ADVERTISEMENT

My Rant for the Day!

3Rfan

Aug 23, 2002
My wife and I went to Cape Girardeau to do some stuff today and ate at Cracker Barrel for the first time in over a year. I gave the waitress my usual order for that place and when I ordered white bread at the end she said they don't have white bread any more. I was shocked and asked why. I don't know when this happened but she told us she was waiting on some customers and asked if they wanted white or wheat bread and the lady told her she couldn't say that because it's racist. I nearly fell out of my chair and told her how crazy I thought that was. She agreed but said, now they don't even serve white bread. I asked if that was just there and she no it's a corporate policy. My wife had sower dough bread so I told the waitress to tell the manager I was offended that I couldn't have white bread and that when someone orders 'sour' dough bread it just makes me feel sad. He was close to our table so she called him over and told him that and he said I know what you mean. I told my wife if I was on facebook or twitter I would blow this up to the world. Then I told her I'm on the MoSports PC board and a lot of you folks are on some form of social media so I would just out it out there for all to read on here. Ok I'm all done now, I just wanted let as many people as I could know about this policy put in place because somebody from somewhere thinks asking if you want white bread is racist. :oops:

Reactions: Arcola
Surely you jest........nice one though. Did they take White Milk off the Menu as well LOL. Only Chocolate Milk and Saw Mill/Red Eye Gravy as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIZZOU71
Surely you jest........nice one though. Did they take White Milk off the Menu as well LOL. Only Chocolate Milk and Saw Mill/Red Eye Gravy as well.
No jesting on this one. She was dead serious and the manager confirmed it happened. That's why I asked if it was just the Cape store or a corporate thang. She said corporate. I didn't ask about milk, wish I had thought of it though.

No jesting on this one. She was dead serious and the manager confirmed it happened. That's why I asked if it was just the Cape store or a corporate thang. She said corporate. I didn't ask about milk, wish I had thought of it though.
WOW I keep up with POP culture and the Woke/SJW stuff is out of control but that is up their with the craziest things I've heard.

Truly I thought it was satire...and good satire at that. But for it to be real is insane, sort of scary but clearly legal for a private company to do so.

Clearly it's legal for Twitter/FaceBook/Instagram/TikTok to censor conservatives to a massive degree and to allow Radial leftist lies and propaganda to reign supreme if your a private co., but morally it is wrong and really goes against the spirit of America and free speech.

But without a doubt Free speech is allowed much more than the MSM in some cases wants you to believe...

My wife and I went to Cape Girardeau to do some stuff today and ate at Cracker Barrel for the first time in over a year. I gave the waitress my usual order for that place and when I ordered white bread at the end she said they don't have white bread any more. I was shocked and asked why. I don't know when this happened but she told us she was waiting on some customers and asked if they wanted white or wheat bread and the lady told her she couldn't say that because it's racist. I nearly fell out of my chair and told her how crazy I thought that was. She agreed but said, now they don't even serve white bread. I asked if that was just there and she no it's a corporate policy. My wife had sower dough bread so I told the waitress to tell the manager I was offended that I couldn't have white bread and that when someone orders 'sour' dough bread it just makes me feel sad. He was close to our table so she called him over and told him that and he said I know what you mean. I told my wife if I was on facebook or twitter I would blow this up to the world. Then I told her I'm on the MoSports PC board and a lot of you folks are on some form of social media so I would just out it out there for all to read on here. Ok I'm all done now, I just wanted let as many people as I could know about this policy put in place because somebody from somewhere thinks asking if you want white bread is racist. :oops:

I don't doubt that your story of what the waitress, etc. said is a true account of your conversation. However, I'm not sure what to do with the fact that "white" bread is on their nutrition chart that they just updated.

The update could be from a third party hired by corporate to update such things and they didn't get the memo. Sometimes on-line menu's and that info. is months behind what corporate has changed. I run into that very often when ordering on-line for delivery.

And even crazier than the White Bread thing is the fact they are trying to cancel the 3 time Jeopardy winner for putting up 3 fingers for his 3rd victory, of course the Nutter SJW want to turn the OK sign into some White Supremacist symbol....

They need to do a better job of getting the word out.

Last edited:
The update could be from a third party hired by corporate to update such things and they didn't get the memo. Sometimes on-line menu's and that info. is months behind what corporate has changed. I run into that very often when ordering on-line for delivery.

And even crazier than the White Bread thing is the fact they are trying to cancel the 3 time Jeopardy winner for putting up 3 fingers for his 3rd victory, of course the Nutter SJW want to turn the OK sign into some White Supremacist symbol....

They need to do a better job of getting the word out.

Well, that particular one was updated April 20, 2021, so I'd bet that it's more plausible to believe that they still have white bread, regardless of what many would like to believe for the sake of confirming their personal beliefs and biases. I'm not saying something like this is not possible in our day and age, but I'm saying that it's not plausible, given the alternative. I'll ask Cracker Barrel directly, so that I'm not relying on message board hearsay because, to a rational person, this seems too ridiculous to be true, much like most of what is shared on social media by people who might earnestly believe the fake stuff they share.

The three finger thing is dumb. It is undeniably a white power symbol, the only people "turning the OK sign into a white supremacist symbol" is white supremacists, but it is also most certainly symbols for "OK" or the number 3, as we all know, and in this context, it clearly is the number 3. Apparently people are ignoring context clues...like the fact that he just won for the 3rd time. I mean, crap, if this is an accurate document, then we're all throwing up one gang sign or another every time we make a hand gesture: Throwin' up gang signs.

Context people, context.

Well, that particular one was updated April 20, 2021, so I'd bet that it's more plausible to believe that they still have white bread, regardless of what many would like to believe for the sake of confirming their personal beliefs and biases. I'm not saying something like this is not possible in our day and age, but I'm saying that it's not plausible, given the alternative. I'll ask Cracker Barrel directly, so that I'm not relying on message board hearsay because, to a rational person, this seems too ridiculous to be true, much like most of what is shared on social media by people who might earnestly believe the fake stuff they share.

The three finger thing is dumb. It is undeniably a white power symbol, the only people "turning the OK sign into a white supremacist symbol" is white supremacists, but it is also most certainly symbols for "OK" or the number 3, as we all know, and in this context, it clearly is the number 3. Apparently people are ignoring context clues...like the fact that he just won for the 3rd time. I mean, crap, if this is an accurate document, then we're all throwing up one gang sign or another every time we make a hand gesture: Throwin' up gang signs.

Context people, context.
Dude it is NOT hearsay!!! It was my personal experience. I asked for white bread and was told they don't have it anymore and when I asked I was told why! I made sure to ask if that was just in THAT restaurant in Cape because it was a local customer that said it was racist and I was told it was company wide and the manager confirmed that so I just assumed it was true. I have not been to another Cracker Barrel to see if it's the same there, that was first time I've been in any Cracker Barrel anywhere in over a year. I have no idea why they would tell me that if it's not true.
I'm pretty sure I couldn't have come up with that up if even I wanted to make up some kinda crap to put here.

Last edited:
I 100% believe you 3Rfan and that this happened and I think he does believe you as well....I think his point is he doubts the validity of what you where told by the manager as this being a company wide policy that White Bread is band for being racist. Maybe they will rebrand white Bread as bleached Bread in the future and keep it on their Menu.

I looked online and couldn't find White Bread on any Cracker Barrel menu but with that said I don't know if it was ever listed before. I did find the Nutritional labeling but again I'm not sure if that is some 3rd party or autogenerated update from the past either.

Context people, context.

Oh I think that a lot of this is just being weaponized.......the Twitter and Social Media Mob isn't that stupid, they understand the context. But they have a agenda and for some Reason a lot of Corporations etc. bend a knee to their tactics.

Dude it is NOT hearsay!!! It was my personal experience. I asked for white bread and was told they don't have it anymore and when I asked I was told why! I made sure to ask if that was just in THAT restaurant in Cape because it was a local customer that said it was racist and I was told it was company wide and the manager confirmed that so I just assumed it was true. I have not been to another Cracker Barrel to see if it's the same there, that was first time I've been in any Cracker Barrel anywhere in over a year. I have no idea why they would tell me that if it's not true.
I'm pretty sure I couldn't have come up with that up if even I wanted to make up some kinda crap to put here.

I'm not saying you're making things up. I'm saying the waitress and manager may have been or they may not have been, but either way their story is implausible. I'm also saying people say untrue things all the time without reason (a.k.a. almost the entire internet). Or rather with a reason that is illogical.

I'm not saying you're making things up. I'm saying the waitress and manager may have been or they may not have been, but either way their story is implausible. I'm also saying people say untrue things all the time without reason (a.k.a. almost the entire internet). Or rather with a reason that is illogical.
You really think that waitress AND the manager may have just made that up out of the blue when I asked for something I have always been able get at THAT restaurant? I don't; don't know how anyone could just pull that out their hat on the sur of the moment and the manager verify it they had no conversation about it ahead if time. You must be a HUGE conspiracy theory guy.

You really think that waitress AND the manager may have just made that up out of the blue when I asked for something I have always been able get at THAT restaurant? I don't; don't know how anyone could just pull that out their hat on the sur of the moment and the manager verify it they had no conversation about it ahead if time. You must be a HUGE conspiracy theory guy.

People make stuff up about stupid things for stupid reasons. People especially make stuff up about stupid culture war things. Also, read back over what I said. Implausible means that it doesn't seem reasonable or probable. It does not mean impossible. It sounds too ridiculous to be true to most rational people, but that doesn't mean it can't be true.

People make stuff up about stupid things for stupid reasons. People especially make stuff up about stupid culture war things. Also, read back over what I said. Implausible means that it doesn't seem reasonable or probable. It does not mean impossible. It sounds too ridiculous to be true to most rational people, but that doesn't mean it can't be true.
You are way out there on this one. There is no possible reason for a waitress AND manager to tell a customer any such thing if it ain't true to best of their knowledge. Pretty good way to lose a job if it's not true.

You are way out there on this one. There is no possible reason for a waitress AND manager to tell a customer any such thing if it ain't true to best of their knowledge. Pretty good way to lose a job if it's not true.
Well they still list White wine… so really if the decision is to get ride of references such as white…then not a good decision overall when you leave things like white wine?

This is obviously a communication problem. Either the message isn't getting to the online menu people or it's not getting to the workers in the store. I understand what you are saying but I also see what r14 is saying, and I kinda think if it isn't a corporate policy it would be more of a manager pulling something out of their hat, for god knows what reason, and telling his employees this. This makes more sense to me than to think that Cracker Barrell is going 180 degrees the other way considering the number of issues they have had recently with their employment issues.

This is obviously a communication problem. Either the message isn't getting to the online menu people or it's not getting to the workers in the store. I understand what you are saying but I also see what r14 is saying, and I kinda think if it isn't a corporate policy it would be more of a manager pulling something out of their hat, for god knows what reason, and telling his employees this. This makes more sense to me than to think that Cracker Barrell is going 180 degrees the other way considering the number of issues they have had recently with their employment issues.
I have no idea what they're doing but I sure have a hard time believing a waitress that had never seen me before just threw that out there and the manager went along with it with no conversation between the two about it. If I was a regular and they wanted to prank me, maybe, but I don't live in Cape and hadn't been in that place for over a year and I had not seen those two people in my life as far as I know. It ain't they told me that then said oh wait we're just kidding, you can have some white bread. I'll let it go at that.

I'd say this if it's just a manager going rogue and it could be...he is putting his job at risk if exposed.

Also has any one read what Disney is doing....

I'd say 95% of the population is on board with being anti-racist. But Critical Race theory and this new Mouse House Policy is insane, if these Documents are not some elaborate Ruse then they are messed up as all get out....saying defund the police as a Policy, Separating people into different Houses even calling the Black House Wakanda LOL yes after the fictional Comic Book land in Africa, Even saying Babies discriminate ....yes even babies discriminate yes the Evil racist White babies.....also telling people what organizations they should donate to yes the usual suspects. But Disney will only match Donations up to 25,000$ a year...Funny Disney will throw around 11 million dollar bonus to their Executives during C19 but only donate a small amount to these organization which are a must to support they cry. Hypocrite much....

They even tie individualism and hard work to racism ..and of course they are not for equality but equity of outcome. Which is laughable as a Policy... I doubt all the White or Jewish CEO are going to replace themselves with POC anytime soon. But Hey Rank and file employee if you are hard working, talented and white that doesn't matter go to the back of the Line. This can in the end only alienate and separate people in the long term.

Here if you don't want to Read about this ....These first one is Middle Ground...it's long but decent covers most of it. The Last one is my favorite and most well thought out.

This one is shorter but he is a Conservative So take it for what you want

But either way it appears that major Corporations are in the Insane game as we speak.

Here is a Female POC take on the Disney Policies ..there release etc.

I mean if Disney is going to this length taking White Bread off the Menu isn't that improbable .....Babies are Racist, and equal Outcome and Equity for ALL.... I love her saying the Employee's are Being Voluntold to participate. And being made to feel guilty for being white. They really break down how it's a indoctrination document and how not to using critical thinking or seek outside sources. Do not question or debate ...... Very Cultish and or Yatzee'ish

Last edited:
I would highly recommend reading (or re-reading) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury paying special attention to any time Captain Beatty speaks for a pretty accurate explanation of where we are and where we will end up eventually with regard to the culture wars that conservatives lean so heavily into to get elected and that liberals stoke the fires of endlessly to, of course, get elected. The SparkNotes or Shmoop versions will get you the basic idea, but the irony of reading shortened versions of a book that, at some points, rails against humanity's shortened attention span (among other things) is too much to ignore.

Reactions: RawMeat
Oh gosh need to reread that book ..... I read it around 83 or 84. I just recall them burning books and having fireman who are responsible for doing it now as opposed to putting them out. Need to read it and 1984 again seems like both are happening. Nobody wants critical thinking and questioning of the Dogma. Just stifle all debate or opposing views and keep the masses pacified with mindless entertainment that is full of the supposed correct way of thinking and believing..

I wonder at what temperature E-books burn at LOL....

Last edited:

Here is some real proof of Google trying to social engineer our speech and writing patterns. Big Tech. is going full Orwell without a doubt.

There are free alternatives thank goodness but will they last or be gobbled up.

I love that google banned the mention of business rivals and tragic events from their predictive tech....

And I mean gosh for bid that their tech. might predict someone gender wrong....I mean if they did that to me my head would explode!

I get it at the end of the day it's a private company and if they want to try and social engineer everyone into a Milk Toast person that is palatable to the softest and weakest willed people that is their concern.

But there is no doubt that Big Corporations have no interest in the Constitution and the Rights that was set forth by the Founding Fathers. They are Big Brother and they Know better.

Here is some real proof of Google trying to social engineer our speech and writing patterns. Big Tech. is going full Orwell without a doubt.

There are free alternatives thank goodness but will they last or be gobbled up.

I love that google banned the mention of business rivals and tragic events from their predictive tech....

And I mean gosh for bid that their tech. might predict someone gender wrong....I mean if they did that to me my head would explode!

I get it at the end of the day it's a private company and if they want to try and social engineer everyone into a Milk Toast person that is palatable to the softest and weakest willed people that is their concern.

But there is no doubt that Big Corporations have no interest in the Constitution and the Rights that was set forth by the Founding Fathers. They are Big Brother and they Know better.

And they deserve billions in tax incentives.

And they deserve billions in tax incentives.

Deserve? Maybe or Maybe not. It's a hard call. In truth I wish no business got tax incentives...but once that box was opened it can't be closed it appears. Then you factor in dealing and competing with foreign economic systems that are even more intertwined with their Gov. and aid, well it's complicated.

I have a friend. He is a 99 yo WW2 vet. His famous saying was always. "The whiter the bread, the quicker you're dead."

Maybe it's because it's after midnight....but I'm not sure what that statement means?

Maybe it's because it's after midnight....but I'm not sure what that statement means?
No hidden message, it means exactly what it says.

Pollan calls this a “blunt bit of cross-cultural grand-motherly advice (passed down from both Jewish and Italian grandmothers).” He explains that such advice “suggests that the health risks of white flour have been popularly recognized for many years.

Reactions: Expect2Win
I used to get a cold so bad I needed antibiotics for years usually every fall and every spring, and sometimes 2 or 3 a season.
After being diagnosed with a wheat allergy, I have not had one in 5 years, my joints don't hurt as bad, and I don't get sick to my stomach as often.
I never knew or imagined how bad that stuff was for me, or anyone, but it's made a difference, but let me tell you that stuff is in everything and a burger with no bun or hot dog with no bun, or gf pizza they all suck.

No hidden message, it means exactly what it says.

Pollan calls this a “blunt bit of cross-cultural grand-motherly advice (passed down from both Jewish and Italian grandmothers).” He explains that such advice “suggests that the health risks of white flour have been popularly recognized for many years.
Not sure how the health risks that come from a agricultural based society is correlated to Taxes breaks etc. that was my question.

That is unless he was trying to mesh up that analogy to Western capitalistic society being somehow a bad thing that leads to a quick death. Which clearly would be a illogical, over emotional thought process devoid of any facts or data.

When the truth is just the reverse of that. Western society is at the Mountain top of Greatness compared to all other systems through out recoded and current day history. More wealth spread out among the masses and more individual freedom as well. And without a doubt more effort to change and correct and over come past deficiency's to level the playing field for all.

So again I have no idea how that off the cuff statement has in relevance to any real world truth or situation. Unless it's meant strictly to concern a person's dietary intake of White Bread. Then it's spot on, otherwise it's pure bunk.

Not sure how the health risks that come from a agricultural based society is correlated to Taxes breaks etc. that was my question.

That is unless he was trying to mesh up that analogy to Western capitalistic society being somehow a bad thing that leads to a quick death. Which clearly would be a illogical, over emotional thought process devoid of any facts or data.

When the truth is just the reverse of that. Western society is at the Mountain top of Greatness compared to all other systems through out recoded and current day history. More wealth spread out among the masses and more individual freedom as well. And without a doubt more effort to change and correct and over come past deficiency's to level the playing field for all.

So again I have no idea how that off the cuff statement has in relevance to any real world truth or situation. Unless it's meant strictly to concern a person's dietary intake of White Bread. Then it's spot on, otherwise it's pure bunk.
Thank you Mr. Spock

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT