ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney @ Grain Valley.

Should be interesting.

Kearney starting D gives up 4.8 points a game.
Grain V scores 40 a game.
I don't know beyond Platte County really lit them up after a competitive start back in Week 2. This one is definitely not on my Pick Em list but will be there at least for as long as it stays in range. This D is the saltiest (oops pepperiest sorry RawMeat) bunch I've seen in I don't know how long.

Reactions: KHSDOGFAN
GV may have the best rushing attack that K had seen this year but I don't see this one finishing close.

I've been wrong before but this a down GV team and maybe the best Kearney D ever.
Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

Reactions: cardsfan200306
If GV plans on running the ball with any success they better have a different plan. Only way I see anyone testing K is a strong pass game and great line play.

This is why Kearney vs. Platte County would have been THE Game of the 2024 regular season..............

PROJECT A MATCHUP

regular season (neutral field)
[2024] Kearney (MO) 31 (65%), [2024] Platte County (Platte City, MO) 24 (35%)

playoffs (neutral field)
[2024] Kearney (MO) 35 (81%), [2024] Platte County (Platte City, MO) 21 (19%)

GV strength of schedule so far has been pretty weak. Kearney…….not so much
if you're saying Park Hill and NKC were quality opponents, I'd beg to differ. Regardless of class differences Kearney were massive favorites for both of those on this forum and in the state.

Park Hill beat Park Hill South by 34 points. Oak Park beat them by 20. Saw Oak Park at NW Missouri Camp. Had some big play capability, but not close to Park Hill.
Was impressed with their overall talent and depth. If they get that spread offense ironed out they could find themselves in a good quarterfinal vs. who knows (District 7 is strong and open if a bit - Week 7 BS South at Liberty, a game I am 100 percent attending, could be very telling).

Was impressed with their overall talent and depth. If they get that spread offense ironed out they could find themselves in a good quarterfinal vs. who knows (District 7 is strong and open if a bit - Week 7 BS South at Liberty, a game I am 100 percent attending, could be very telling).

Park Hill will finish 6-3 in the regular season and win District 8 in Class 6. Saw Kearney torch Oak Park on three consecutive plays in camp. Imagine what the Park Hill squad will do if they are a little more sharp here in a couple weeks. It will be a track meeet.

Having seen both I will friendly bet ya Park Hill beats Oak Park.
Uh I sure hope so! Oak Park has not lived up to snuff to the hype some were giving their running game. Park Hill has improved week to week. They are young-ish but inexperienced. Them running into the best in class 4 early didn't help.

Uh I sure hope so! Oak Park has not lived up to snuff to the hype some were giving their running game. Park Hill has improved week to week. They are young-ish but inexperienced. Them running into the best in class 4 early didn't help.
Park Hill beat Columbia Rock Bridge in a 3 OT thriller to open the season. Those Bruins are going to win the very tough Central MO conference after beating both Helias Catholic and relative JC newcomer Capital City.

The Trojans actually were able to move the ball thru the air but were just inconsistent plus the QB rollouts got a bit predictable and Kearney has not just a punishing but very FAST front seven.

Don't take anything away from Smithville knocking off the Northmen week before last that was an impressive defensive showing. I always tell everyone to watch BLOWOUT REMATCHES in the post season...............

Fair. Class 4 has taken a sharp decline since the class arrangements. Class 5 is a murder zone for private schools.
My biggest "swing and miss" last week was omitting Pleasant Hill at Warrensburg. That result tells me C4, barring a huge rash of injuries, is gonna be mostly about the Lutheran North vs. Kearney (or Smithville if you all can keep pace next time around) semifinal. That one, if it happens, could be very similar to Smithville hosting all-star St. Mary's year before last.

Reactions: Boogie_Mane
My biggest "swing and miss" last week was omitting Pleasant Hill at Warrensburg. That result tells me C4, barring a huge rash of injuries, is gonna be mostly about the Lutheran North vs. Kearney (or Smithville if you all can keep pace next time around) semifinal. That one, if it happens, could be very similar to Smithville hosting all-star St. Mary's year before last.
Why did you have to remind me of that game!!

Anywho, Class 4 KC Side goes through 92 as it has for years!

Reactions: thetophat2021
Park Hill beat Columbia Rock Bridge in a 3 OT thriller to open the season. Those Bruins are going to win the very tough Central MO conference after beating both Helias Catholic and relative JC newcomer Capital City.

The Trojans actually were able to move the ball thru the air but were just inconsistent plus the QB rollouts got a bit predictable and Kearney has not just a punishing but very FAST front seven.

Don't take anything away from Smithville knocking off the Northmen week before last that was an impressive defensive showing. I always tell everyone to watch BLOWOUT REMATCHES in the post season...............
I applaud the Warriors who always have tips and tricks on D as the year progresses.

Park Hill hasn’t impressed me much until this week but PHS is not good but also young. Park Hill could prove a point this week if they can be like you said, consistently better running the ball.

I applaud the Warriors who always have tips and tricks on D as the year progresses.

Park Hill hasn’t impressed me much until this week but PHS is not good but also young. Park Hill could prove a point this week if they can be like you said, consistently better running the ball.
Liberty has some HUGE kids up front both sides of the ball but are definitely D first. I do think the Trojans may catch the Jays peeking ahead to a VERY VERY BIG Week 7 hosting Blue Springs South.

Reactions: Boogie_Mane
What is nice about OP for up coming years is their youth and growing community culture around OP. Sad they are in Class 6. Imagine the Battle for Gladstone between OP and St Pius X
I really like what is going on at OP. A lot of school pride. I think they turned the corner against Fort (hoping Pankey isn't hurt though).
One thing I noticed is many of their top football and basketball boys are also cheerleaders in the offseason. Many schools don't even have 1 male cheerleader anymore let alone the top athletes.

I really like what is going on at OP. A lot of school pride. I think they turned the corner against Fort (hoping Pankey isn't hurt though).
One thing I noticed is many of their top football and basketball boys are also cheerleaders in the offseason. Many schools don't even have 1 male cheerleader anymore let alone the top athletes.
All seats on one side as it is (just like Winnetonka) I think the fact all four NKCSD schools now have their own on campus FB stadiums is a huge benefit.

Liberty has some HUGE kids up front both sides of the ball but are definitely D first. I do think the Trojans may catch the Jays peeking ahead to a VERY VERY BIG Week 7 hosting Blue Springs South.

Liberty will be an L for Park Hill. The match up looks to be favorable for the Blue Jays.

Liberty will be an L for Park Hill. The match up looks to be favorable for the Blue Jays.
Without a doubt the Blue Springs South game will be their huge C6 measuring stick plus there is one advantage to playing 3 overmatched teams in a row gives them a chance to iron out their offense which looked questionable back in Week 2 for whatever that is worth considering that opponent (LN).

Without a doubt the Blue Springs South game will be their huge C6 measuring stick plus there is one advantage to playing 3 overmatched teams in a row gives them a chance to iron out their offense which looked questionable back in Week 2 for whatever that is worth considering that opponent (LN).
If teams were smart against Liberty they would load the box, play cover 1 or zero. Force the QB to beat you. They run the ball so well but Hicks can only do so much carry the rock week to week in class 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT