ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney 21, Fort Osage 0 Final

Great game. It was a defensive dogfight. I think if they get Peppers back Fort will be ok by districts.

Reactions: quadzilla200
Saw that Fort has moved their Fargo All American wrestler Ward over to linebacker with three seniors.

Thought that the fort linebackers played their butts off.....Thompson may be as good as I've seen at Fort at the LB position and that is saying a lot.
Best individual player on the field tonight but man Kearney has some LB speed and smarts of their own! Brings back memories of the 2009 and 2015 units..............

Came away from this one with very mixed feelings will get into later..................off to Pick Em for now.
Week 3 Platte County and that spread offense with a now experienced big time QB will be Fort's real test moving forward.

Kearney does not play the Pirates so not really sure where the test for their D will come unless possibly Park Hill Week 4. They literally do not have one experienced, top notch QB on the 2024 schedule we shall see how that plays in November I suppose.

Overall nearly impossible to gauge any team after just one week. Issue moving forward for Fort has been hit on time and again tonight (RB Peppers availability). For Kearney, again just off one game, I was not expecting them to be so run heavy. Passing never seemed in sync at all again could be the opponent and the O Line was inconsistent but some of that was sheer numbers i.e. Fort loading the box.

Given the caliber of both programs and their recent resumes this could well have been a heavyweight bout ala 2009. At times I told friends at the game it felt that way.................

Yeah, this years’ D is better.
tJB9mnPvUtBrIBFs2X.webp

Did the O-Lineman Brashear get kicked out because of multiple unsportsmanlike penalties??? Big difference between him and next man up.
Yes, I am pretty sure that's happened. I wonder if and ejection means he has to sit out the next game? He would be a big loss(no pun inended).

Reactions: thetophat2021
He seems to be a bit better passer than #2...... Also didn't think the injury to #2 looked too serious, so wonder if they just wanted to roll with #15 to see what he can do as he may have more potential
I liked what I saw from #15 and he's only a sophomore...my first time seeing him but I think he has a decent ceiling.

Did the O-Lineman Brashear get kicked out because of multiple unsportsmanlike penalties??? Big difference between him and next man up.
Yes unfortunately. All Conf player as a soph and out for week 2. He is very good with an extremely high ceiling. Hopefully a learning experience for him.

Reactions: Fort80
Always in
Yes, I am pretty sure that's happened. I wonder if and ejection means he has to sit out the next game? He would be a big loss(no pun inended).

How long is the starting QB out for Fort? Broken wrist?
He broke the wrist.... Yikes... That may be a bit of a recovery, especially if it's on his throwing hand

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT