ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar 40 Springfield Catholic 0 Halftime

Everyone is playing for 2nd in class 2.
chris-pratt-nodding.gif

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Lamar 46 SC 0

Link is to recap of game from Ozark Sports Zone. I'm a Lamar fan and I think some of you are getting ahead of yourself with everyone is playing for 2nd place. I will have to wait a few more weeks not sure if Lamar is that good or Springfield Catholic was that bad.

A couple of interesting notes from recap.

Lamar’s defense limited Catholic to -26 yards rushing, making tackles for a loss on 10 of 13 rushing attempts. The Tigers held Catholic to 77 yards through the air and picked off two passes – one of which was returned for a touchdown.

Lamar’s offense rushed for 192 yards in the first quarter alone while building a 20-0 advantage. The Tigers finished with an astounding 520 yards on the ground while rushing 41 times. Five different players scored touchdowns.

Lamar 46 SC 0

Link is to recap of game from Ozark Sports Zone. I'm a Lamar fan and I think some of you are getting ahead of yourself with everyone is playing for 2nd place. I will have to wait a few more weeks not sure if Lamar is that good or Springfield Catholic was that bad.

A couple of interesting notes from recap.

Lamar’s defense limited Catholic to -26 yards rushing, making tackles for a loss on 10 of 13 rushing attempts. The Tigers held Catholic to 77 yards through the air and picked off two passes – one of which was returned for a touchdown.

Lamar’s offense rushed for 192 yards in the first quarter alone while building a 20-0 advantage. The Tigers finished with an astounding 520 yards on the ground while rushing 41 times. Five different players scored touchdowns.
It's not about how strong Lamar is, more about how weak the remainder of Class 2 seems to be. I (and many others) thought Palmyra would present a challenge. You can scratch that thought now. Maryville moving down got the heart pumping until severe blockage occured in the form of a Falcon. Centralia? Uh, no. I'm sure there will be several programs that will have a great regular season (Bowling Green immediately comes to mind), but they just don't have what it takes to go toe to toe with Lamar imo.

Reactions: Arcola
It's not about how strong Lamar is, more about how weak the remainder of Class 2 seems to be. I (and many others) thought Palmyra would present a challenge. You can scratch that thought now. Maryville moving down got the heart pumping until severe blockage occured in the form of a Falcon. Centralia? Uh, no. I'm sure there will be several programs that will have a great regular season (Bowling Green immediately comes to mind), but they just don't have what it takes to go toe to toe with Lamar imo.
Palmyra had some kids out. But still can't hang with Lamar.

Reactions: Cards1968
Ava could be peppery by the time they face Lamar. Maybe. Also possibly Lutheran St Charles. But Maryville is the other option. Idk.

Fair Grove and Mt. View Liberty could be in the chase. They play each other on Friday night. And if Fair Grove was to upend Lamar in the district finals, and Liberty was able to beat Ava and win their district, they would be in line for a rematch.

I agree that Lutheran Ct. Charles could be a team to be reckoned with.

It's a long season and many obstacles will have to be overcome in order to hoist the trophy. Good luck to all teams and hopefully everyone will be able to play without any major injuries.

Prayers go out to the Mt. View Liberty senior quarterback Tyler Watts.. Tyler was lost for the season on Friday night with a broken tibula. Get Well Soon Tyler!!

I don't think anyone comes within 2 tds of Lamar this year. Lamar isn't as big as they were last year, they are faster! Big problem for class 2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT