ADVERTISEMENT

North Central Missouri Conference is Dissolving

I would now assume that Mexico, Moberly, and Kirksville will try to start a new conference with some of the Clarence Cannon schools since Hannibal threat is now officially gone.

Reactions: Treadmill
I would now assume that Mexico, Moberly, and Kirksville will try to start a new conference with some of the Clarence Cannon schools since Hannibal threat is now officially gone.
This is what I assumed when I heard the news. I could see them just joining the CCC and the conference go big and small. I think Hallsville will be in play as well. From what I understand they and Centralia want to be in the same conference. I still believe there is a lot of conference movement that will take place in the NE and NC part of the state.

c3824d8a93dc88e58960a81c7fa3a17f.gif

Reactions: Arcola
I seen this coming a long time ago. For being a Hannibal fan for the past 12 years I want to say I hope all the 4 Remaining schools find a new home in a conferences but I know they will.

On the other hand, it’s not looking good for Hannibal joining a conference in the near future according to one of the BOE members on Hannibal athletics Facebook page, I have 3 options on Hannibal future in a conference.

1. Go Independent but scheduling for all sports will be challenging for the Hannibal BOE.

2. Yes this is ridiculous to say but Hannibal joined the CCC in every other sport except Football, and maybe baseball . If you look at Hannibal scheduling in other sports. Hannibal schedule like 3 or 4 CCC teams in all other sports except for Football, and I think Baseball also.

3. What I really like to see is make a 3 School Package deal with GAC to bring in Hannibal just for football, and Bowling Green & Wright City for All Sports.

3. What I really like to see is make a 3 School Package deal with GAC to bring in Hannibal just for football, and Bowling Green & Wright City for All Sports.

I agree with you and add Montgomery County as well. With Washington looking to get out and Troy potentially splitting to me it makes sense.

I think something is in the works for the other NCMC schools and this was the nice way of moving on without kicking anyone out

I agree with you and add Montgomery County as well. With Washington looking to get out and Troy potentially splitting to me it makes sense.

I think something is in the works for the other NCMC schools and this was the nice way of moving on without kicking anyone out
Hope the other NCMC schools work something out in the future. I’m glad nobody go kicked out but I feel sorry for the NCMC Commissioner or whoever was head of the NCMC is dissolving the conference. I wish they would made an agreement with CCC and formed a Large and Small Division.

Idk why but I have a feeling EMO might be the next to dissolve. With Rumors of Wright City moving to GAC and North Callaway possibly looking for a new conference. That only leaves 5 teams and we don’t know the future for Louisiana and Van-Far being in 11-Man in the coming future.. from what I just read on Facebook it ain’t looking good for Hannibal joining the GAC.

Montgomery can not beat some class 2 schools this year. Why would they want to play Hannibal?

Montgomery can not beat some class 2 schools this year. Why would they want to play Hannibal?
They wouldn’t play Hannibal. This would ensure Hannibal to be place in the GAC Central since Hannibal didn’t want to be place in GAC North. This will also move warrenton up to GAC Central Also

GAC North
Bowling Green
Montgomery County
Orchard Farm
St Charles
St Charles West
Winfield
Wright City

GAC Central
Warrenton
Hannibal
Holt
Ft Zumwalt East
Ft Zumwalt South
North Point
Ft Zumwalt North/Washington

Reactions: hangmanbobbyjaggers
They wouldn’t play Hannibal. This would ensure Hannibal to be place in the GAC Central since Hannibal didn’t want to be place in GAC North. This will also move warrenton up to GAC Central Also

GAC North
Bowling Green
Montgomery County
Orchard Farm
St Charles
St Charles West
Winfield
Wright City

GAC Central
Warrenton
Hannibal
Holt