dude

Jan 28, 2004
St. Mary's was defeated in overtime ( Sectionals ) by Vashon who won the class 4 state championship in 2017. St. Mary's is loaded with all major pieces returning. St. Mary's dismissed their coach Kelvin Lee who will be coaching @ University City this year. The new coach @ St. Mary's was their top assistance @ St. Mary's last season.

St. Mary's plays in a strong conference with teams like Borgia, Duchesne and Jeff City Helias. Their non conference schedule is very strong as well. I believe Ritter is in the league as well.

1. Northwest Academy

2. St. Louis University High
3. CBC
4. Chaminade
5 @ Charleston--2-3-18

St. Mary's will also defend their 2016 championship @ The Coaches vs Cancer @ Meramec. I would describe St. Mary's as a top defensive team, Very Quick and athletic. The offense feeds off the defense with very good outside shooting and great rebounding. The offense is up-tempo. They will be fun to watch for my SEMO friends.

I expect another class 4 sectional battle ( March 2018 ) between Vashon and St. Mary's with the winner playing powerful Sikeston in the Quarters for the trip to Springfield.

Last edited:
Those are the top three teams in Class 4 by a pretty wide margin. The order is probably up for debate.

Vashon will miss 6'8 SF Joe Reece who has transferred to East St. Louis, Ill. Would have been one of the most improved players in the state in my opinion. Incredibly underrated, versatile, inside-outside player. Committed to Old Dominion.

Those are the top three teams in Class 4 by a pretty wide margin. The order is probably up for debate.

Vashon will miss 6'8 SF Joe Reece who has transferred to East St. Louis, Ill. Would have been one of the most improved players in the state in my opinion. Incredibly underrated, versatile, inside-outside player. Committed to Old Dominion.

mowesten---Vashon will miss Joe Reece. Did Tony Irons and the Vashon Woverines have any move ins? The Woverines have two very good sophomores in the 6'5"-6'6" range that are home grown. They played on the Junior Varsity and dressed out with the varsity last season. Both players received playing time and I'm guessing their role will be expanded this season.

Can someone update the Vashon roster?

Metro Dude.. Helias and Tolton doesnt come into the AAA till next year. 2nd Vashon lost Reece to ESL but has gotten transfers: Cyris Alexander from Whitfiield, freaky athletic Donyae McCaskill from Kickapoo and Chance Cursoe a tranfer guard from Nashville who can play. Also soph CamRon Fletcher and Kobe King have really stretched out and have come into there own with both getting offers from K-State, SLU, MO State and a couple more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT