ADVERTISEMENT

Portageville

kaskaskiakid

Nov 14, 2019
What happened at Portageville to cause the SEMO Conference to banish them for the remainder of the conference season?

What happened at Portageville to cause the SEMO Conference to banish them for the remainder of the conference season?
Not P'ville it's Caruthersville. Don't know all the details but there was a big fight one night and things got out of hand with parents involved too. C'ville folks say the other team started it and they're being punished for it. I think it's mostly because people are afraid to go to games there now. Heard they will have to play on the road the rest of the season.

Thanks for correcting me!! .Figured adults were involved. Hate that innocent lkids are punished for actions of adults.

Thanks for correcting me!! .Figured adults were involved. Hate that innocent lkids are punished for actions of adults.
Don't know the facts or what happened once the fighting started, that's what some people said on facebook. I assume the conference schools didn't take doing that lightly. I haven't been to a game there for years so I don't know what it's like now.

Crazy we can not enjoy HS sports anymore without all this nonsense going on. Can not wait until district time and they can not avoid them. Imagine the frustration that has built up then.

Crazy we can not enjoy HS sports anymore without all this nonsense going on. Can not wait until district time and they can not avoid them. Imagine the frustration that has built up then.
They assume they will still play it just won't count in conference standings. I haven't heard they wiped out their season but no one wants to go their place to play.

They assume they will still play it just won't count in conference standings. I haven't heard they wiped out their season but no one wants to go their place to play.
If I am them, I count it as a forfeit if that is the case. They are contracted to play there.

Contracts can be cancelled. Some have cancellation fees but all can be cancelled. Plus if they do that no one will schedule them at all in the future.
Contracts can be cancelled. Some have cancellation fees but all can be cancelled. Plus if they do that no one will schedule them at all in the future.
Most do have fee to cancel. So be it if they do not want to play.

Why not ban the people involved instead of everyone? Surely it was on film to identify the guilty parties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT