And on the other side of Chicago

The White Sox

20 losses in a row.
60 games below .500
1-12 vs. Minnesota Twins.
8-34 vs. AL Central
(.190 winning percentage)

But they won the series vs Marmol.

Quite a team that is basically stuck in baseball hell. They are going to miss the playoffs, but they will do well enough this year to give the mirage of progress from last year. So they will do just a couple tweaks in the offseason and sign a couple more older pitchers. And then again try to sell the fans on the fact that they are attempting to compete. But hey look on the bright side, they are way better than the White Sox.

Saw the Memphis Redbirds last week. Currently below .500, so not much help coming. Bats were dead. Nolan Gorman was 0-4 with 4 strikeouts. Just miserable. I was impressed by one of the young pitchers, Quinn Matthews, until he ran out of gas.

Mo is gone after next season. Bloom will be promoted to his role. GM will also be gone. 2025 will be another lost year during the transition. Guessing Marmol is safe for two years. What a sad franchise the Cards have become. Hope Bloom can right the ship.

Reactions: TadQueasy
Honestly, Mozeliak is one of the least likable executives in all of sports. I don’t understand him hanging around another year.

Honestly, Mozeliak is one of the least likable executives in all of sports. I don’t understand him hanging around another year.
It makes no sense. Lets keep around a guy who has been a failure for one more go around and then promote someone else. This is plan a team uses that has been successful over the last little while. Not a team that has failed

He inherited the best organization in baseball and it has slowly deteriorated to being a sad situation with a bleak future.

Matheny 3 playoff appearances, won 115 games more than lost, 21 playoff games won
Shildt 3 playoff appearances, won 53 more games than lost. 4 playoff games won
Marmol 1 playoff appearance, won 6 games more than lost, 0 playoff wins

Matheny ran off bc wasn't making more LCS or WS, Shildt power struggle of some sort, but we keep the current. No real shaking of the front office. I guess at least ballpark village is full!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT