ADVERTISEMENT

Neveda 42 Seneca 14

Both teams are pretty good but Lamar is way more talented from what I've watched . Idk how these teams are injury wise but lamar is really good and probably wins state

Reactions: bigcats05
Nevada wore Seneca down with long drives early. Then hit 3 or 4 homerun plays for 40+ and it was over. Nevada defends the option very well, Lamar was able to pass (and run) and Macs Spread caught Nevada before they made secondary adjustments. I think Lamar beats Seneca 8 of 10 times and Nevada would beat Mac 8 of 10. But I guess that’s why they play the games. Post season should be fun!

I’m just so happy that this supposed top 10 team in Class 4 can beat at least one of their Class 2 ranked opponents this year
I think classes 2-4 are pretty close when you look at demographics and top athletes. Blair Oaks and Lamar Could compete with Smithville Kearney.
Class difference is not always indicative of school size difference either.
the difference between Nevada/Mac and Lamar/Seneca is not as big as the gap between a CJ and a Nixa/Joplin. People see “class 2” vs class 4 and think it’s a big school vs a small school. There have been years when Nevada and Seneca were both Class 3.

Yup, shouldn’t have left so much on the field the first time. But yeah, I’m thinking the same. Nevada outside of two Steadman runs did virtually nothing against Lamar. That was not a good look for Seneca.
Sanderson, amongst others, dominated Seneca tonight. Similar to the way Wilkerson dominated Nevada. I’d say Lamar was playing the long game and didn’t show much in game 1. Lamar will win by 2 scores if they get a rematch.

Reactions: 503_Maple
Does the big 8 do co-champs since Seneca and Lamar are both 6-1? Or do they use a tie breaker?
Interesting to think about, Had Nevada not lost to Mac there would have been a 3 way tie.

I think classes 2-4 are pretty close when you look at demographics and top athletes. Blair Oaks and Lamar Could compete with Smithville Kearney.
the difference between Nevada/Mac and Lamar/Seneca is not as big as the gap between a CJ and a Nixa/Joplin. People see “class 2” vs class 4 and think it’s a big school vs a small school. There have been years when Nevada and Seneca were both Class 3.
Mac has been the best Class 4 team out of the Big 8 the last 2 years and have lost by 33 and 35 in districts both years so I was more speaking to the point of playing a schedule like that for a Class 4 doesn’t do you any favors come district time.

Mac has been the best Class 4 team out of the Big 8 the last 2 years and have lost by 33 and 35 in districts both years so I was more speaking to the point of playing a schedule like that for a Class 4 doesn’t do you any favors come district time.
Ok gotcha. I agree, The bottom end for sure doesn’t help. EN, Cassville, Catholic etc….
but Lamar and Seneca (class 2 this year) are as good a prep for class 4 as most class 3/4 school.

Both teams are pretty good but Lamar is way more talented from what I've watched . Idk how these teams are injury wise but lamar is really good and probably wins state
If they face Blair Oaks will be monumental task. IF Higginsville or someone else upsets the Falcons then yes they are the favorites without a doubt.

Reactions: 503_Maple
Does the big 8 do co-champs since Seneca and Lamar are both 6-1? Or do they use a tie breaker?
Interesting to think about, Had Nevada not lost to Mac there would have been a 3 way tie.
No, Seneca has the tie breaker over Lamar over the goofy loss from earlier in the year.

If they face Blair Oaks will be monumental task. IF Higginsville or someone else upsets the Falcons then yes they are the favorites without a doubt.
Lamar has a good D. But BO will be a tough out. Lamar has stopped every running game they have faced the past few seasons. So they will be able to make BO one dimensional, but even so will be very tough

Lamar only has the original two players from the summer out. That started the year hurt. They will be fully healthy come districts.

That Seneca team last night wouldn’t have a chance in hell of beating Republic or any coc school other than Willard. First time seeing them all year and was very disappointed, maybe just an off night? Lamar shouldn’t have any trouble in the rematch.

Compete with Smithville/Kearney is the best way to put that. They may win 2/10 times they play either of those two teams. At least this year

Seneca has been bad on Defense all year. They look awful tonight.
If the defense has been bad all year why are they 8-1? Yes there was a few games where they gave up 30+ points but for the most part they have been pretty solid.

IMHO Seneca more than likely had a plain old off night. I still see them and Lamar in the quarters meeting up.

Seneca as the year went on to me, got more and more to work on defensively and not much was answered. I think they are just are a team to outscore their opponent and hope the ending game score is in their favor. Then a team that will win in a decisive manner in district championship onward. I think Liberty Mountain View will lick their chops imo watching those explosive plays Nevada had, reeds had, and Lamar had, even a few with McDonald County, when that game adventually happens. The MOST likely thing is a rematch with Seneca and Lamar. But that’s not imo a given if Seneca plays defense like that after districts against LMV. This is the fun of seeing things actually play out. This loss though does give Seneca a chance to regroup before losses are season ending.

If the defense has been bad all year why are they 8-1? Yes there was a few games where they gave up 30+ points but for the most part they have been pretty solid.
I just look at the games where they have played teams with winning records. Looking good on Defense against Aurora, Catholic and Monett doesn't really mean anything. The 4 teams with winning records they have played this year they are averaging giving up 38 points a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT