ADVERTISEMENT

Longboard Question: Need Advice on Choosing the Right Trucks

lelorov

Jul 28, 2023
Hey all.

I'm relatively new to the longboarding scene and have been having a blast cruising around my neighborhood.
However, I'm at a bit of a crossroads when it comes to upgrading my setup, specifically the trucks.
I'm looking for advice on choosing the right trucks for my riding style. I've heard a lot about how the choice of trucks can significantly affect the overall feel and performance of your board.
Some riders have suggested that I go for a more stable setup for downhill cruising, while others recommend a more maneuverable option for tricks and commuting.
So, what do you think? Any recommendations on truck brands or specific models for a newbie like me?
I'd love to hear your experiences and insights to help me make an informed decision.

Hey all.

I'm relatively new to the longboarding scene and have been having a blast cruising around my neighborhood.
However, I'm at a bit of a crossroads when it comes to upgrading my setup, specifically the trucks.
I'm looking for advice on choosing the right trucks for my riding style. I've heard a lot about how the choice of trucks can significantly affect the overall feel and performance of your board.
Some riders have suggested that I go for a more stable setup for downhill cruising, while others recommend a more maneuverable option for tricks and commuting.
So, what do you think? Any recommendations on truck brands or specific models for a newbie like me?
I'd love to hear your experiences and insights to help me make an informed decision on Apartments for sale in Metn.
no response to this

Hey all.

So, what do you think about Bothell Deck Building Contractor? Any recommendations on truck brands or specific models for a newbie like me?
I'd love to hear your experiences and insights to help me make an informed decision.
For downhill cruising, consider wider trucks for stability. Brands like Independent and Caliber are reputable choices. If you're looking for maneuverability for tricks and commuting, narrower trucks with a reverse kingpin design from brands like Paris or Bear could be a good fit. Ultimately, it depends on your specific preferences and riding style.

Last edited:
Choosing the right trucks for your longboard is essential for achieving the optimal riding experience, as they greatly influence stability, maneuverability, and overall performance. Here are some factors to consider when selecting trucks:

Truck Width: The width of the trucks should match the width of your longboard deck. Ideally, the axles of the trucks should align with the edges of the deck for proper balance and stability.
Truck Height: The height of the trucks affects the distance between the deck and the ground, which in turn influences stability and maneuverability. Lower trucks provide greater stability, while higher trucks offer more clearance for carving and turns.
Truck Angle (Kingpin): The angle of the kingpin determines the responsiveness and turning radius of the trucks. Lower angles (around 50 degrees) provide more stability and are suitable for downhill riding, while higher san francisco Luxury salons (around 50+ degrees) offer sharper turns and are preferred for cruising and carving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT