ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to declare martial law

Bogey Man

Sep 23, 2004
Enough of the looting that erupted again Friday night. Bring in the National Guard!!!

I am losing sympathy with the protesters. We all wanted more information. The name of the officer was released. The video of the strong armed robbery is being called "character assassination" by the protesters. While the robbery does not justify the shooting, the video does contradict the portrait of Michael Brown that has been painted as a innocent, law abiding citizen. Every early report included that Brown was starting college on Monday. Now when evidence is released showing him in a different light, the protesters want to call "foul". They can't have it both ways. The robbery wasn't typical teenage mischief. He didn't stuff a couple candy bars down his pants. Brown flagrantly and violently showed no respect for the law when he openly stole from the store and attacked the employee. This act demonstrated his "character".

Also shows he is willing to intimidate in order to get his way. Has to be considered when 10 minutes after bullying someone in a theft is then confronted by a police officer. So many mistakes made I don't see a good ending.

The looting has gone to far,the store owners are pissed,I wouldn't want to be looting any more because I bet you get shot

This entire thing is just a perfect example of how out of control social media has become.
The protests and craziness and rumors are only going to get worse on the next case in the future.

Originally posted by Duck_walk:
This entire thing is just a perfect example of how out of control social media has become.
The protests and craziness and rumors are only going to get worse on the next case in the future.
It's not the protesters fault! Social media is to blame.
If people would quit crying racism every time a person of race is disparaged for doing something dumb, that might be a step in the right direction.

Originally posted by millerbleach:

It's not the protesters fault! Social media is to blame.
If people would quit crying racism every time a person of race is disparaged for doing something dumb, that might be a step in the right direction.
Agreed but if you follow the newspaper in St. Louis, you know that the city cops cannot always be trusted to do the right thing. Lots of corruption and downright criminal activity from the St. Louis and area municipalities police has been well documented. I would like to believe the version of the cop involved, but not going to 100% believe it just because he said so.

IMO it doesn't matter what the facts are this cop will be found guilty so the city of STL wont be burned to the ground.

Did I say the protestors aren't to blame Kenny?
Who do you think I am referring to using social media genius?
I have a stump in my yard smarter than your posts.

Did I say the protestors aren't to blame Kenny?
Who do you think I am referring to using social media genius?
I have a stump in my yard smarter than your posts.
Says the guy who can't keep it straight who he is talking to.

Do you have debates with your stumps often?

Kenny was a sarcastic reference emphasizing that someone is being bull headed.

Does it matter who is using social media? The individuals are to blame not anything or anyone else.
Getting a speeding ticket after watching Fast and Furious (or Smokey and the Bandit for us olders) isn't the fault of the movie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT