ADVERTISEMENT

Miller did you go test your theory and take a Gun to Walmart.

bullitpdq68

Sep 22, 2005
Home of the Cubs!!
Police here say they arrested a man who went into a Walmart store Thursday with a rifle around his neck and wearing body armor and military-style clothes, prompting terrified shoppers to flee.

Springfield police tweeted that "an armed individual" was confronted and arrested. No shots were fired.

CBS Springfield affiliate KOLR-TV says Lt. Mike Lucas told reporters police got a call about an active shooter at 4:09 p.m. and arrived within three minutes.

• According to Lucas, a 20 year old put on body armor in the parking lot, then walked inside with a tactical rifle around his neck and a handgun on his side.

The Springfield News-Leader quotes Lucas as saying the man had more than 100 rounds of ammunition.

The store manager pulled the fire alarm. Panicked shoppers headed for the exits.

springfield-missouri-walmart-arrest-080819.jpg

The scene outside a Springfield, Missouri Walmart on August 8, 2019 after police arrested a man witnesses said was inside with a tactical rifle around his neck and wearing body armor, causing shoppers to panic days after a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, TexasKOLR-TV
The man was taking cellphone video of the chaos as he pushed a shopping cart, then walked out of the store and was confronted by an armed former firefighter who held him at gunpoint until he was joined by police moments later, Lucas said.

springfield-missouri-walmart-suspect-080819.jpg

Man who allegedly sent shoppers in the Springfield, Mo. Walmart into a panic by walking in the store with a tactical rifle around his neck and handgun at his side while wearing body armor is seen getting arrested outside the store on August 8, 2019JULIE BELEW
The man's "intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business. In fact, he's lucky to be alive to be honest," Lucas said.

"His intent obviously was to cause chaos here, and he did that," Lucas added.

Lucas said the suspect would be charged but the exact crimes were still to be determined.

Security video and the man's social media profiles would be reviewed to try to learn the man's motive and whether he intended to shoot anyone, he said.

Lucas told KOLR the man may have posted a Facebook live.

Lucas said the store's multiple security cameras will make it easy for investigators to study his behavior.

"Walmart has hundreds of cameras," Lucas said. "Every footstep he took here is going to chronical and document his actions."

One shopper who was there remarked to KOLR, "We're being terrorized by our own citizens and it has to stop."

The former firefighter, who wanted his identify kept confidential, told KOLR, "I walked up to the grass and asked him if he was the male inside and he stated, 'yes,' and I drew my weapon and told him to put his hands in the air. "He complied. He was compliant the whole time.

"He was videotaping on his phone, which was kind of odd, but he complied with my request that he keep his hands in the air and he asked me to come up there and take his weapon from him. I told him to keep his hands off of it and keep his hands in the air and when the police arrived that they would take his weapon."

The former firefighter said he hoped that by stepping in, he prevented something horrible from happening. "Hopefully my actions prevented something like El Paso from happening," he said.

The incident occurred five days after the mass shooting at an El Paso, Texas, Walmart, that lefgt 22 people dead.

Bueno Taco it looks like you can get arrested....LOL There goes your theory, guess you don't know everything.
The firefighter is going to be lucky if he isn’t sued for brandishing a weapon.

Like they said , he is going to be charged but they don’t know what, because from all I have seen reported he broke no law in missouri.

Wearing body armor isn’t against the law

Open carry of a firearm isn’t against the law

Carrying ammunition isn’t against the law.

Videotaping yourself walking around Wal Mart isn’t against the law (probably was doing this to use as evidence)

About the only thing they might charge him with is creating a public nuisance.

The firefighter on the other hand assaulted a citizen who was breaking no laws (that I can see) with a deadly weapon.

Read the article in the News Leader today from ex Green County Prosecutor Dee Wampler. If the guy was friendly and didn’t threaten anyone doesn’t sound like they have a case

There are idiots who go around with guns hoping they will be confronted by police. Normally they are well aware of the law and make sure they don’t do anything illegal or act confrontational, and they videotape it so it can be on YouTube .I would bet that’s the case here

Last edited:

Like they said , he is going to be charged but they don’t know what, because from all I have seen reported he broke no law in missouri.

Videotaping yourself walking around Wal Mart isn’t against the law (probably was doing this to use as evidence)

The firefighter on the other hand assaulted a citizen who was breaking no laws (that I can see) with a deadly weapon.

My bet is the firefighter is never charged. So we shall see.

Reactions: Peter Quill
The republigun party sincerely wants people walking around shopping areas with long guns and protective gear? This is what you want? I recommend coming up with some other solutions or eventually there will be some gun recalls. People are fed up. 54% of repubs want an “assault weapon” ban of some kind.

Well I thought I was joking about Miller....but this guy was very religious....so who knows.

Bueno if you are so sure and believe you to be correct about this and there is nothing wrong with doing this, are we going to hear about you next?

Well I thought I was joking about Miller....but this guy was very religious....so who knows.

Bueno if you are so sure and believe you to be correct about this and there is nothing wrong with doing this, are we going to hear about you next?
I never said it was right or wrong, in fact I think I used the word idiot to describe people like him.

What I was saying is that there is a very good chance he broke no law in Missouri

What law do you think he broke??

If you think i'm 20 years old well.....thanks.
This guy wanted attention and got it. Like Bueno said, what law did he break? What harm did he cause? If the fire alarm wasn't pulled would there have been panic? Why is the firefighter a hero and the kid a villain? Both brought loaded guns to Wal Mart......no?
If people would simply ignore these guys it would end.
Also, why do you say the guy was "very religious"?

Epiphany. Is Miller male or female?

Read the article in the News Leader today from ex Green County Prosecutor Dee Wampler. If the guy was friendly and didn’t threaten anyone doesn’t sound like they have a case

There are idiots who go around with guns hoping they will be confronted by police. Normally they are well aware of the law and make sure they don’t do anything illegal or act confrontational, and they videotape it so it can be on YouTube .I would bet that’s the case here
I heard it is not legal for the general public to own/wear body armor. Is that not true? May be different in different states I guess.

I heard it is not legal for the general public to own/wear body armor. Is that not true? May be different in different states I guess.
In Missouri anyone who is not a convicted felon can legally own body armor.

He was wearing some kind of tactical vest but it didn’t appear to be military grade body armor if it was at all. Looked like he was wearing a black t-shirt with magazine vest

This guy wanted attention and got it. Like Bueno said, what law did he break? What harm did he cause? If the fire alarm wasn't pulled would there have been panic? Why is the firefighter a hero and the kid a villain? Both brought loaded guns to Wal Mart......no?
The problem with prosecuting this idiot is that Wal Mart as a matter of corporate policy allows the general public to carry guns in their stores. I have never seen the international “no guns” sign displayed at a Wal Mart in this area at least.

The guys sister said he wanted her to video him walking around inside the store but she wouldn’t do it,,,,,,and the firefighter said the guy was very compliant the entire time. Don’t know where they are getting that he made a terroristic threat from

In Missouri anyone who is not a convicted felon can legally own body armor.

He was wearing some kind of tactical vest but it didn’t appear to be military grade body armor if it was at all. Looked like he was wearing a black t-shirt with magazine vest
I didn't think it looked like body armor either but they still say it was. I'm pretty sure his lawyer even said that today. Looks to me like he was looking to get arrested and sue for lots of money. But he 'could' have got dead like the cop there said.

Wasn't there a similar situation in Dallas after the 5 police officers were ambushed several years ago when a guy with a rifle not the killer was walking around.

I really don't think the guy was going in to cause harm, but I heard it best from another friend, it is idiots like him that will only bolster the call for the limiting of firearms. Social experiment, he needs to go back to school looks like he failed the stupidity test.

On his facebook feed, and the news has mentioned it a few times, not saying he was a bad guy just saying.

Last edited:
On his facebook feed, and the news has mentioned it a few times, not saying he was a bad guy just saying.

I haven't seen anything about his religion or religiosity. Don't know why it would matter either.
The sermon yesterday was about how Jesus went to the temple and threw out the people doing the normal things for the day. Maybe this guy pointed out that we are worried about the wrong things. If he had no bad motives and hadn't voiced any bad motives, why are we worried about his gun? I do think there are better ways to do it but I imagine there were probably half a dozen others in the store at that time with guns and many of them visible.

I haven't seen anything about his religion or religiosity. Don't know why it would matter either.
The sermon yesterday was about how Jesus went to the temple and threw out the people doing the normal things for the day. Maybe this guy pointed out that we are worried about the wrong things. If he had no bad motives and hadn't voiced any bad motives, why are we worried about his gun? I do think there are better ways to do it but I imagine there were probably half a dozen others in the store at that time with guns and many of them visible.
You think people should have just stood around to see IF he intended any harm after what just happened in El Paso. REALLY!!!?

You think people should have just stood around to see IF he intended any harm after what just happened in El Paso. REALLY!!!?
So you think people who are not breaking any law should be assaulted with a deadly weapon?

What happens if someone sees you in Wal Mart with a crazy look in your eyes and a bulge under your shirt that’s just a cell phone in a pouch and he decides to pull a gun and shove it in your face????

In our country people can’t be arrested and charged with a crime because of what you think they might do in the future

Reactions: millerbleach
So you think people who are not breaking any law should be assaulted with a deadly weapon?

What happens if someone sees you in Wal Mart with a crazy look in your eyes and a bulge under your shirt that’s just a cell phone in a pouch and he decides to pull a gun and shove it in your face????

In our country people can’t be arrested and charged with a crime because of what you think they might do in the future
I said NO such thing and you know it!!!! I said what if he scares someone that has gun enough forth to take action. If you don't think this last week has people on edge you just ain't payoff attention! Seems to me it's the strongest 2nd amendment advocates that are the ones always talking about 'a good guy with a gun'. Are you sure they still have the patience to wait and see what a kid with a rifle hangin on his shoulder will do next? :eek:

I said NO such thing and you know it!!!! I said what if he scares someone that has gun enough forth to take action. If you don't think this last week has people on edge you just ain't payoff attention! Seems to me it's the strongest 2nd amendment advocates that are the ones always talking about 'a good guy with a gun'. Are you sure they still have the patience to wait and see what a kid with a rifle hangin on his shoulder will do next? :eek:
I would sure hope so. Most people who carry weapons don’t run around
Acting stupid with them, pretty much an armed public is a polite public

For the most part I can agree with you on what you are saying.

However I have to ask...Do you think right now today!!! that it is a smart idea to drive to your local Walmart, sit in the parking lot put on some camo, a military vest, strap an AK47 over your shoulder put on some headsets, and walk into the local Webb City Walmart?

Either it is a yes and you would be willing to do it today or a no because even you realize it is a stupid thing to do which has nothing to do with breaking the law!!

All most of us are saying it was a stupid thing for this kid to do, he should have never done it bad timing whatever. We are just going way to far to the right on this gun thing, and because of some stupid people we could lose our rights, and that upsets me.

However I have to ask...Do you think right now today!!! that it is a smart idea to drive to your local Walmart, sit in the parking lot put on some camo, a military vest, strap an AK47 over your shoulder put on some headsets, and walk into the local Webb City Walmart?

Either it is a yes and you would be willing to do it today or a no because even you realize it is a stupid thing to do which has nothing to do with breaking the law!!

All most of us are saying it was a stupid thing for this kid to do, he should have never done it bad timing whatever. We are just going way to far to the right on this gun thing, and because of some stupid people we could lose our rights, and that upsets me.
He, and I, have said it wasn't wise/smart/helpful to do it.
That doesn't change the facts that it isn't illegal or harmful.

He, and I, have said it wasn't wise/smart/helpful to do it.
That doesn't change the facts that it isn't illegal or harmful.

I have never argued it was illegal, I have said it was stupid, and you would probable get arrested, which is exactly what happened. Now we will see if anything sticks. If I am a betting man his lawyer will delay delay delay until this can be settled quietly out of the spot light.

I have never argued it was illegal, I have said it was stupid, and you would probable get arrested, which is exactly what happened. Now we will see if anything sticks. If I am a betting man his lawyer will delay delay delay until this can be settled quietly out of the spot light.
AND, we have never argued it wasn't stupid.
I think his lawyer, and especially him, want this taken care of quickly. There were no laws broken. A judge might just throw it out.

I have said multiple times the kid is an idiot,,,but being an idiot is not against the law.

My sister is up visiting from Atlanta,,she said she couldn’t believe the number of people she has seen wearing sidearms. ( which is funny because she carries her S&W in her purse)

None of the gun control ideas being discussed would have stopped any of the shooting rampages in the last few years. All of the shooters bought guns legally or got them from a family member. Nobody got their gun through the “gun show loophole”

It’s “Mass Murderer Control” that needs Addressed not gun control.

Timothy Mcveigh killed 160 people in Oklahoma City with fertilizer, diesel fuel and Nitromethane. He never fired a shot. Nothing to stop someone from loading a van full of the same stuff and parking it in front of a school tomorrow and killing hundreds of people. Something has changed in our country and it’s not guns, we have always had millions of them

I have said multiple times the kid is an idiot,,,but being an idiot is not against the law.

My sister is up visiting from Atlanta,,she said she couldn’t believe the number of people she has seen wearing sidearms. ( which is funny because she carries her S&W in her purse)

None of the gun control ideas being discussed would have stopped any of the shooting rampages in the last few years. All of the shooters bought guns legally or got them from a family member. Nobody got their gun through the “gun show loophole”

Timothy Mcveigh killed 160 people in Oklahoma City with fertilizer, diesel fuel and Nitromethane. He never fired a shot. Nothing to stop someone from loading a van full of the same stuff and parking it in front of a school tomorrow and killing hundreds of people. Something has changed in our country and it’s not guns, we have always had millions of them

Why don’t more and more assassins use fertilizer to kill people? Could it be because it is a hell of a lot easier to simply buy an AR15, some big honkin magazines and head out on a Saturday? Why yes, I think you may be on to something there Duck. Perhaps we should make it as difficult to mass kill as possible. Agreed. Well said sir. We have common ground. Let’s do it.

I think most of the arguments on here have been about magazine size, not the guns. That said why does anybody need an AR-15? You guys tell me they're not good for deer hunting because they are not powerful enough. If that's true how do they do so much damage to the human body? Every doctor I've seen talk about this after a shooting says they absolutely tear the hell out of your insides because of the velocity, NOT the caliber.

I think most of the arguments on here have been about magazine size, not the guns. That said why does anybody need an AR-15? You guys tell me they're not good for deer hunting because they are not powerful enough. If that's true how do they do so much damage to the human body? Every doctor I've seen talk about this after a shooting says they absolutely tear the hell out of your insides because of the velocity, NOT the caliber.
Because they are light and easy for anyone to operate. They make an excellent home defense weapon with almost no recoil due to the .22 caliber bullet.

They are the most popular long gun in America. It’s a constitutional right to own one, a citizen doesn’t have to demonstrate a “need”

AR-15’s are used in a tiny fraction of gun deaths in the USA. If you want to cut down on deaths you should be asking why anyone needs a .38 caliber revolver or a 9mm handgun

Because they are light and easy for anyone to operate. They make an excellent home defense weapon with almost no recoil due to the .22 caliber bullet.

They are the most popular long gun in America. It’s a constitutional right to own one, a citizen doesn’t have to demonstrate a “need”

AR-15’s are used in a tiny fraction of gun deaths in the USA. If you want to cut down on deaths you should be asking why anyone needs a .38 caliber revolver or a 9mm handgun
I'm sure a lot of 38's hold an enormous amount of shells. Since when does a .22 make a good defensive weapon? You're telling me those used in the mass shootings have .22 shells in em?

I'm sure a lot of 38's hold an enormous amount of shells. Since when does a .22 make a good defensive weapon? You're telling me those used in the mass shootings have .22 shells in em?
Yes an AR-15 fires a .22 caliber bullet in a .223 cartridge (or 5.56 NATO) this bullet is normally a 60 grain projectile where the .22 long rifle is a 40 grain. Exactly the same diameter bullet just a bit heavier.

The number of “shells” a weapon holds is pretty much not an issue.

What's funny genius is where are all these sidearm people when there is a shooting massacre.

Yes an AR-15 fires a .22 caliber bullet in a .223 cartridge (or 5.56 NATO) this bullet is normally a 60 grain projectile where the .22 long rifle is a 40 grain. Exactly the same diameter bullet just a bit heavier.

The number of “shells” a weapon holds is pretty much not an issue.
What the heck are you talking about? If a guy is in a crowded area he can shoot a LOT more folks if his weapon has more shells, bullets, projectiles are what ever you want call it. All I know is doctors that try to save people after these shootings say the AR-15 has more velocity than other weapons therefore do a lot more damage.

What the heck are you talking about? If a guy is in a crowded area he can shoot a LOT more folks if his weapon has more shells, bullets, projectiles are what ever you want call it. All I know is doctors that try to save people after these shootings say the AR-15 has more velocity than other weapons therefore do a lot more damage.
Well the army is in the middle of doing away with the AR platform and is adopting a new larger 6.5mm NATO round in their new rifle because the AR in .223 does not have the knockdown power needed to get the job done on the battlefield.

The crap you hear from doctors and pundits about how lethal the AR is just people running their mouths about something they are clueless about.

I don’t own an AR but I do have an AK. I normally have a 10 round magazine in it because a 30 round magazine hangs out so far and makes it cumbersome to handle. It takes less than 2 seconds to drop a mag, insert a fresh one and release the bolt. It would take about 30 seconds more to fire 100 rounds with 10 round mags than a single 100 round drum magazine. That’s why the entire debate on magazine size is so stupid.

Well the army is in the middle of doing away with the AR platform and is adopting a new larger 6.5mm NATO round in their new rifle because the AR in .223 does not have the knockdown power needed to get the job done on the battlefield.

The crap you hear from doctors and pundits about how lethal the AR is just people running their mouths about something they are clueless about.

I don’t own an AR but I do have an AK. I normally have a 10 round magazine in it because a 30 round magazine hangs out so far and makes it cumbersome to handle. It takes less than 2 seconds to drop a mag, insert a fresh one and release the bolt. It would take about 30 seconds more to fire 100 rounds with 10 round mags than a single 100 round drum magazine. That’s why the entire debate on magazine size is so stupid.
I've seen the tests of shots from the AR-15 where use a block of kind of solid jelly type stuff and the AR shot just explodes and turns upward inside that stuff where others rifle shots just go straight through. That's where all there damage is done. The docs say it literally blows up your liver and many other vital organs when it hits them. If you don't believe the doctors then I can't help ya.

Sounds like they used a hollow point with the AR and not with the other. Must have been a CNN doctor.
You guys are just flat out unbelievable! I know you think 60 Minutes is a 'fake news' outlet but that is where I saw the tests being done. The doctors I've seen talk about it were actually in operating rooms trying to save victims of these shootings and taking bullets from their body. I'm pretty sure they weren't taking a political view of it at that time.

You own an AK? So you have a small penis. Got it.

You guys are just flat out unbelievable! I know you think 60 Minutes is a 'fake news' outlet but that is where I saw the tests being done. The doctors I've seen talk about it were actually in operating rooms trying to save victims of these shootings and taking bullets from their body. I'm pretty sure they weren't taking a political view of it at that time.
The muzzle energy of a round is the best indicator of its ability to destroy tissue. A .223 Remington 60 grain hollow point has a muzzle energy of 1350 ft-pounds,,,,,,a standard 130 grain 30-30 round used deer hunting nationwide develops 1600 ft-pounds of energy. The .300 Weatherby Super Mag I Elk hunt with develops 4100 ft-pounds of Energy .

You didn’t even know an M16/AR15 fires a .22 caliber bullet. Educate yourself on the subject a bit and don’t just soak in the crap people spew out trying to push their own agenda.

Like I said the military is replacing the .223 with the new 6.5mm NATO round because of the .223’s lack of killing ability. It is not some super killing bullet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT