ADVERTISEMENT

MHSBCA Clinic

fungoking

May 29, 2001
Coaches,

Hope you are planning on attending what looks to be a great MHSBCA clinic this year. I wanted to give you a couple of important updates.

MHSBCA’s used sports equipment ministry has been really busy. This year we have been able to send a couple of shipments of baseball equipment to the Dominican Republic and Cuba. Be sure to bring your used equipment and uniforms. A new wrinkle this year; those old team t-shirts are really popular, give them to me and some kid in Cuba or the DR may be excitingly sporting your leftover 2008 conference title shirt. We have also started taking umpire equipment, so if you have any connections we’ll be collecting that as well. We have been doing more work with coaches and would like to start taking donations to them. So go treat yourself to a new pair of turf shoes, new bag, stopwatches, and all types of coaching swag and donate your old stuff to a coach who otherwise would never have it.

I also want to invite you to the FCA breakfast buffet on Saturday morning sponsored by Bill Edington with Athletes International. To get your free ticket for the breakfast, please sign up at the registration table. The breakfast speaker is Coach Elliot Johnson. After 40 years of coaching (30 as a collegiate head baseball coach), Elliot Johnson left coaching in 2011. His overall collegiate record was 921-499, which ranked 8th among active coaches on the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics career victory list (17th all-time) and 8th in career winning percentage (13th all-time). Coach Johnson is a member of the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Hall of Fame, the Trevecca Nazarene University Hall of Fame, and the American Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame. In 2008, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes awarded him the Jerry Kindall Character in Coaching Award. He has been blessed to recruit and coach numerous NAIA All-Americans and professional players including Ben Zobrist.

Hope you see you at Jeff City!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT