carthagefan2006

Nov 2, 2009

RECORDS
-------
OZARK (1-1, 1-1 COC, 0-0 COC EAST)
CARTHAGE (2-0, 2-0 COC, 0-0 COC WEST)

Last edited:
Ozark unofficially ran 23 plays for 10 yards of offense in the 1st half
I was actually thinking it might have been negative yards through their first 3 possessions. Carthage penalties have been most of ozarks offense.

Carthage has gotten sloppy after getting up 21-0. About 150 yards worth of penalties, an interception, fumble, and really struggling to complete passes. Defense is outstanding and they are still running the ball quite effectively.

Ozark's d is fairly good but the final score is not indicative of the play on the field. Could've easily been a 60 point deficit. Carthage's D is exceptional.

Carthage defense looks legit. The penalties were killer, everything kind of felt disjointed and couldn’t really get into a solid rhythm. But also still looks good that they could put up 42 with everything else going on.

Yeah Carthage defense was just phenomenal. Ozark couldn’t run the ball anywhere but backward.

I agree it would have been a 60pt game if not for either the penalties or if Carthage could complete even half of the attempted passes. Penalties were a big problem and I noticed a lot of low or clumsy snaps. The run game is very good, if they can dial in the pass better they will be extremely tough to defend.

Overall I really like what I’ve seen from this team. Next week unfortunately won’t really be much of a test before they get Nixa.

I used to gripe about how bad the COC travels but ozark brought a decent crowd this time. A couple years ago I think I counted not more than about 50 fans over there.

Reactions: Rawlathaballa90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT