ADVERTISEMENT

Most Dominating High School Football Player in Missouri You've Seen:

JNsDaddyzDaddyIownU

Dec 8, 2020
For me:
Shannon Crouch from Seneca. Electrifying in high school. First time I saw him he took a kickoff to the house.
Tony VanZant from Hazelwood Central. Parade Magazine national player of the year. Looked like an NFL player playing with kids.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
2971433.png

Dorial was definitely up there. He was a man amongst boys.

Jaelon Acklin from Mtn View deserves a mention. He was a stud and changed so many games during his career and had some nice seasons in Canada

Outside of missouri I was visiting some family out of state and got to see Rex Grossman in high school. Pretty Pretty good.

Got to see 2 dominating players in the same game back in 08 or 09 i saw Brandon Bourbon and Kony Ealy play against each other.

In Texas I saw a lot of talent

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
For me:
Shannon Crouch from Seneca. Electrifying in high school. First time I saw him he took a kickoff to the house.
Tony VanZant from Hazelwood Central. Parade Magazine national player of the year. Looked like an NFL player playing with kids.
Shannon was intimidating as a State Trooper on a motorcycle also. Glad that young man retired😎
For me:
Jairus Byrd from Clayton wasn’t bad

I'll never forget the Hillcrest gameplan with DGB. Just about every play, the QB gets the snap, drops back, throws it as far as he can and DGB goes and gets it. Super complicated

Reactions: cardsfan200306
Aldon Smith at Raytown, Blaine Dalton at Blue Springs South, Ej Gaines at Fort O. No particular order, just remember getting worked by them frequently.

Reactions: cardsfan200306
Does anyone remember the name of a D-lineman from John Burroughs in the mid 1990s, a white kid who initially committed to Stanford then ended up going to Northwestern? I don’t know that he is a top 10 but our entire game plan was to give him false reads on every play because he was so big and quick off the ball.

For me:
Never saw Crouch but Tony VZ was highly overrated IMO. The younger running back on that team was better but just didn't get as many touches as the senior. A lot of decent high school running backs would have had great numbers running behind that O-line. Definitely a dominating line-opened holes I could have run through. (Not saying I would have had VanZant numbers!!)

Never saw Crouch but Tony VZ was highly overrated IMO. The younger running back on that team was better but just didn't get as many touches as the senior. A lot of decent high school running backs would have had great numbers running behind that O-line. Definitely a dominating line-opened holes I could have run through. (Not saying I would have had VanZant numbers!!)

Rushed for 300 yards per game in the playoffs. Ran a 14.3 in the high hurdles in track season. The Missouri HOF disagrees.

Not from Missouri, but Stefen "Stef" Djordjevic. Also, the Mox would be failing if he didn't mention Matt Saracen of the Dillon Panthers.
Most people just reminder Stef for the Ampipe - Walnut Heights game back in 1983. Everyone seems to forget was actively being recruited by colleges. Never allowed a TD pass. Great athlete.

Speaking of TX. We cannot leave out Boobie Miles. The greatest of his career will always be one of the biggest "what ifs" in high school sports history!

Reactions: shoot90draw
Most people just reminder Stef for the Ampipe - Walnut Heights game back in 1983. Everyone seems to forget was actively being recruited by colleges. Never allowed a TD pass. Great athlete.

Speaking of TX. We cannot leave out Boobie Miles. The greatest of his career will always be one of the biggest "what ifs" in high school sports history!
Yeah, but Stef was suspended for that "incident" and missed a bunch of games. The only thing he scored with was that ugly girlfriend of his.

• Angry
Reactions: StefanDjordjevich
Kyren Williams out of Vianney was a man amongst boys, his success with the Rams is unsurprising.
I watched him vs Fort in the 2018 C5 title game and he was probably the hardest running missouri hs back i've seen in person. Fort had a really good defense that season and he was running through people.

Reactions: Jordan_Belfort
Michael Harper from those great Hickman Mills teams of the late 70's was a GREAT hs running back and went on to have a nice career at USC and a few seasons with the New York Jets.

The 1978 All-State team featured Harper, George Shorthose, Gary Anderson and another great back from Grandview HS, David Haynes.

Not sure we've ever seen a better single class of RB's.

I had the pleasure? of seeing Crouch, Allen, and Hocker play in successive years. Really good small class players. Wood from Tipton and Luebbert from Sweet Springs also come to mind as dominating players. I don't remember his name, but there was a kicker from Rock Bridge that in one game put each of kickoffs in the end zone and kicked two of his kickoffs through the goal posts. I believe he went on to play college soccer - early 2000's.

Rushed for 300 yards per game in the playoffs. Ran a 14.3 in the high hurdles in track season. The Missouri HOF disagrees.

Well, who you going to believe, it or me? JK When you get right down to it, all we are in this life is a compilation and conglomeration of our observations and the conclusions and opinions derived therefrom. I maintain that on an average high school team he would have been good, and made them better, but would not have had HOF numbers. Therefore, O R in my opinion.

Well, who you going to believe, it or me? JK When you get right down to it, all we are in this life is a compilation and conglomeration of our observations and the conclusions and opinions derived therefrom. I maintain that on an average high school team he would have been good, and made them better, but would not have had HOF numbers. Therefore, O R in my opinion.
From what I saw he made that team. He did have some gaps, but he was light years above everyone on the field.

Whirlygigs. Weird they didn't duck playing class 1 teams back then.
Them and Lockwood both… one question on Archie, if they ever do make the bump back up, will they be allowed in the OHC? Lockwood already has an 11-man league they should be playing in.

And yes, Hocker was a good one! And Shannon Crouch was a dandy Little League coach that did wonders for building up my son in baseball. Kid is playing the college game today, and Crouch played a big role in that. I’ll always be appreciative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT